How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #61
45:33

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
Wow. 'Biotech media relatons". Very impressive.

Dude you have no idea what a hole you are digging. I'd stop now.
hahahahahahahaha

prove me wrong, mate, how is your life so much better and cooler than mine

Old 07-28-2017, 02:18 AM   #62
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I expected little variation. But I also expected a better standard setlist.

So what that Beautiful Day has been reinvented when it sounds like trash. Little Things isn't much. I Will Follow has been played so rarely as to barely be relevant. And UV can blow me.

Mate I was bored shitless during the encore of London 1, 23 hours before the Great Crushing Disappointment.

And back in May, I think my excitement about ASOH, and my belief the setlist would shift and evolve (in its song inclusions as well as structure, since the encore seemed like such a work in progress), masked my broader disappointment with the setlist the band chose. I definitely remember thinking often "is this it?" and waiting for more songs to be rehearsed during those sessions in Vancouver, songs that never came. Specifically, my complaints focus on the following: there are not enough songs before JT, there should be a couple of Rattle and Hum songs after JT to end the main set with a bang, the encore should open with an in-your-face Achtung track, there are no JT b-sides not even Sweetest Thing, and where the sweet fuck is 40.
Holy shit man, maybe it's time to stop going to U2 shows for you. Better to give up your spot to some one who will enjoy their time at the concert instead. Maybe i'm reading it wrong? But seems to me it's been a long time since you enjoyed yourself at a U2 gig, so time to give it up, there are people out there ticketless who will have a better time...

Old 07-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #63
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinski View Post
Holy shit man, maybe it's time to stop going to U2 shows for you. Better to give up your spot to some one who will enjoy their time at the concert instead. Maybe i'm reading it wrong? But seems to me it's been a long time since you enjoyed yourself at a U2 gig, so time to give it up, there are people out there ticketless who will have a better time...
Mate I fucking loved the second half of JT. That's what I was there for and it delivered.

And if you're ticketless at showtime, frankly it's your own fault. Tickets aren't hard to come by in the days before a gig.

But hey, keep telling the guy who co-maintains a setlist database to not go to shows. You're kicking online goals there. I must hate the band.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #64
Refugee

Local Time: 02:33 AM
if someone told me there would be a U2 tour where they regularly played 10 songs that have been rarely or never played over the last 30 years, plus a new, unreleased song at half the shows and ASOH at almost a third of them, plus Bad nearly every night I'd think they were crazy

sure, Miss Sarajevo isn't as good as it should be, Bad is played too early and 40 in inexplicably missing and there really should be some R&H tracks but it's sill an excellent set

I wish they'd play Dancing Barefoot with Patti Smith though. Hell, I wish they'd be her band.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #65
Vocal parasite

No, it really is a shit set.

Honestly, basically every proposed set posted to Interference before this tour is better. I can't believe they've gone with this. It's so easy to tweak it into something brilliant too, that's what gets me.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #66
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
hahahahahahahaha

I cannot and would not claim my life is better than yours. So how about we stop trading insults, I have been complicit as well so I am done with that.

However, for my money I maintain this tour is a bore and the setlists are terrible (not just static which we expect from this band but simply poor choices). JT30 was and is designed to both put off the new record which they cannot seem to finish (no shock there) as well as serve their LN contract. No dishonor in either of those things individually but to pretend this tour is some sort of musical or artistic triumph is absurd.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #67
New Yorker

Have you seen it in person?
Old 07-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #68
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Quote:
I cannot and would not claim my life is better than yours. So how about we stop trading insults, I have been complicit as well so I am done with that.

However, for my money I maintain this tour is a bore and the setlists are terrible (not just static which we expect from this band but simply poor choices). JT30 was and is designed to both put off the new record which they cannot seem to finish (no shock there) as well as serve their LN contract. No dishonor in either of those things individually but to pretend this tour is some sort of musical or artistic triumph is absurd.

Well the album seems to be done according to recent activity, many folks enjoyed the tour, and I think it garnered some new interest; so the tour served some purpose.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #69
Blue Crack Distributor

Seven pages and no one has raised holy hell about "most laziest" in the thread title?

I AM CORI AND I AM HERE TO RAISE HOLY HELL
Old 07-28-2017, 09:12 PM   #70
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
Have you seen it in person?
Yes, Seattle. And hey, I enjoyed it so I'm not saying this whole thing is crap or anything. But by U2's very high standards, it falls well short of what this could have been.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #71
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well the album seems to be done according to recent activity, many folks enjoyed the tour, and I think it garnered some new interest; so the tour served some purpose.
You are correct on points 2 & 3 and I hope you're right about the new album.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:12 AM   #72
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post
I think the encore setlist missed a huge opportunity . A day without me , drowning man , 11 oclock tick toc , 40 , wired , indian summer sky , MLK surrender, walk on , Gloria etc , all the above could just be relevant and mix it up with BD, Elevation , Vertigo ( all of which have now been played to death ) . The fact they havent thrown in the odd curve ball for the hardcore fans who have been with them over the last 30 years , in the pissing rain , ducking the bottles full of piss shows just how disconnected they have become from fans / music itself .
A celebration!!!
Old 07-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #73
New Yorker

Quote:
Yes, Seattle. And hey, I enjoyed it so I'm not saying this whole thing is crap or anything. But by U2's very high standards, it falls well short of what this could have been.
So not quite a "bore" then..

What would interference be like without hyperbole eh
Old 07-29-2017, 02:37 AM   #74
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:33 AM
How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever

Quote:

:-) you enjoyed it :-)

Seattle is the show that got rave reviews aswell

On some of the other points you made in post above. I do totally agree that this tour has nothing to do with relevant songs etc etc it was a sweetener to keep livenation happy. Let's be honest here aswell I haven't read a review for any show lower then 4 stars, mainly all 5. So by in large it's kept everyone happy. For me twickenham 2 was arguably the best I've ever seen them
Old 07-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #75
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
hahahahahahahaha

Knock it off with the pissing contest already.