How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:15 PM
keep it classy you guys.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:31 AM   #47
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesd72 View Post
Really ? You reckon being disingenuous ( ask your mum what that big word means btw) is class ? Jez how bullied where you at school you pathetic sycophant , you probably need a wet flannel on the head and a dark room to take those words in ,if you ever can , child

Wow wow wow that really nose dived didn't it :-) how does one get so personal just because you didn't get the poster sarcasm :-) I found it quite funny myself

You obviously didn't get the sarcasm in the original post that I said was "class" must be the English in me. Us English love abit of sarcasm

To answer your post I wasn't bullied at school and I'm not a child I'm married with children. But I do like to think that I'm abit like Peter Pan and will never grow up so I'll take that thanks :-)

Old 07-27-2017, 02:42 AM   #48
New Yorker

How about a bit of spontaneity ?? Is this the most laziest tour ever

Right back to the original subject. What would everyone's setlist have been then?

Personally I loved the two shows I went to and would probably rank twickenham 2 right up there with the best ive ever seen them.

Setlist I'd go

1 Sunday Bloody Sunday
2 Gloria
3 I will follow
4 New Year's Day
5 pride
6 bad

7-17 Joshua tree

18 zoostation
19 even better then the real thing
20 one
21 beautiful day
22 little things

23vertigo

Something along them lines anyway, maybe switch I will follow and Gloria with out of control and electric co now and again and switch the achtung baby songs around with fly etc etc
Old 07-27-2017, 03:27 AM   #49
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:15 PM
This is what most live acts do though. It's quite rare that bands play different songs each night such as Bruce or Pearl Jam. We have been lucky during Vertigo and 360 but this is the norm that a band plays a regular setlist.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:56 AM   #50
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post

There was a thread recently where some people complained about the lack of energy throughout this tour, so many hardcore fans cried outrage when this came up and subsequently the thread was locked and deleted.

Um, no. Threads don't get closed for posters "crying outrage", and threads don't get deleted. But once again, nice try.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #51
Acrobat

In this tour I was not expecting a different setlist each night and in fact is very good the way it is.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:28 AM   #52
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainmaniac View Post
In this tour I was not expecting a different setlist each night and in fact is very good the way it is.

100% agree
Old 07-27-2017, 09:46 AM   #53
45:33

Local Time: 04:15 AM
FWIW - and I've been one of U2's biggest critics on this forum - I think the encore is terrific One sounds tremendous, Ultraviolet is one of their best songs, Beautiful Day has been reinvented, Little Things is great and ballsy, I Will Follow when it appears burns the house down.

Admittedly I was one of the lucky ones who got Bad in the encore (I imagine it loses a bit of punch coming in third) but it's so easy to bitch when you're not there.

And I think I can pretty safely say that had Ax's gig featured ASOH, his take would be entirely different.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #54
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainmaniac View Post
I expected little variation. But I also expected a better standard setlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
FWIW - and I've been one of U2's biggest critics on this forum - I think the encore is terrific One sounds tremendous, Ultraviolet is one of their best songs, Beautiful Day has been reinvented, Little Things is great and ballsy, I Will Follow when it appears burns the house down.
So what that Beautiful Day has been reinvented when it sounds like trash. Little Things isn't much. I Will Follow has been played so rarely as to barely be relevant. And UV can blow me.

Quote:
And I think I can pretty safely say that had Ax's gig featured ASOH, his take would be entirely different.
Mate I was bored shitless during the encore of London 1, 23 hours before the Great Crushing Disappointment.

And back in May, I think my excitement about ASOH, and my belief the setlist would shift and evolve (in its song inclusions as well as structure, since the encore seemed like such a work in progress), masked my broader disappointment with the setlist the band chose. I definitely remember thinking often "is this it?" and waiting for more songs to be rehearsed during those sessions in Vancouver, songs that never came. Specifically, my complaints focus on the following: there are not enough songs before JT, there should be a couple of Rattle and Hum songs after JT to end the main set with a bang, the encore should open with an in-your-face Achtung track, there are no JT b-sides not even Sweetest Thing, and where the sweet fuck is 40.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #55
War Child

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Um, no. Threads don't get closed for posters "crying outrage", and threads don't get deleted. But once again, nice try.
Thank you for your keen observation and attention to detail, BVS; it's highly appreciated.

By the way here's the thread I am mentioning: An Overlooked Reason As To Why Some Are Talking About "Low Energy"
Old 07-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #56
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
Thank you for your keen observation and attention to detail, BVS; it's highly appreciated.

By the way here's the thread I am mentioning: An Overlooked Reason As To Why Some Are Talking About "Low Energy"

See? Still here and closed for personal attacks.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #57
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I expected little variation. But I also expected a better standard setlist.

So what that Beautiful Day has been reinvented when it sounds like trash. Little Things isn't much. I Will Follow has been played so rarely as to barely be relevant. And UV can blow me.

Mate I was bored shitless during the encore of London 1, 23 hours before the Great Crushing Disappointment.

And back in May, I think my excitement about ASOH, and my belief the setlist would shift and evolve (in its song inclusions as well as structure, since the encore seemed like such a work in progress), masked my broader disappointment with the setlist the band chose. I definitely remember thinking often "is this it?" and waiting for more songs to be rehearsed during those sessions in Vancouver, songs that never came. Specifically, my complaints focus on the following: there are not enough songs before JT, there should be a couple of Rattle and Hum songs after JT to end the main set with a bang, the encore should open with an in-your-face Achtung track, there are no JT b-sides not even Sweetest Thing, and where the sweet fuck is 40.
Yep.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:37 AM   #58
The Fly

Local Time: 01:15 PM
I agree. I'm still pissed that they swapped out UV for Mysterious Ways. It was totally unexpected because that was the first show that Mysterious Ways was played. And UV is one of my favorite U2 songs, which made it even worse! The encore was enjoyable, as it was my first U2 show. However, it was pretty much just their biggest songs. I would have liked some sort of surprise thrown in there. I understand they have to please casual fans, but the hardcore fans need to be pleased to. We are the fans who follow them through thick and thin.

On the other hand, they DID play 6 little-played songs in a row (JT Side 2), so I can forgive them for the predictable encore. I just wish they would change up the setlist a bit more often. Perhaps throw in a surprise song or two on occasion that hasn't been played in awhile to please us hardcore fans.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:46 AM   #59
War Child

Someone suggested that Miss Sarajevo is a bit uninspired...if so, definitely my before long drive home pee break.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:41 AM   #60
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I can also bet that I have 15 times the social life that you do.

Also I work full-time in biotechnology media relations so I can write a hell of a lot better than you can.
Wow. 'Biotech media relatons". Very impressive.

Dude you have no idea what a hole you are digging. I'd stop now.