GA "Line" Shenanigans Part 2: You Just Made The List!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw a sign for London 2 queue as I was coming out tonight. Not sure if it was serious or tongue in cheek?

And the main stage is so high, even if I was offered front rail I'd turn it down to save my neck and enjoy the screen. Ideal spot for me is about 10 rows back without having tall people in your sight line, which is what I managed turning up at 14:30 on the day.

Last edited:
And the main stage is so high, even if I was offered front rail I'd turn it down to save my neck and enjoy the screen. Ideal spot for me is about 10 rows back without having tall people in your sight line, which is what I managed turning up at 14:30 on the day.

This. Perfect spot.

19807622_10159029857900711_1979789410_o.png

19814312_10159029857790711_1932156102_o.png

Oops my finger slipped. Probably while I was jerking off.

I get more convinced every day that some of these people have mental disorders.

My neck was pretty cramped being at main stage. If I only had one show, I likely would have opted to stand back.

I was to the left of Edge's sound rig in Cleveland. Furthest I'd ever been from U2, but the most fun I'd ever had at a show. Being surrounded by great interferencers like trojanchick99, EdgeFest, and others certainly helped. :heart:

Last edited:
Saw a sign for London 2 queue as I was coming out tonight. Not sure if it was serious or tongue in cheek?

Exactly this.
I joined the GA queue London 1 at about 16.00 and worked my way in for Noel Gallagher about 10 rows from the main
stage,wouldn't have wanted anything closer.

Last night I actually entered through the seating turnstiles at 16.30 when they opened thus bypassing the long GA queue.wandered along to pitch side and dawdled onto the floor.did the same as previous night,about 10 rows back right side.
Doesn't seem any point in lining up from 6am unless you need the barrier on the b stage,barrier on the main stage is surely too close.

Last edited:
I did GA on night 1 and got there about 6pm, ok it was tough to see when they're on the b stage at the start of the show but other than that it was fine, plus I didn't have to stand up for 6 hours!!

Exactly this.
Last night I actually entered through the seating turnstiles at 16.30 when they opened thus bypassing the long GA queue.wandered along to pitch side and dawdled onto the floor.did the same as previous night,about 10 rows back right side.
Doesn't seem any point in lining up from 6am unless you need the barrier on the b stage,barrier on the main stage is surely too close.

I did GA on night 1 and got there about 6pm, ok it was tough to see when they're on the b stage at the start of the show but other than that it was fine, plus I didn't have to stand up for 6 hours!!

This was pretty much me the second night in Chicago, after lining up for the first one. Other than yeah, facing their backsides on the b-stage for the first few songs, I got to enjoy TJT set 10+ rows back with a surprising amount of room around me. My best pictures were taken that night too (which is surprising, since I was at the b-stage rail towards the middle of the front the night before!).

Combine that with sleeping in, being able to shower and get some work done at Starbucks before the show, and it turned out pretty well that time. Might do something similar for Minneapolis in September, although I wouldn't rule out lining up again and hanging out with some familiar faces then.

Yep enjoyed London sights and pubs especially with the weather as it was.
Lining up you meet some great people but it's a long day especially if your attending multiple nights.
One question-it is not possible to stream video from the b stage to the wall at the start? Just a thought...

Last edited:
It's one thing queueing for a gold circle, another altogether when there isn't one.

The idea of extreme queuing for this tour does seem a completely redundant process.

There is no golden circle/pit and the stage looks crazy high from the rail so you are losing so much of the visual aspects.
But mainly because unlike Springsteen shows (where I have queued for the front rail on many occasions) there is virtually zero interaction between the band and the front rail fans.

At a Springsteen show both Bruce and the band spend a tonne of time right at the front on the three 'podiums'. There is a chance for fans there to high five, 'play the guitar' on Born To Run, get a song played via sign request etc.
All really cool stuff for fans and all worth queuing for.
Obviously, there is none of that going on, so I do wonder what the driver is.

Think it just routine for some people to spend a lot of time queuing for u2 concerts.

I got in twickenham around 5.15pm last night. Got bang on central to Bonos microphone and slap bang middle of the b stage. B stage wasn't far away either. Had a great spot.

I have to admit I did get there at 6am on Saturday and had a spot on the main stage. For me part of the whole thing is to have fun with fellow fans for the day and I met some great people who I wouldn't have got the chance to speak to if I'd rocked up just before the gates opened. Although if I got the chance to go to another show I'd probably be later just to get a different view

I didn't have any issue with the height of the stage and I'm only 5ft 8.

Mkay there is absolutely no reason for me to line up early this tour. Walked in around 6pm in Berlin and got a railspot on Adam's side. It was a bit far out (just off main stage, on the walkway there) but pretty damn good. Saw everything on the screens, plus the band properly and had Adam, Edge and Bono right in front of me a few times too. Only downside was I could only see Larry's head when they were on the B-stage, so I'll be heading there next show.

Mkay there is absolutely no reason for me to line up early this tour. Walked in around 6pm in Berlin and got a railspot on Adam's side. It was a bit far out (just off main stage, on the walkway there) but pretty damn good. Saw everything on the screens, plus the band properly and had Adam, Edge and Bono right in front of me a few times too. Only downside was I could only see Larry's head when they were on the B-stage, so I'll be heading there next show.

:up:

The rest of us only walked in just after 4pm after doors opening as well and were in the same spot. Crazy huh :wink: I don't mind being far down as I don't want to join in with the check in fuckery. :lol: A rail to lean on, being able to see the screen and band members wandering down = awesome for me. I'd only be able to see the Tree stage if I was in line forever due to being short as I wouldn't be able to see over the tall people in front of me if I wandered there. I think think you will be fine though if you head down there later in the day as you are taller than me :lol:

See you on SOE hopefully :hug:

The rest of us only walked in just after 4pm after doors opening as well and were in the same spot. Crazy huh :wink: I don't mind being far down as I don't want to join in with the check in fuckery. :lol: A rail to lean on, being able to see the screen and band members wandering down = awesome for me. I'd only be able to see the Tree stage if I was in line forever due to being short as I wouldn't be able to see over the tall people in front of me if I wandered there. I think think you will be fine though if you head down there later in the day as you are taller than me :lol:

Waste of two hours then! :wink:

Definitely need to hang out again next tour. :hug: Was good to see you again! I'm going to try to get nearer to the tree next gig.

Well, I'd post an amazing gif here, but the stupid app keeps adding extra url tags and it won't post.

Last edited:

We did get a great spot. :up: I was surprised we got rail because we walked in so late!

I hope Kat enjoyed it, as it didn't seem she was during the drowned rat phase... For the next 3 shows I'm going to try the tree as well, being short as you know, lol.

Oh so that's where you were! I was wondering where you guys ended up :)

Back
Top Bottom