How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2017, 07:48 AM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
*hmm*
Quote:
*hmm*
Quote:
*hmm*
Quote:
*hmm*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post
Hmm.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #122
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:03 AM
Old 08-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, I was thinking Crast Test Dummies would be an appropriate response there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Well I'm glad I wasted time opening this thread.
Regarding this thread in general, all you need to know is one thing:
(assuming all goes as planned) U2 is giving us 3 separate tours with 3 completely different setlists in 2015, 2017, and 2018.

That right there is some legit setlist variation, as compared to some of their big global tours that wound up lasting 3 years themselves for one reason or the other (and then had long breaks afterwards).
Old 08-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
Yeah, I was thinking Crast Test Dummies would be an appropriate response there.

).
They were lacking an H.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #125
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Hey guys, I quoted the guy that didn't know what he was talking about to support my view of not knowing what I'm talking about because I'm controversial af.

And it shows.

Because there's so much outrage.

yes, keep characterizing someone's opinion with not knowing what they are talking about....

but let's move on, because I want to thank you... see I get comfort in knowing that you are constantly and unfailingly patrolling the halls of the forum, seemingly 24x7, keeping it both real and safe for your fellow travelers. This is why I post actually. Knowing you are always there, it is.... good.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #126
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
yes, keep characterizing someone's opinion with not knowing what they are talking about

Well then, please do inform us. Explain for example how ZooTV was any less "Broadway show" than they are now, with the same setlists, the same "let's see what's on TV shall we", "Achtung y'all", "haven't come out here to watch tv now have ya", and "let's call the president shall we" every night?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #127
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Fulfilling the flimsy demands of their hardcore fans, is probably at the same priority level for U2, as fulfilling their bureaucratic, contractural demands.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
You joke, but that would sell out lightning quick in Australia.
I'd actually go to that show honestly
Old 08-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #129
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
I'd actually go to that show honestly
Keep that shit within theatres, and would sell better than TJT2017.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:16 AM   #130
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Old 08-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #131
Acrobat

Quote:
Well then, please do inform us. Explain for example how ZooTV was any less "Broadway show" than they are now, with the same setlists, the same "let's see what's on TV shall we", "Achtung y'all", "haven't come out here to watch tv now have ya", and "let's call the president shall we" every night?
I think you are confusing me with someone who actually said that the current tour is more 'Broadway show' than Zoo TV, or other past tours.

I never said that.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #132
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think you are confusing me with someone who actually said that the current tour is more 'Broadway show' than Zoo TV, or other past tours.

I never said that.

It was a part of your 'Is This It' manifesto, you just literally quoted someone who's crux of the argument was just that, IN a thread criticizing the spontaneity of this tour. Have you forgot your back story again?

"I don't know if they're a band anymore, it's more a Hollywood production", ok maybe YOU didn't use the word Broadway, but this has been a crux of your argument since day one.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #133
Acrobat

Quote:
It was a part of your 'Is This It' manifesto, you just literally quoted someone who's crux of the argument was just that, IN a thread criticizing the spontaneity of this tour. Have you forgot your back story again?

"I don't know if they're a band anymore, it's more a Hollywood production", ok maybe YOU didn't use the word Broadway, but this has been a crux of your argument since day one.
the current tour is a bore and a disappointment, for a variety of reasons. In my view it's pointless to compare it with Zoo TV or any other tour from the distant past because the band evolves and so does their artistic and creative ambition. but the base reasons for my disappointment in both this tour and the band's general direction have been clear in my posts, and so really not interested in rehashing that with you.

If you're really just interested in endlessly debating every single point, then you can do that without me. Your comment about 'backstory' is consistent with all the other nonsense I see you post here.... arguing with people on technical points and semantics... I am glad you find value out of that but I do not...

if however you are interested in having a respectful debate/conversation, I can sign up for that. It would have to be based on not accusing me of being a white nationalist because I don't appear as properly liberal as you, or being someone else who was apparently kicked out of here...
Old 08-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #134
Acrobat

Hey, CVS & Iggy Fizz! Just admit, that you like each other already. It's 2017, it's been legalised, so get over yourselves!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #135
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
the current tour is a bore and a disappointment, for a variety of reasons. In my view it's pointless to compare it with Zoo TV or any other tour from the distant past because the band evolves and so does their artistic and creative ambition. but the base reasons for my disappointment in both this tour and the band's general direction have been clear in my posts, and so really not interested in rehashing that with you.

If you're really just interested in endlessly debating every single point, then you can do that without me. Your comment about 'backstory' is consistent with all the other nonsense I see you post here.... arguing with people on technical points and semantics... I am glad you find value out of that but I do not...

if however you are interested in having a respectful debate/conversation, I can sign up for that. It would have to be based on not accusing me of being a white nationalist because I don't appear as properly liberal as you, or being someone else who was apparently kicked out of here...

First of all, I never said you were a white nationalist.

You can hold opinions all day everyday, I'm not going to argue opinions. That's just dumb. But when someone says, I don't like current U2 because; Bono's never done this before, this is the first time U2 _____, and they've become _______, and each one of the individual points is categorically wrong then I have to question your perception. You may think it's semantics, but you've made plenty of statements that come with measurables, that are completely baseless.

I'd prefer if you just said I don't like current u2 because they're old and Bono's fat. I wouldn't believe you to be disingenuous with that statement.