How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
l0fb.gif

oh dear, you people are as hilarious as ever. you don't like or agree with the criticism, so - let's see - yes must be a white nationalist! No way is he a progressive like us - can't be! Loves Trump! Woo-hoo! :applaud:

reading your posts kinda reminds me of these incoherent Minion memes lame people tend to share

The most I'm baffled about is that they are not playing the version of Desire from iHeartRadioFestival, which sounded best in years. Would be an amazing encore opener (and also fit the show very well). Something like this would be a great improvement:

1. Desire
2. Vertigo
3. Until The End of The World
4. Ultraviolet/Mysterious Ways
5. One
6. The Little Things That Give You Away

I've seen 3 shows in 3 cities on this tour (2 in US, 1 in EU) and all three were top notch in terms of visuals and sound quality. They were very competent shows.

But that's the best I can say about them, they were competent. The last song changed for all three but there was hardly an ounce of spontaneity at any of the three. Same songs, same 'jokes', same comments from the band. And certainly no veering from the script musically even within a song. This was U2 becoming a broadway touring musical with their greatest hits package. I enjoyed the shows, but ultimately each felt like it was missing that little something that historically has made a U2 concert different than your average rock show.

Fingers crossed that a new album and some new songs can bring that back next time around. I think it will.

The main set (JT) is fantastic! The change from pride to Streets with the red light, the band posing and the film from Anton Corbijn is so well done! Goosebumps...

The part before is great too, but too short i.m.o.... Why not add songs from 'Boy' and 'October'?

The encore is really boring. I am so done with the easy rocktunes 'Elevation'and 'Vertigo' (however the crowd around me went nuts in Barcelona!) and the overplayed 'One'. The UV version with the women on screen annoys me so much! I think it's very easy and political correct thing to do...And it doesn't feel right to me. It's like, ok now a block with all great women from the world in a few minutes, to prove women contributed a lot to this world... I mean, whats the point of doing this? What do they wanna achieve with this? (and I missed many...where was Ang San Suu Kyi? )

This was the encore I hoped for:

ZooStation
Until The End Of The World
Stay
Gone
Please
Kite
All Because Of You
Moment OF Surrender
Every Breaking Wave

But that's the best I can say about them, they were competent. The last song changed for all three but there was hardly an ounce of spontaneity at any of the three. Same songs, same 'jokes', same comments from the band. And certainly no veering from the script musically even within a song. This was U2 becoming a broadway touring musical with their greatest hits package. I enjoyed the shows, but ultimately each felt like it was missing that little something that historically has made a U2 concert different than your average rock show.

Go to almost any other band's message board and it's the same things being discussed. We're the only ones that even consider going to multiple shows and will notice these sorts of things. Even then, we're not getting affected by it unless we watch their YouTube videos and bootlegs religiously. I doubt most of us go to more than 1-3 shows anyway on a tour. If it affects people that badly, then maybe going to shows aren't their thing?

Like I said before, it could be a lot worse... we could just be Soundgarden and Linkin Park fans and never see any songs again anyway. So yeah.

I've seen 3 shows in 3 cities on this tour (2 in US, 1 in EU) and all three were top notch in terms of visuals and sound quality. They were very competent shows.

Fingers crossed that a new album and some new songs can bring that back next time around. I think it will.

Historically?! ZooTV, Pop, even JT87 had the same thing. They've always had a very scripted show. Come on Marshall?!

yep, they are simply fulfilling their contractual commitment while cashing in on their history, and buying time before they are forced to release the next album.

And it shows.

Queue the outrage.

I saw one concert and I was happy with it. I went in Fresh without knowing the setlist beforehand, which is how I imagine most attendees saw it.

To me, it looked like the band enjoyed playing the album and it sounded fantastic. I got to see every song off JT, when previously I only saw the big four. I can't ask for more than that.

And the fact that they closed many concerts with a new song shows that they're excited about new material as well.

yep, they are simply fulfilling their contractual commitment while cashing in on their history, and buying time before they are forced to release the next album.

And it shows.

Queue the outrage.

Hey guys, I quoted the guy that didn't know what he was talking about to support my view of not knowing what I'm talking about because I'm controversial af.

And it shows.

Because there's so much outrage.

:rockon:

while the next night I discovered that it takes six pints of beer to coax me into jumping up and down for Vertigo and Elevation.

Axver against solid radio rock, 2017.

Last edited:
This was the encore I hoped for:

ZooStation
Until The End Of The World
Stay
Gone
Please
Kite
All Because Of You
Moment OF Surrender
Every Breaking Wave

Only two songs, they should consider are; Hawkmoon 269, and Last Night on Earth. That'd shut everyone up.

Back
Top Bottom