Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Don't forget the arena in Christchurch!

I can't believe that the original Vertigo Tour plan was five shows at TSB in Wellington. That would've been fucking perfect, even if the venue itself is a hole - the smallest full-tour gigs since Point Depot in 1989.
I can't see LN going for Horncastle, which is tiny by international standards, when there's a proven indoor mini-stadium just down the road.

And Wellington is fucked. I haven't seen a gig at the caketin but reviews of the acoustics are scathing.

I can genuinely see them going for 2 Auckland shows and 2 in Dunedin.
Having said that, they have struggled to sell out both the second Auckland shows the last two tours - a heap of punters were there for Kanye and JayZ. In fact a bunch left before U2 even came on.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #107
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Arenas it is.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #108
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
I can't see LN going for Horncastle, which is tiny by international standards, when there's a proven indoor mini-stadium just down the road.

And Wellington is fucked. I haven't seen a gig at the caketin but reviews of the acoustics are scathing.

I can genuinely see them going for 2 Auckland shows and 2 in Dunedin.
Having said that, they have struggled to sell out both the second Auckland shows the last two tours - a heap of punters were there for Kanye and JayZ. In fact a bunch left before U2 even came on.
No, indeed. Now that Forsyth Barr is there I think most major international acts for the foreseeable future will be bypassing Christchurch for Dunedin.

I recall that in 2006 (once they changed the plan to stadiums) and 2010 the main reason Wellington didn't get a gig was because the Cake Tin had already filled its quota of gigs for the year.

1 gig in Auckland and 1 gig in Dunedin is probably the route they should take. Or if it's arenas, 2 in Auckland and 1 in Dunedin.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #109
45:33

With The Chills and The Bats opening?
Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #110
Vocal parasite

If it were The Chills, The Bats, and U2, the support act would be U2.

(In seriousness I wish I'd been old enough for the 1993 ZooTV shows with 3Ds supporting. That would've been wild.)

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #111
Refugee

Local Time: 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
If it were The Chills, The Bats, and U2, the support act would be U2.

(In seriousness I wish I'd been old enough for the 1993 ZooTV shows with 3Ds supporting. That would've been wild.)
Ha! They were terrible! It was largely the mixing but they were just a loud, indistinguishable sound. No one knew them. They appeared embarrassed to be there. Although Big Audio didn't go over a hell of a lot better...
Old 10-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #112
Vocal parasite

Mate I thought a loud, indistinguishable sound was the point of a 3Ds set!

(Though I suppose nobody really nailed that quite like Gordons and Bailter Space did.)

Gig pictures | Blog