How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I was thinking Crast Test Dummies would be an appropriate response there.

Well I'm glad I wasted time opening this thread.
Regarding this thread in general, all you need to know is one thing:
(assuming all goes as planned) U2 is giving us 3 separate tours with 3 completely different setlists in 2015, 2017, and 2018.

That right there is some legit setlist variation, as compared to some of their big global tours that wound up lasting 3 years themselves for one reason or the other (and then had long breaks afterwards).

Hey guys, I quoted the guy that didn't know what he was talking about to support my view of not knowing what I'm talking about because I'm controversial af.

And it shows.

Because there's so much outrage.

:rockon:

yes, keep characterizing someone's opinion with not knowing what they are talking about....

but let's move on, because I want to thank you... see I get comfort in knowing that you are constantly and unfailingly patrolling the halls of the forum, seemingly 24x7, keeping it both real and safe for your fellow travelers. This is why I post actually. Knowing you are always there, it is.... good.

yes, keep characterizing someone's opinion with not knowing what they are talking about

Well then, please do inform us. Explain for example how ZooTV was any less "Broadway show" than they are now, with the same setlists, the same "let's see what's on TV shall we", "Achtung y'all", "haven't come out here to watch tv now have ya", and "let's call the president shall we" every night?

Fulfilling the flimsy demands of their hardcore fans, is probably at the same priority level for U2, as fulfilling their bureaucratic, contractural demands.

100274-56268-ralph-wiggum.gif

Well then, please do inform us. Explain for example how ZooTV was any less "Broadway show" than they are now, with the same setlists, the same "let's see what's on TV shall we", "Achtung y'all", "haven't come out here to watch tv now have ya", and "let's call the president shall we" every night?

I think you are confusing me with someone who actually said that the current tour is more 'Broadway show' than Zoo TV, or other past tours.

I never said that.

I think you are confusing me with someone who actually said that the current tour is more 'Broadway show' than Zoo TV, or other past tours.

I never said that.

It was a part of your 'Is This It' manifesto, you just literally quoted someone who's crux of the argument was just that, IN a thread criticizing the spontaneity of this tour. Have you forgot your back story again?

"I don't know if they're a band anymore, it's more a Hollywood production", ok maybe YOU didn't use the word Broadway, but this has been a crux of your argument since day one.

It was a part of your 'Is This It' manifesto, you just literally quoted someone who's crux of the argument was just that, IN a thread criticizing the spontaneity of this tour. Have you forgot your back story again?

"I don't know if they're a band anymore, it's more a Hollywood production", ok maybe YOU didn't use the word Broadway, but this has been a crux of your argument since day one.

the current tour is a bore and a disappointment, for a variety of reasons. In my view it's pointless to compare it with Zoo TV or any other tour from the distant past because the band evolves and so does their artistic and creative ambition. but the base reasons for my disappointment in both this tour and the band's general direction have been clear in my posts, and so really not interested in rehashing that with you.

If you're really just interested in endlessly debating every single point, then you can do that without me. Your comment about 'backstory' is consistent with all the other nonsense I see you post here.... arguing with people on technical points and semantics... I am glad you find value out of that but I do not...

if however you are interested in having a respectful debate/conversation, I can sign up for that. It would have to be based on not accusing me of being a white nationalist because I don't appear as properly liberal as you, or being someone else who was apparently kicked out of here...

Hey, CVS & Iggy Fizz! Just admit, that you like each other already. It's 2017, it's been legalised, so get over yourselves!

the current tour is a bore and a disappointment, for a variety of reasons. In my view it's pointless to compare it with Zoo TV or any other tour from the distant past because the band evolves and so does their artistic and creative ambition. but the base reasons for my disappointment in both this tour and the band's general direction have been clear in my posts, and so really not interested in rehashing that with you.

If you're really just interested in endlessly debating every single point, then you can do that without me. Your comment about 'backstory' is consistent with all the other nonsense I see you post here.... arguing with people on technical points and semantics... I am glad you find value out of that but I do not...

if however you are interested in having a respectful debate/conversation, I can sign up for that. It would have to be based on not accusing me of being a white nationalist because I don't appear as properly liberal as you, or being someone else who was apparently kicked out of here...

First of all, I never said you were a white nationalist.

You can hold opinions all day everyday, I'm not going to argue opinions. That's just dumb. But when someone says, I don't like current U2 because; Bono's never done this before, this is the first time U2 _____, and they've become _______, and each one of the individual points is categorically wrong then I have to question your perception. You may think it's semantics, but you've made plenty of statements that come with measurables, that are completely baseless.

I'd prefer if you just said I don't like current u2 because they're old and Bono's fat. I wouldn't believe you to be disingenuous with that statement.

First of all, I never said you were a white nationalist.

You can hold opinions all day everyday, I'm not going to argue opinions. That's just dumb. But when someone says, I don't like current U2 because; Bono's never done this before, this is the first time U2 _____, and they've become _______, and each one of the individual points is categorically wrong then I have to question your perception. You may think it's semantics, but you've made plenty of statements that come with measurables, that are completely baseless.

I'd prefer if you just said I don't like current u2 because they're old and Bono's fat. I wouldn't believe you to be disingenuous with that statement.

let's be clear, since you seem to get excited about specifics with respect to opinions:

many months ago - before the tour started - I expressed strong misgivings about Bono's rants on Trump during the 2 special event shows they did. The rants and visuals against Trump were like nothing they ever did before, and in my view (and what I said) was that they had better be careful in trying stunts like that on the upcoming tour.

Then, I was lambasted for this by several folks who told me 'they've always been political' blah blah blah. Yeah, I know. Been a fan for a long time. My point was that they crossed a line and had better be careful or risk alienating a lot of folks.

ultimately, Axver was helpful in pointing me to a bootleg from the UF tour (I think?) where B shouted Reagan's name right before Seconds. I appreciated that because I had not heard that snippet and TBH I had no problem with it. Given that era, the threat of nukes and the song itself, it made sense.

But to be clear - comparing that Reagan shout out to what Bono did at iHeart and the other show is preposterous. The more recent antics are - as I have said - like nothing they ever did before. If you want to argue the two examples are equal, go right ahead but you are wrong. If there are other instances where a comparison is more valid, please show them to me. I am open to being wrong and will happily admit as such.

I am sure you will find other technical aspects of this to argue about, seems like that's what you do... but please stop making reference to what I argued with respect to the Trump rants as evidence I do not know what i am talking about.

let's be clear, since you seem to get excited about specifics with respect to opinions:

many months ago - before the tour started - I expressed strong misgivings about Bono's rants on Trump during the 2 special event shows they did. The rants and visuals against Trump were like nothing they ever did before, and in my view (and what I said) was that they had better be careful in trying stunts like that on the upcoming tour.

Then, I was lambasted for this by several folks who told me 'they've always been political' blah blah blah. Yeah, I know. Been a fan for a long time. My point was that they crossed a line and had better be careful or risk alienating a lot of folks.

ultimately, Axver was helpful in pointing me to a bootleg from the UF tour (I think?) where B shouted Reagan's name right before Seconds. I appreciated that because I had not heard that snippet and TBH I had no problem with it. Given that era, the threat of nukes and the song itself, it made sense.

But to be clear - comparing that Reagan shout out to what Bono did at iHeart and the other show is preposterous. The more recent antics are - as I have said - like nothing they ever did before. If you want to argue the two examples are equal,

go right ahead but you are wrong.

You had my respect for a few moments, but then you had to fizz it up.

Back
Top Bottom