how bad is the obstructed veiw form behind the sound boared tent in the seats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileymbcastard

War Child
it seems my obstructed view seat at Rogers centre in toronto is behind the sound tent up in the seats section 121R row 30. does anyone have a picture from another palce as to how bad this can look, so my shock is a bit less for tommorow

it seems my obstructed view seat at Rogers centre in toronto is behind the sound tent up in the seats section 121R row 30. does anyone have a picture from another palce as to how bad this can look, so my shock is a bit less for tommorow

This was Rose Bowl but much lower than 30. It really depends on how high you are and what angle. You cannot see the b-stage from this angle.

BNqZ4iu.jpg

If you're a little further right or left then you're fine. If you can see over the top, you'll be fine.

That being said, get there early and talk to the ticket office/admin office on site. Take a picture of your obstruction and ask nicely if there's any accommodation they can make for you.

I did that at the RB and they gave me front row tickets here:
N7o4Uhz.jpg

A really bad situation turned into a fantastic situation, just ask nicely but be prepared if they say no =)

Good luck to you!

Edit: Just looked at the seat map for Rogers Centre, that's about the same section, I hope you're at a much steeper incline than we were. Like I said, ask. The worst they can do is say no. Or beg, borrow and steal to get a GA as back up.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, what do you mean by screens? Do you mean display screens? No :(

ah display screens would have helped a bit but looking at pictures form the web i see there are not. well as i said im glad i got a ticket and i may not be able to see the b stage lets see how it goes though row 30 seems quite up

This was Rose Bowl but much lower than 30. It really depends on how high you are and what angle. You cannot see the b-stage from this angle.

BNqZ4iu.jpg

If you're a little further right or left then you're fine. If you can see over the top, you'll be fine.

That being said, get there early and talk to the ticket office/admin office on site. Take a picture of your obstruction and ask nicely if there's any accommodation they can make for you.

I did that at the RB and they gave me front row tickets here:
N7o4Uhz.jpg

A really bad situation turned into a fantastic situation, just ask nicely but be prepared if they say no =)

Good luck to you!

Edit: Just looked at the seat map for Rogers Centre, that's about the same section, I hope you're at a much steeper incline than we were. Like I said, ask. The worst they can do is say no. Or beg, borrow and steal to get a GA as back up.

Bloody hell that looks a look way from the stage, what stadiums that? The first pic not the 2nd one

Those Rose Bowl seats are awful. Again adds to why they should abandon this "omg let's keep the screen dark for the first four songs" thing.

Good on the venue for moving you though. I should tell MetLife that I have a tendency to flail my arms around when surrounded by people to see if they'll upgrade me to RedZone

Most venues have a contingency allotment of tickets set aside for obstructions. Like Synj said you just have to politely explain to the right person (not an usher) the problem and there's a good chance you will get moved to a more favorable location.

Bloody hell that looks a look way from the stage, what stadiums that? The first pic not the 2nd one

Those are both the same stadium, Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA.

The first pic was the obstructed seats, the second pic was the new seats they offered me. Quite a difference I know!

I originally thought it might be cool to have a center seat to take in the show, but as you can see that didn't work quite the way I thought LOL!

I was moved to some VERY nice seats and the b-stage still wasn't close, but I can't imagine you see a whole lot from the very back. As you can see in the obstructed seats, I was at the front of that section.

Those Rose Bowl seats are awful. Again adds to why they should abandon this "omg let's keep the screen dark for the first four songs" thing.

Good on the venue for moving you though. I should tell MetLife that I have a tendency to flail my arms around when surrounded by people to see if they'll upgrade me to RedZone

Good luck! I almost considered intentionally buying some obstructed seats to test my luck. Almost.

Most venues have a contingency allotment of tickets set aside for obstructions. Like Synj said you just have to politely explain to the right person (not an usher) the problem and there's a good chance you will get moved to a more favorable location.

Yes, the ushers/staff can't help you other than to hopefully tell you who can. Even at that, if you have any concern about your tickets, get there early so you have time to find where you need to go and sort it out. I was not the only one, most of our section was moved and I ended up sitting next to a lot of the same people from that show. I kinda of like to think I started the front row migration because I was marching up and down stairs talking to anyone and everyone in a venue shirt LOL! I must have looked ridiculous, but I was getting the run around from the first few people I talked to. Again, worth it!

Oh I guess it's the lumineers... The daylight threw me off.

Oh I guess it's the lumineers... The daylight threw me off.

Yes, they used it for opening act and the scroll before the show.

And yeah, the lighting was completely different based on where we were sitting, that's why it looks like two different shows/venues. Same show though =)

Yeah, I ended up only seeing the last lumineers song for both shows. That walk to find the ga line once you got to the stadium almost felt as long as the walk to the stadium from the train station itself.

I have no idea why the above seats were considered obstructed. i lvoed them and once SBS started wow the bass i could feel it in my ribs. Toronto we had a gala show with 22 songs and an open roof

xVlRh

Last edited:
I have no idea why the above seats were considered obstructed. i lvoed them and once SBS started wow the bass i could feel it in my ribs. Toronto we had a gala show with 22 songs and an open roof

xVlRh

Lol those are perfect for watching the show head on. That was what I was going for when I bought mine for RB but obviously didn't work out quite that way.

Glad it worked it out so well for you, looks like it turned out to be a great show.

Back
Top Bottom