Autograph and Photo Ops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsFoxy

The Fly
I've read where the band has been coming out to sign autographs when they arrive at the shows, but nothing about them coming out again after the show. Are they still doing this? I know its a crap shoot when they do, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.

I am trying to get my U2 Best of Helmut that I won in their contest signed. If I can't manage to catch the before, maybe I can after...

Let me know if they have been..thanks much.

Speaking from personal experiences on previous tour (not this one, as I haven't gone to the show yet), meeting / seeing them is easier before the show / when they arrive to do the sound check. After the show I think they mostly leave the venue pretty quickly.

Yeah, unless they are playing or staying in town another night (and even then), they are often out of the venue before most of the audience is!

Agreed, I've never heard about them signing after shows to be honest. Your best bet is soundcheck times, not sure what it is at this tour but on 360 and IE it was around 4pm.

In the later US shows on JT2017, the band didn't even soundcheck themselves. Crew did. Op, wonder why you're not getting PICked on.

Agreed, I've never heard about them signing after shows to be honest. Your best bet is soundcheck times, not sure what it is at this tour but on 360 and IE it was around 4pm.

I've seen Adam sign 4 times at night and Edge once on the past 2 tours. Only when they remain inside for an hour or two.

In the later US shows on JT2017, the band didn't even soundcheck themselves. Crew did. Op, wonder why you're not getting PICked on.

Not sure...should I be worried? ?

Thanks for the info folks. Back in the day they used to come out a lot. I will make sure I try to catch their arrival.

Meeting them after a show is very unlikely, they go straight to the cars.
I was at Twickenham 1 and the cars were getting lined up in a holding area before the show started. The vehicle pen was still a good walk from the stage that went across an area that was used by the public.
As soon the band came to the end of the show and left the stage, our seats were on the lower tier on the halfway line, we literally legged it to the area where the cars were just to try and get a glimpse. There was about 20 cars ready to go and were gone within 2 minutes of the band finishing.

Their exit plan is well organised!

Back
Top Bottom