GA - paperless tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I had a private jet and could leave immediately after GN'R then maybe :lol:

I could risk changing flights, but if anything happens with the flight then I could completely miss the U2 show :|

Ugh, damn paperless tickets.

I would try contacting Ticketmaster and ask them if they can cancel it as a courtesy. They have done this for me before - it probably helped my cause that I have spent a ton of money on their site over the years. Just be honest and say you got your dates mixed up. Worst they can do is say no.

It is possible though not 100% guaranteed you can cancel your TM order even weeks after you bought the tickets. My example for this tour is I didn't discover until after the fact I could buy Red Zone tickets with a Wire membership on the first day of the Red Hill presale. I settled for regular GA. The next week when U2 added the 2nd show at the Rose Bowl, I was able to get a Red Zone ticket for that show on the first day of presales. Not wanting to go to two shows at the wretched Rose Bowl, I called TM, talked to a live person explaining my situation and a couple days later they canceled my first show GA and refunded my money to my CC. This was my first time asking for a refund (without a show being cancelled or rescheduled) in 40 years of going to concerts.

The key to getting such a refund is, you have to convincingly explain that you the buyer either have some sort of medical issue (can't stand in tight crowds, an unexpected emergency for instance) and/or were somehow misled into buying unsatisfactory tickets due to an error in the TM listing such as the issue with everyone being able to buy Red Zone tickets during the presale as well as the likely fiasco with the $70 GA/Red Zone tickets probably being just GA tix. You can also dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company if all else fails.

TM usually doesn't ok the refund directly during the phone call, it goes to a review dept and you're notified either via email or phone after a several days. They will check your purchase history, if you have a history of cancellation and refund requests, it will not go in your favor. Plus, it takes about 5 days for the refund to process back to your CC.

A likely overseas travel issue as described is a solid reason to get a refund. But call TM soon, the longer you wait, the more your odds decrease they'll refund your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom