Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius. :sad:

Man, when Bono started talking about touring Australia and New Zealand before One Tree Hill tonight, my heart skipped a beat. Alas, no tour hint - but he mentioned Michael Coppel was in attendance so let's hope it leads to something soon.

Mate, this is a fine reference to a great series of threads.

Mods, ignore laz.

Im confused???? What was mentioned about U2 touring australia and nz??? surely michael coppel meeting u2 is a good sign....???

Im confused???? What was mentioned about U2 touring australia and nz??? surely michael coppel meeting u2 is a good sign....???

Not much to really add to my first post in this thread. Bono reminisced about past tours and meeting Michael Coppel, gave Coppel a shout-out, and used it as a lead-in to the usual remarks about Greg Carroll.

No doubt Coppel is there to talk shop, but I doubt we can read too much more into this.

If you want to stay relevent somewhere I would recomend touring more than once every 7 years.

I just saw photos of Justin Bieber main-staging RDS Arena in Dublin. Where is the mind bleach?

Chances of JT30 look dead, with the third Sao Paulo date announced as the final one. They did use the hashtag #U2TheJoshuaTree2017, leading some to speculate that this show might be the last for 2017 but that there could be a #U2TheJoshuaTree2018, but that's pretty far-fetched. Not totally absurd, since the last JT single didn't come out until March 1988 - and, in Australia and New Zealand, that just so happened to be One Tree Hill (it was In God's Country in North America) - but I see little reason to enter into such hopes.

But Michael Coppel wasn't just in Philly for some cheesesteak.

Latest word (yesterday) from a member of U2's touring personel is that they are definitely coming here for SOE but unsure of what month.

But arenas? Or some wacky JT/EI hybrid to use the JT stadium stage but play more of an EI show?

Latest word (yesterday) from a member of U2's touring personel is that they are definitely coming here for SOE but unsure of what month.

Though perhaps the more pertinent news here is that they've definitely got plans to tour for SOE next year. Sounds like no long delays between the JT30 tour and E+I tour.

Didn't they switch between arenas and stadiums a few tours ago? Vertigo?

Yeah, between legs on Vertigo (two North American arena legs, three stadium legs for Europe, Latin America, The Pacific), but they've already said EI is an arena show and won't go into stadiums.

I think the demand is still there enough that they will play stadiums (if kind of helps that they haven't been this far south for the better part of a decade)

So you can probably bank on a Nov/Dec 2018 or Feb/March 2019 if it's gonna be stadiums. However an Arena tour would throw that theory out the window, pretty much opening the door for any month of the year...aside from maybe January.

by the time U2 make it to Australia, they'll probably be playing leagues clubs. And RSLs.

The Real Good Time U2 Tribute Show, Featuring All Of The Original Members Except The Ones Who've Died

I hope for arenas until I think how much it will cost to go to every show in Sydney/Melbourne.

are you calling it EI because asses are weird cunts who insist on doing everything backwards or have i been wrong this whole time?

large.jpg

looks like i+e to me :shrug:

Pretty sure the continuation of I+E was referred to by a band member in a recent interview as E+I, and the name just stuck.

Back
Top Bottom