Credit Card AND ID for GA? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 09:48 AM
Credit Card AND ID for GA?

For those who have seen the show so far... are they just swiping your credit card for GA without checking ID or are they also checking IDs?

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:48 AM
No ID checked for me in Vancouver (seats) and Seattle (GA).

Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:48 AM
It's just the Card. In Santa Clara, I was #275 and already asked the question "You're gonna look at the wristband rather than the number on the hand, right?" Because the wristbands are venue specific, and once the line starts moving, one of the first few in the line will physically stand and co-ordinate with security checking both, but hopefully the wristband.

There's the wristband and hand number defense, and then there's the card swiping station, so have it holstered.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 10:48 AM
I'm new here, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. You can't purchase GA tickets through a third party since the initial purchase is on someone else's credit card? Thanks in advance
Old 05-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

People have found ways around it - someone could buy the tickets on a prepaid Visa gift card and then mail the card to the buyer. I'd be very wary of buying GA on the resale market, though.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:51 PM   #6
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
People have found ways around it - someone could buy the tickets on a prepaid Visa gift card and then mail the card to the buyer. I'd be very wary of buying GA on the resale market, though.

That's what I'm thinking. Thank you
Old 05-24-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM111er View Post

That's what I'm thinking. Thank you
There's a pretty good chance of a GA ticket drop for most venues, if not all. So keep your eyes open on ticketmaster in the weeks & days leading up to your show, & visit the forums (there's a ticket drop thread on here). As long as you don't have to travel a long way for the show, & have to organize flights & accommodation, this is the best way to go.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
There's a pretty good chance of a GA ticket drop for most venues, if not all. So keep your eyes open on ticketmaster in the weeks & days leading up to your show, & visit the forums (there's a ticket drop thread on here). As long as you don't have to travel a long way for the show, & have to organize flights & accommodation, this is the best way to go.
Thank you again. I'm thinking the Pittsburgh show but, maybe Cleveland.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #9
War Child

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Pittsburgh definitely still had some GA's very recently. Don't know about now. But I'd say both shows are lower demand than most, so if expect ticket drops of GA's. If you don't want to risk it you could buy a $35 seat, just to get in the stadium, & sell it on or give it to a friend if you come across a GA. But as it's a low demand show you could be stuck with that extra seat, & I think GA's will appear anyway.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Even if you have original hard paper tickets, you still need the credit card?
Old 05-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

If you have hard tickets, then the credit card isn't needed. If you are buying GA on secondary market and they are hard tickets, be wary - there's at least one venue that does have hard tickets for GA, but I would be suspicious, as that venue is the exception.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 08:48 AM
Gillette Stadium (Boston) is the only one I know of with hard tix for GA (no paperless)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #13
The Fly

Judging from all the tickets I see for sale by third parties for Pittsburgh, I believe ticket brokers have overestimated the value of tickets for this show. Further, I believe they will be dumping tickets at a fraction of the original value. In 2008 at the same venue, I got 6th row tickets the day of the show for the Stones and Pearl Jam. I paid half the original price. Am I crazy this can't be done for this show?
Old 05-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #14
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM111er View Post
Judging from all the tickets I see for sale by third parties for Pittsburgh, I believe ticket brokers have overestimated the value of tickets for this show. Further, I believe they will be dumping tickets at a fraction of the original value. In 2008 at the same venue, I got 6th row tickets the day of the show for the Stones and Pearl Jam. I paid half the original price. Am I crazy this can't be done for this show?
I pulled a fourth row floor Rolling Stone ticket on StubHub at half the original cost two days before a show. With that and ticket drops, you sort of are at the mercy of what's available, demand and what any potential drops might give you. But I haven't been checking ticket sites into the hours leading to a show on this tour, so I'm not sure what the specific demand is here.