GA - paperless tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielle

The Fly
Is this the same thing they did for GA for the IE tour? If so, can someone explain how it works to me? I don't remember much as I didn't do GA that tour. I do recall people having issues because of losing their credit card or the card having to be changed due to fraud. Was there a resolution to that?

Does that mean there's no way to trade or gift GA to someone else if you are not there at the show?

Thanks!

Yes, same thing they did for the I&E tour. You get to the venue, hand them the card you bought the tickets with, and they swipe it in their hand held and print your ticket(more of a receipt by then) and you enter the building.

There were some that had issues with not having the original card on the day of the show or whatever, but normally customer service can handle it there. It would just cost a bit of time since you'd have to go straighten it out with a rep. As for trading or gifting.....no dice unless you're comfortable giving your credit card to the person going to the show.

I got floor for San Jose 2 and I had to cancel the credit card in between purchase and show. Called in to TM a few weeks before and they switched my ticket to the new card. No problems day of.

Question about lining up with paperless tickets/CC only.

Say I get to the venue at 6am. I bought 4 tickets. 3 friends are joining me but they may not get there until noon.

Are we all going to be able to go in together based on my place in line? Will people be cool about this?

Question about lining up with paperless tickets/CC only.

Say I get to the venue at 6am. I bought 4 tickets. 3 friends are joining me but they may not get there until noon.

Are we all going to be able to go in together based on my place in line? Will people be cool about this?

There is a strong possibility people won't be cool with it UNLESS you let your line neighbors know immediately and ask if it's ok. Bring coffee and donuts to share. Explain the situation. This has worked for me in the past when someone couldn't join the line until later. This has also worked when someone in front of me asked nicely. The more that are absent, the less likely the people behind you will tolerate it so definitely try to get one or two to be with you most of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

is it that time again? yea, it's that time again.

look... it isn't cool, regardless of the situation.

If you want to smell Bono's armpits, wait in line all day. if you can't do that? well, too bad. let the people who are willing to put the time in be there.

if part of your group can't? you've got a decision to make... what's more important, staying together or being close.

as long as the system is first come, first serve... then the system should be first come, first serve. and you should have to wait in line the entire time (with reasonable breaks for food, bathroom, etc).

nobody should be allowed to "hold spots"... be that some random group of people who are attending one show, or the line nazi's and their merry group of revelers who get to know the super secret location of the "list."

and to be honest... with stadium shows (and for that matter, the i/e tour as well), waiting in line is NOT that important. if you want to be FIRST FIRST FIRST? Yea, fine. Knock yourself out. but on 360 I could show up at 6pm and be inside the inner circle. on i/e i could walk in at 8pm and be directly behind someone with a double digit line number on their hand. the stage designs are such that you don't need to wait in line all day to be really close. you just don't.

so my advice to the person who wants their friend to come later? just come later. you'll still be able to be within 10-15 feet of SOME part of the stage, if history tells us anything. and you'll be able to rest and enjoy yourself as well, without going through the stress of waiting in line.

I do understand all of that. 100%. Have waited in lines for U2 for a bunch of shows. I couldn't stand the line nazis but also wasn't keen on groups of folks that arrived late but wanted to join up with friends.

I skipped the i+e tour though, and that was the first where they didn't give out hard tickets

if part of your group can't? you've got a decision to make... what's more important, staying together or being close

The complicating factor is they'll need my credit card to get in. I'd have no problem leaving them behind when it came time to enter the stadium, but that doesn't seem possible with this setup. That's why I was curious how it worked last time.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but with regards to general admission, is there going to be any separate areas on the field for GA, like and inner area near the stage and then then the rest of the field? If there is an inner area close to the stage that you have to arrive in to get close to the stage, then I could see lining up being a good idea. But if its just open field the whole way down then I don't see the point. Also, I'm not talking about the Red Zone and the tiny number of people that hug the stage and the catwalk and don't eat, drink, or go to the bathroom for 6 hours.
So, will there be anything like an inner circle, or the heart etc?

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but with regards to general admission, is there going to be any separate areas on the field for GA, like and inner area near the stage and then then the rest of the field? If there is an inner area close to the stage that you have to arrive in to get close to the stage, then I could see lining up being a good idea. But if its just open field the whole way down then I don't see the point. Also, I'm not talking about the Red Zone and the tiny number of people that hug the stage and the catwalk and don't eat, drink, or go to the bathroom for 6 hours.
So, will there be anything like an inner circle, or the heart etc?

I think the break in the crowd at 360 (inner circle/catwalk) and i+e (center staging) ultimately meant you didn't need to necessarily wait all day to get into an inner area/a few deep from rail. On the contrary, having a single open area surrounding a stage means you get there early for a close spot or are behind a lot more people. However, if the seating charts are to be believed, the Tree-stage (shut up, that's what I'm calling it) jutting out to the 40 or 50 yard line could provide a de-factor barrier. It's not worth being against the front rail for these stadium shows as the stage is fairly high.

360 catwalk rail was grand, though...

I think the break in the crowd at 360 (inner circle/catwalk) and i+e (center staging) ultimately meant you didn't need to necessarily wait all day to get into an inner area/a few deep from rail. On the contrary, having a single open area surrounding a stage means you get there early for a close spot or are behind a lot more people. However, if the seating charts are to be believed, the Tree-stage (shut up, that's what I'm calling it) jutting out to the 40 or 50 yard line could provide a de-factor barrier. It's not worth being against the front rail for these stadium shows as the stage is fairly high.

360 catwalk rail was grand, though...

The real benefit of the inner circle/heart etc. was that you could get into area that was close to the stage, get stamped and then come and go as you please, knowing you could always get back into the area close to the stage. It meant you did not have to "HOLD" a position for 6 hours, and could still get back to that area that was closer to the stage than most people on the field or floor. That was something worth waiting in line for. With a completely open field, as soon as you go to the bathroom, get something to drink, etc., when you come back to the field, your looking for a new spot and may not be able to get close to the stage again.

Wonder how there are so many GA tix on StubHub when the GA is paperless for this tour. I'm confused.

Well, the credit card is essentially your ticket. So maybe these are some type of pre-paid credit cards? Only problem is if they ask for your ID. If not, they will scan you on through.

Wonder how there are so many GA tix on StubHub when the GA is paperless for this tour. I'm confused.

It's paperless in some venues, but not all.
And brokers/scalpers know their way around the issue by using prepaid visa cards to buy tix that they then hand off to their customer.

Paperless GA

Just FYI at I&E in Chicago you were able to go to the ticket office outside of the venue (day of show) and they would print your GA ticket(s) when you handed them your credit card and ID. It made me feel better to have a physical ticket in my hand for GA entry. Not sure if they would do this at every venue but could be an option if you had a larger group going in at different times.

This might be a stupid question...but does anyone know if you are able to cancel/be refunded for the paperless ticket?

I'm looking at getting tickets but I have not yet locked in my travel plans.

Back
Top Bottom