GA "Line" Shenanigans Part 2: You Just Made The List!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuck. I'm driving in. Can we start it at the first Tim Horton's across the border.... on the Canadian side?

Speaking of not being in the country, bitches............. :lol:

Maybe I should start it on the Canadian side of the Peace Bridge so you have to enter Canada and explain to Canadian Customs that you're coming across the border for 16 minutes to put your name on a list that's not really a line for a concert in Ohio..... :applaud:

Bringing this over from the previous thread to comment:

In the past, I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of set lists, drumsticks and guitar picks handed out at shows I've been to. One of the best feelings I can get at those things is when I get something that I already have from a prior show or earlier in the day, and then hand it off to someone else who didn't get anything.

Now, I'm not above keeping something if I really want it or if it's a different tour, etc. But after awhile, if it's just getting as much stuff as possible, it really doesn't do me any good unless I'm building a mini-museum or shrine of some sort.

THIS my friend is the way a U2 fan should act: One of the best feelings I can get at those things is when I get something that I already have from a prior show or earlier in the day, and then hand it off to someone else who didn't get anything.

COUGH COUGH. Someone gave me Edge's setlist from the East Lansing concert and I love her to bits. I also gave a guitar pick I got from a roadie in Nashville to a little girl who had an Edge sign (because she was his favouuuriiiiite - so cute) and MADE HER LIFE.

Absolutely correct and sad that certain people are too selfish to know how that feels. Kind of like being front row at a concert for the 80th time..... oh gee, did we start another thread?

Fuck. I'm driving in. Can we start it at the first Tim Horton's across the border.... on the Canadian side?

Speaking of not being in the country, bitches............. :lol:

Maybe I should start it on the Canadian side of the Peace Bridge so you have to enter Canada and explain to Canadian Customs that you're coming across the border for 16 minutes to put your name on a list that's not really a line for a concert in Ohio..... :applaud:

I believe we met briefly on I+E in Boston at the 2nd show. I was saying hello to Amy and you were next to her. Looking forward to hopefully more in person snark in Cleveland. :D

how can people be arsed to queue up at 4am a full 18 of hours before the show and then enjoy the show?

Just wanted to say this made me laugh out loud in the last thread.

domo-kun said:
At around 12:00 security ordered us to start making space and start standing "to make space" .
If eyebrows could make a sound it would have been a choir practice.

Don't lock yet. DON'T. LOCK. YET.

tenor.gif

Please proceed.

how can people be arsed to queue up at 4am a full 18 of hours before the show and then enjoy the show?
That's the definition of a hardcore fan, however most venues are not gonna allow you to start the queue at that time.

On a sidenote, we'll see how the next few shows here in the US play out as far as GA protocol is concerned. We already had a meltdown with the Boston show, another one coming imminently would be no surprise.

On a sidenote, we'll see how the next few shows here in the US play out as far as GA protocol is concerned. We already had a meltdown with the Boston show, another one coming imminently would be no surprise.

Honestly now that you've said that I think it will happen in Cleveland - it's a long weekend here in Canada (for some of us at least, since Canada Day is on a Saturday this year), it's the last show of the leg, and being on a weekend and driveable from a lot of places where the frequent flyer line runners are from... yeah. Anyone want to bet on the Cleveland line starting on or before tomorrow's show is over?

Honestly now that you've said that I think it will happen in Cleveland - it's a long weekend here in Canada (for some of us at least, since Canada Day is on a Saturday this year), it's the last show of the leg, and being on a weekend and driveable from a lot of places where the frequent flyer line runners are from... yeah. Anyone want to bet on the Cleveland line starting on or before tomorrow's show is over?

Drea like I announced on Twitter I started it at Tim Hortons in Niagara Falls. Don't worry - you're already #2. :wave:

First in line at Red Robin at patriots place. No one here. I'm going to get such a great GA spot! So excited for 2025.

Back
Top Bottom