Any TJT songs on the experience and innocence tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Was thinking today will they completely ignore the Joshua tree songs on the new E&I tour? Maybe because theve toured the record they will retire the songs for this tour.

Can you imagine a u2 show now without streets?

Or Will we just get the big 3 or just steets and with or without you like we have on most shows. Bullet maybe?

Will we ever see exit ,gods country or any of the other rare Joshua tree tracks again?

Out of the tracks on the album I'd love streets, with or without you and exit to be played all the time.

Last edited:
Was thinking today will they completely ignore the Joshua tree songs on the new E&I tour? Maybe because theve toured the record they will retire the songs for this tour.

Can you imagine a u2 show now without streets?

Or Will we just get the big 3 or just steets and with or without you like we have on most shows. Bullet maybe?

Will we ever see exit ,gods country or any of the other rare Joshua tree tracks again?

Out of the tracks on the album I'd love streets, with or without you and exit to be played all the time.

Answers in order:

1) No

2) No

3) We'll see Streets. WOWY . . . . . probably.

4) No. Which is why I plan to hit one more show in September

Per your last comment . . well, like the song says, 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Answers in order:

1) No

2) No

3) We'll see Streets. WOWY . . . . . probably.

4) No. Which is why I plan to hit one more show in September

Per your last comment . . well, like the song says, 2 out of 3 ain't bad

I should have followed the courage of my conviction here. I really couldn't see room for JT songs on this tour. But I couldn't imagine them dumping Streets.

Congrats to U2 for having the courage to do this. Yes, I say courage. Because the casual fan might revolt to such a notion.

It sends a message: If you wanted JT, you should have come to the JT tour.

I wonder if the augmented reality is a precursor to a AB30 tour later?

Still don't think that one is happening though.

It sends a message: If you wanted JT, you should have come to the JT tour.

Hey St Louis, you should've come to the JT tour. Even though we cancelled on ya.

Hey Tulsa, you should've come to the JT tour. Even though we didn't come to your city, or even your state.

Ten bucks that a JT song returns at some point, and Tulsa and St Louis got screwed.

Hey St Louis, you should've come to the JT tour. Even though we cancelled on ya.

Hey Tulsa, you should've come to the JT tour. Even though we didn't come to your city, or even your state.

Ten bucks that a JT song returns at some point, and Tulsa and St Louis got screwed.

They got screwed because . .why? Because U2 didn't play Streets and WOWY?

They weren't going to get the entire JT album this tour. And the other songs have been regulars since forever.

I'd say them missing out on WOWY and Streets is hardly getting "screwed."

St Louis got screwed because of the protesters -- the LAST TOUR -- not this one.

Last edited:
I had my tongue in cheek there, a long history of describing such-and-such city as "getting screwed" for some relatively minor setlist change.

But I really did think they'd throw in a couple of JT songs for St Louis given the cancellation, and Tulsa is now the answer to a damn good trivia question of "what's the only North American city in which U2 have performed since 1987 where they have not played a single Joshua Tree song?" (This might expand to Newark and Uncasville by the end of the tour.)

Back
Top Bottom