Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given the current sets and mindset of the band, for the first time in my entire fandom, I'm not that upset.

I do hope they will come back here and I imagine the setlists would be pretty different, but yeah.

It will be woeful if they don't come but the real gut punch will be if they don't even acknowledge/apologise for skipping us for the third fucking tour straight. They seem to love leaving fans in the situation of not knowing if they are coming or not, until we are left to assume "guess they aren't". Bit of communication, guys!

Sent from my SM-G960F using U2 Interference mobile app

And 360 2011 was fairly different (by U2's standards, anyway) to 360 2010, so I'd call it 3.5 tours.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e-he-now-needs-for-every-u2-gig-37060584.html

Nail in the coffin...... No plans for next year.

“This is the end of a four-year cycle and we really have no plans going into next year. We have got to the point where this is a full stop at the end of this project. We’re looking at next year as being a year of regrouping” - Adam
I mean they could totally surprise us and announce something for between Dublin and the end of the year, but nah. I'm clutching at straws.

Given the current sets and mindset of the band, for the first time in my entire fandom, I'm not that upset.

I do hope they will come back here and I imagine the setlists would be pretty different, but yeah.

Yeah. I really have no desire to see this current set.

But I'm right proper mad that they have not seen fit to come here AT ALL in the past eight years while almost any comparable artist has. It's maddening. It will be their longest gap between tours of Australia since they first came here. Meanwhile they have done FIVE separate North American legs during 2011-18. Hell, this is the first time in the band's history we can even say that they've toured South America more extensively than Australia. And let's not forget they haven't been to Japan since 2006, or anywhere else in Asia EVER.

The only way they can really make this up to Australia is if they come here for Lovetown 30 in 2019.

I was just thinking the only way they make it up is if yeah they do a leg here where they visit five cities and they all get at least two shows, and they rehearse a roster of 40 or so songs covering all albums and the sets rotate. Fat fucking chance though.

Any word from you, thatsnotmypuppy?

In hindsight, they should have brought the JT 30 tour to Australia. They were in stadium mode already and it would have been simple to extend that tour.
It was a nobrainer, really. They would have sold out a few stadium gigs, made a shitload of cash and created goodwill amongst fans, ending the concert drought here. But SOE got in the way.
Instead we now miss out on their arena tour too because it's "too expensive".

Sent from my SM-G960F using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah. I really have no desire to see this current set.

But I'm right proper mad that they have not seen fit to come here AT ALL in the past eight years while almost any comparable artist has. It's maddening. It will be their longest gap between tours of Australia since they first came here. Meanwhile they have done FIVE separate North American legs during 2011-18. Hell, this is the first time in the band's history we can even say that they've toured South America more extensively than Australia. And let's not forget they haven't been to Japan since 2006, or anywhere else in Asia EVER.

The only way they can really make this up to Australia is if they come here for Lovetown 30 in 2019.

Its legit bullshit

That is definitely grade A bullshit. They should've taken the JT Tour all the way until the end of 2017 and hit Australia/NZ and a few Asian markets. Then release SOE in early 2018 and then continue the E&I Tour.

Just another questionable decision in a series of questionable decisions. There is no reason this current tour, or the I&E Tour, couldn't have been modified to play in stadiums, if that's what it took to got to Australia. They simply couldn't be arsed to go. Instead, it was a better idea to milk the US dry and play to arenas that weren't quite sold out.

Back
Top Bottom