Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #61
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
U2 and Live nation are looking regional - Aust/NZ/Asia etc - Live Nation have an Asian subsidiary and it's usually a bundle tour (like Madonna's Rebel Heart tour).

Sorry - just re-read my post and yeah it reads like Mildura is getting a show lol lol
Any word on arenas or stadiums?

Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #62
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Regional tour means beyond the five big capital cities, friggin'.

But the chances of U2 doing anywhere like Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Launceston, or Hobart seem impossibly remote.

Yes I’m well aware of that haha but there’s literally no chance they will play outside of the five cities.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:44 AM   #63
Vocal parasite

Quote:
U2 and Live nation are looking regional - Aust/NZ/Asia etc - Live Nation have an Asian subsidiary and it's usually a bundle tour (like Madonna's Rebel Heart tour).

Sorry - just re-read my post and yeah it reads like Mildura is getting a show lol lol

Ooh gotcha. So maybe more than just Japan for Asia? Would be about bloody time.

I still want that Wollongong show though.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:17 PM   #64
War Child

Local Time: 02:14 AM
If they do actually play a large Asian tour I'm guessing it will be all arenas or a mix. The Asian circuit is now full of decent, modern 12,000-20,000 seat arenas. Stadium wise though it's get a bit spottier. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and South Korea (along with the Japanese domes) have decent stadium infrastructure - however outside of them it's hit and miss. Some of the venues Coldplay toured were ridiculous - the plaza in from a train station in Taiwan...

Arena wise you have new modern arenas in Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Manila, Jakarta, Bangkok, KL, Singapore, New Delhi etc etc. as well as China and Japan.

I personally would lean towards stadium however the relative failure of Madonna's tour last year shocked the shit out of Live Nation. Thus they are pretty gun shy about stadiums unless it's a huge buzzy act - even Paul McCartney is playing the medium sized stadiums (bar Brisbane) and is playing arena dates in Sydney.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:26 AM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:14 PM
If U2 came to Toowoomba I might go.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Play fucking Canberra. Bigger acts have started coming, we are the nation’s capital with a population of approx 500k, and reasonably sized regional centres (Queanbeyan, Goulburn, Cooma) very close.we don’t have an arena big enough though. My trade off would be arenas in Syd/Melb, it a Canberra show
Old 10-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #67
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Play fucking Canberra. Bigger acts have started coming, we are the nation’s capital with a population of approx 500k, and reasonably sized regional centres (Queanbeyan, Goulburn, Cooma) very close.we don’t have an arena big enough though. My trade off would be arenas in Syd/Melb, it a Canberra show
I hear ya Dan!! i live in Sydney but grew up in Cootamundra - we now have a farm at collecter and all my family are in Goulburn / Canberra.

I think Canberra would be awesome for a U2 concert!!
Old 10-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #68
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:14 PM
I think Australia might be lucky and get arenas this time around.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #69

give us something, puppy
Old 10-09-2017, 03:02 AM   #70
War Child

Sorry guys - been flat out working on the presale for Pink - the next week or so is going to be bloody ridiculous - but good news is I'll get to have a chat with a contact tomorrow and will dig a bit deeper.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:20 AM   #71

How many shows will she do this time?
Old 10-09-2017, 04:55 AM   #72
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
How many shows will she do this time?
Initial routing suggests 6 Perth (2 on sale initially), 4 Adelaide (2 initially), 12-14 in Melbourne (4 initially), 10 Sydney (4 initially) and 6 Brisbane (2 initially).

No regional shows are planned at this time - no Canberra/Newcastle etc.

Current routing has a final Brisbane date (if needed) on August 28 as she is off to New Zealand for a run there. Of course beyond NZ she could come back for a second swing but it is being sold as a "Strictly Limited Run" this time (maxing out at up to 40 arena shows - down from 58 in 2009 and 46 in 2013).

Big change this tour - she has added VIP packages for the first time as well as A, B, C and D reserve price points (last time was just A and B reserves and no VIP) and some cities
(Sydney and Melbourne only at this point) will have 'concierge' seats where they will bring food and drink to your seat (like a Gold Class cinema).

LN and Pink are going to make a mint.

And I'm going to be balls deep in shit for the next fortnight.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:03 AM   #73

I cannot believe that she can pull that much. She's completely irrelevant. I don't get it. Ariana Grande is way more popular now and she only did two shows at RLA.

So there's no desire to break her own record?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #74
Acrobat

Quote:
Sorry guys - been flat out working on the presale for Pink - the next week or so is going to be bloody ridiculous - but good news is I'll get to have a chat with a contact tomorrow and will dig a bit deeper.

Sounds great! Cant wait to hear what you find out!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:19 AM   #75
Acrobat

Quote:
Initial routing suggests 6 Perth (2 on sale initially), 4 Adelaide (2 initially), 12-14 in Melbourne (4 initially), 10 Sydney (4 initially) and 6 Brisbane (2 initially).

No regional shows are planned at this time - no Canberra/Newcastle etc.

Current routing has a final Brisbane date (if needed) on August 28 as she is off to New Zealand for a run there. Of course beyond NZ she could come back for a second swing but it is being sold as a "Strictly Limited Run" this time (maxing out at up to 40 arena shows - down from 58 in 2009 and 46 in 2013).

Big change this tour - she has added VIP packages for the first time as well as A, B, C and D reserve price points (last time was just A and B reserves and no VIP) and some cities

(Sydney and Melbourne only at this point) will have 'concierge' seats where they will bring food and drink to your seat (like a Gold Class cinema).

LN and Pink are going to make a mint.

And I'm going to be balls deep in shit for the next fortnight.

Hope U2 do a shit tonne of arena shows like that but not all those categories and packages haha Concierge seats at a concert..... geeez