Croke pitch 1& pitch 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I got pitch 2 tickets which is right by the stage. There appears to be a barrier on the pitch separating the pitch into two. Is this the only gig were theve done this? Do you think this is actually how it will be?

If it is like this i wonder why theve done it at croke but nowhere else?

I hope it is like this cause im guaranteed a good spot regardless of what time we turn up.

The only thing i can think of is theve done this so people think like i am about having a good spot regardless what time i turn up which stops people queuing up all day which in turn doesnt piss the locals off. The locals around croke park seem to be a moody bunch and if I remember right u2 had alot of hassle off them on the 360 tour.didnt they block the trucks in during a protest

I got pitch 2 tickets which is right by the stage. There appears to be a barrier on the pitch separating the pitch into two. Is this the only gig were theve done this? Do you think this is actually how it will be?

If it is like this i wonder why theve done it at croke but nowhere else?

I hope it is like this cause im guaranteed a good spot regardless of what time we turn up.

The only thing i can think of is theve done this so people think like i am about having a good spot regardless what time i turn up which stops people queuing up all day which in turn doesnt piss the locals off. The locals around croke park seem to be a moody bunch and if I remember right u2 had alot of hassle off them on the 360 tour.didnt they block the trucks in during a protest

Got Pitch 2 as well (which was a pain in the ass to get, because they had to validate my card with my national bank, and things got hot, haha. But it all worked out.

So, I do think the same...if there's indeed a difference between the two, I think is to stop people for queuing....

I was thinking it was to help with crowd control or to create a lane in the case of emergency for responders to get in but why then only at Croke?

Then I thought maybe they will have extra equipment in there including camera booms and such to record the show for a dvd?? But then I though why only one show at Croke then? You'd think they'd like to film at a venue where they are playing multiple nights.

This is definitely not the only gig they've done this to.

Just went onto the Croke Park facebook page and they do have videos of different shows. The Beyonce' show was also similarly divided into a Pitch 1 and 2.

This is definitely not the only gig they've done this to.

Just went onto the Croke Park facebook page and they do have videos of different shows. The Beyonce' show was also similarly divided into a Pitch 1 and 2.

Beyonce was golden circle and standing ,the golden circle was more expensive.

Coldplay were the first band to split the pitch up into equally priced areas,they have it divided 3 ways.

It's simple really, it's because the pitch at Croke Park is so much bigger than an ordinary soccer or rugby pitch at a normal stadium. The capacity on the pitch at Croke would be a good 5,000-10,000 more than an ordinary stadium, so probably a Health & Safety requirement. I've seen rugby games there and the rugby pitch when lined out still has about 15 yards to go to the edge of the GAA pitch, and the same at the goal ends. It is also the reason why Croke is so rubbish acoustically and visually for concerts. Even at top dollar and in the first few rows of the best seats in the nearest stand to the stage you are still miles away!

They may be trying to stop the gold circle queueing as well, it is in a residential area and I doubt the locals enjoy the disruption it brings too much!

It is also the reason why Croke is so rubbish acoustically and visually for concerts. Even at top dollar and in the first few rows of the best seats in the nearest stand to the stage you are still miles away!

Thats true but people still foolishly believe seeing U2 in Croke Park is the ultimate experience.

Its all a gimmick really ,Croke park is a horrible venue for concerts ,its just too big and the sound in the stands is brutal.
I had good seats in the upper tier for 360 there and the band were like ants.The sound was woeful.
The following night I was on the pitch but too far back so couldnt get a good view.

I was in the pit there for Vertigo but the clowns built the stage up on the terrace so as not to damage the pitch with the result Bono was miles above pitch level.
The residents were complaining about the sound levels so the volume was turned down.

Now they are splitting the pitch in half ,I wouldnt be surprised if its something to do with those pesky residents ,they are a joke.

Thats true but people still foolishly believe seeing U2 in Croke Park is the ultimate experience.

Its all a gimmick really ,Croke park is a horrible venue for concerts ,its just too big and the sound in the stands is brutal.

I had good seats in the upper tier for 360 there and the band were like ants.The sound was woeful.

The following night I was on the pitch but too far back so couldnt get a good view.

I was in the pit there for Vertigo but the clowns built the stage up on the terrace so as not to damage the pitch with the result Bono was miles above pitch level.

The residents were complaining about the sound levels so the volume was turned down.

Now they are splitting the pitch in half ,I wouldnt be surprised if its something to do with those pesky residents ,they are a joke.

When i went to the 360 gig at croke. I was right at the fromt but behind the inner circle. The gig was outstanding and it wasnt just the actual gig its the whole dublin experience. The place was u2 crazy,everywhere you went was u2 mad from bars to shops etc. Fans everywhere. It was a full u2 experience instead of just going to a concert.

I got the impression somehow that Ireland were relatively ambivalent about U2 compared to other places around the world.. maybe that's just from some of the tabloid stories I've stumbled on over the years.

I got the impression somehow that Ireland were relatively ambivalent about U2 compared to other places around the world.. maybe that's just from some of the tabloid stories I've stumbled on over the years.

I think most Irish people hold the band in high regard but Bonos preaching and the tax issue give people a rod to beat them with.

The gig was outstanding and it wasnt just the actual gig its the whole dublin experience. The place was u2 crazy,everywhere you went was u2 mad from bars to shops etc. Fans everywhere. It was a full u2 experience instead of just going to a concert.

Yes thats very true .
I like to soak up the atmosphere in the pubs around Temple bar,the Clarence etc.
Alot of bars have cover bands playing before the gigs too ,which is great to get people in the mood for later.

Yes thats very true .
I like to soak up the atmosphere in the pubs around Temple bar,the Clarence etc.
Alot of bars have cover bands playing before the gigs too ,which is great to get people in the mood for later.

I agree. For 360 the whole town was ablaze in U2 (save the neighborhood surrounding Croke). We walked from our hotel near St. Stephen's Green to the Guinness factory store, and at the bar atop it it was one big U2 party. All U2 tunes playing, absolutely packed. We stumbled back to the hotel, ended up in the park first, which was fortunate, as we were a bit unsure of our surroundings at first ;)

I tend to enjoy stadium shows to begin with...I much prefer the sound to the overly loud and distorted mess bouncing off the walls at arena shows and it just has more of a festival feel to it. At Dublin 3, when we had golden circle spots, we were at the very center, back part of the circle up against the inner railing. When they played Walk On and had all the One campaign people walking out and around and turned on all the lights to shine on crowd right before Edges part and "All that you fashion...." I turned around and looked at the crowd. It was chilling and amazing...a moment i'll never forget.

Back
Top Bottom