Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2017 - 2039 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2017, 12:06 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 06:58 PM
A poster on @U2 chatted to Larry in New York last week, asked about Australia and was told "we're working on it" and he loves Australia... mind you, Bono told me those EXACT words in October 2015 so...

Old 07-16-2017, 01:25 AM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 06:58 PM
Saw this on a Facebook page...
"I flew from Melbourne to see the JT show at Santa Clara and the 2 shows at the Rose Bowl. Unbelievable shows. Whilst in the GA line at Rose Bowl I spoke to one of the U2 tech team and he told me that we can expect to see the boys between Feb - April 18 indoors for the Experience tour. I saw 6 I and E shows at Madison and they were all amazing. If arena shows you can be guaranteed there will be a min of 6 each in Melb and Syd, 4 for Brisbane and Perth. Adelaide should get shows , but not sure whether their indoor arena can hold the hanging cage as per I and E tour."

Old 07-16-2017, 01:41 AM   #48
45:33

Local Time: 08:28 PM
I watched Fury Road last night and I think we can safely say the world will resemble that before we see the above coming true.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:52 AM   #49
New Yorker

Mustn't get my hopes up...
Old 07-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #50
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedVT View Post
Saw this on a Facebook page...
"I flew from Melbourne to see the JT show at Santa Clara and the 2 shows at the Rose Bowl. Unbelievable shows. Whilst in the GA line at Rose Bowl I spoke to one of the U2 tech team and he told me that we can expect to see the boys between Feb - April 18 indoors for the Experience tour. I saw 6 I and E shows at Madison and they were all amazing. If arena shows you can be guaranteed there will be a min of 6 each in Melb and Syd, 4 for Brisbane and Perth. Adelaide should get shows , but not sure whether their indoor arena can hold the hanging cage as per I and E tour."

I would be so down for that. Arenas with multiple shows like that will make up for now JT. Gotta say I wasnt that pluses on the US leg but they seem to be be fine form now.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I watched Fury Road last night and I think we can safely say the world will resemble that before we see the above coming true.

At least if that is the edge attached to that truck, his guitar will be on FIAAAH!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #52

We're fucked, hey.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:56 PM   #53
Vocal parasite

Oh of course.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:32 PM   #54
War Child

You know, I'm not one to usually complain but for fucks sake! I know Australia is a long way away from America/ Europe but are the Australian fans not important enough to U2?
I've been a bloody hardcore fan for over 20 years and only seen 3 seperate tours! I'm really losing my patience here.
And on another note (absolutely no offence to Americans) I'm so sick of hearing how Armerica is a great "idea" and blah blah blah. Australia is awesome too guys!

Anyways rant over
Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly80 View Post
You know, I'm not one to usually complain but for fucks sake! I know Australia is a long way away from America/ Europe but are the Australian fans not important enough to U2?
I've been a bloody hardcore fan for over 20 years and only seen 3 seperate tours! I'm really losing my patience here.
And on another note (absolutely no offence to Americans) I'm so sick of hearing how Armerica is a great "idea" and blah blah blah. Australia is awesome too guys!

Anyways rant over
Believe me, we Americans are also sick of Bono's America ass kissing. It seemed worst than normal at the Indianapolis show... I was almost embarrassed for him. I'm not sure what the deal was with the Innocence & Experience Tour, they should've swung down your way and done arenas. Edge himself said he was disappointed that they didn't do more shows on that tour.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:54 AM   #56
War Child

Had a chat this morning to a Live Nation rep regarding their upcoming Imagine Dragons tour (that the company I work for will be doing a sponsored presale for) - April was the plan however it may be later in the year (October). Apparently a larger scale regional tour is being offered and it makes more sense to do that all in one leg.

In other news Imagine Dragons is here in late April, P!NK is here in winter and Janet Jackson is firming up May dates.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:09 AM   #57

What, as in U2?!?

Interested to know what a "larger scale regional tour" is. Melb x3, Syd x3, Bris x2, Adel x2, Perth x2, I'm guessing. We fucking deserve it. But we won't get it.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:42 AM   #58
Vocal parasite

Regional tour means beyond the five big capital cities, friggin'.

But the chances of U2 doing anywhere like Darwin, Cairns, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Launceston, or Hobart seem impossibly remote.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:02 AM   #59
War Child

U2 and Live nation are looking regional - Aust/NZ/Asia etc - Live Nation have an Asian subsidiary and it's usually a bundle tour (like Madonna's Rebel Heart tour).

Sorry - just re-read my post and yeah it reads like Mildura is getting a show lol lol
Old 09-28-2017, 04:35 AM   #60
New Yorker

I'm first in line for Phillip Island. Check-in is at the pier at French Island every third Tuesday at 4am.