Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They had no fucking problem going to stadiums on Vertigo for the markets that needed it, and if they really think playing inside the screen is that big a deal then they need their heads read.

If they weren't arseholes, they'd give us the JT Tour in stadiums.

Instead, we're going to get no tour because they don't want to be inconvenienced in a market they haven't played in nearly a fucking decade. Cunts.

Yeah, why DIDN'T we get the JT tour? Would have sold 3 x the tickets an e+I tour would, and would have slotted in quite nicely where that unnecessary extra US leg was.

Nah I don't buy that. They didn't need to do that extra US leg.

Taking that tour to South America and not crossing the Pacific was completely bonkers. They did end up butting against promo for SOE, but what they should've done was Australia, NZ, South America, not North and South America. Clearly the money was in whipping around secondary markets in the States rather than coming here.

What’s the weather like in Australia in September?

They probably should’ve taken the Joshua Tree Tour there instead of that unnecessary 2nd US leg. Granted, I went to one of those shows in Indianapolis, and it was awesome... but I’d have sacrificed it for the Aussies. I already went to the Cleveland show prior to that. Then all those 9 US cities could’ve been arena shows on this leg.

The weather wouldn't be a problem then unless winter hung around late. But stadium tours in September are borderline impossible, because you have the finals of the Aussie rules and the rugby league, both culminating on the last weekend of the month. Most stadiums where you would hold a concert are the same ones that will be occupied by sporting teams.

October is a good time to come here, after the footy but before the cricket.

I remember when Bono said at the end of the Perth gig lets try not make it 12 years before we next hook up....... Well it seems like it will be

Even Radiohead have been to Australia more recently than U2.

They did a whole fucking feature interview on 60 Minutes where whatshername was flown over to see them in concert and hang out backstage. They banged on about wanting to come here. They did an Aussie radio interview where they said they considered starting the tour here.

And still... nothing.

Even Radiohead have been to Australia more recently than U2.

They did a whole fucking feature interview on 60 Minutes where whatshername was flown over to see them in concert and hang out backstage. They banged on about wanting to come here. They did an Aussie radio interview where they said they considered starting the tour here.

And still... nothing.

Yep...... Although they did that SOI promo on 60 Minutes and that became nothing - although they never said anything about touring here

Actually imo, 'entitled' would be the US market. OMG, I might or might not see the guys play for the eleventh time in three years. Yeah.

As much as I love some of our fellow Americans, it's kind of a slap in the face to see them write "oh I should go see this tour, it might be the last time you never know"

To me 'it might be the last time' is one of those tautologies. Every time might be the last time, that was true twenty years ago. It's not a reason to go see a band at far below their peak. But yes, also the entitlement aspect.

Today might be the last day your pet pangolin brings you bad news about escaped prisoners, who knows!

As much as I love some of our fellow Americans, it's kind of a slap in the face to see them write "oh I should go see this tour, it might be the last time you never know"

Yeah. "If i miss this one, i'm sure they'll be in my home state again in 3 months time"

Eh. They're not coming here anytime soon, I really thought they should have made it out in November/December last year for JT 30, but I think because they scrapped together a completely unneccsary extra visit to North America, as well as visiting South America/Mexico crammed in before SoE release and "promotion" seriously, SoE's release probably cost us a visit in 2017. If it was released in 2018, I reckon we'd have gotten them for JT30.

Anyway, I have tickets for Dublin, However I am yet to purchase valium for the flight :)

I reckon Bono is Seymour in this clip. Edna is clearly the average Aussie U2 fan.

But what if... I were to play a U2 show in Australia and disguise it as an American show? Ohoho, delightfully devilish Bono...

I hope you're prepared for the unforgettable fire
Eurgh

Bon Jovi are playing the MCG in December of all venues. Didn't know they were popular enough still to justify playing such a large venue. Maybe someone from U2 will take notice if it's a success (I'm naturally assuming we'll hear nothing before then).

Wow, yeah, I didn't think Bon Jovi could play anything larger than AAMI. What, will the stage be halfway across the field?

Bon Jovi played Australia during December 2010, at the same time U2 was on the continent.

They also played there in 2013, and will again in 2018. So Bon Jovi will have toured there twice since U2 last played there. That's kinda pathetic on U2's part.

Just looked it up, Bruce Springsteen played Australia in 2013, 2014 and 2017, doing a mix of arenas and stadiums.

giphy.gif

Don't see why it's game over yet when a tour even in February/March next year could be announced in October. And of course if they're set on making arenas work then that sort of tour could be mid-2019.

But no, I don't think they're coming.

Don't see why it's game over yet when a tour even in February/March next year could be announced in October. And of course if they're set on making arenas work then that sort of tour could be mid-2019.

But no, I don't think they're coming.

I have a feeling once October comes and goes we are gonna be left scratching our heads :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom