An Overlooked Reason As To Why Some Are Talking About "Low Energy"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:

Lie. The sad fact is you attack everything I post because you're demented.

Bono not getting enough sleep is not an assumption. Learn the difference. He said it himself.

I guess "demented" is better than "grand bitch".

Anywho, like I said earlier, there are some things in your post I actually agree with, but I thought the whole "sleep" comment was ridiculous. I guess I could have left the "For fucks sake" out of it. That's fine. I stand by my comment as it seemed like the same kind of assumption you made with Larry not being on board. I don't know you though, you could be real nice in person. Hey, there's a chance I'm not demented too! Just throwing that out there. :)

I thought this thread was about not making assumptions (for some sick reason now). Neither of these things are even remotely true.

What a sad place this is these days...

I never said you were, I was airing a thought, and I'm open to being wrong. If you want you can air out your thoughts on me.

I'll even give you a freebie.

I never said you were, I was airing a thought, and I'm open to being wrong. If you want you can air out your thoughts on me.

I'll even give you a freebie.

Ah, it was a personal attack where you made a false assumption...not just a "thought".

Are you guys even serious?

As far as the freebie goes, I'll pass. I really just wanted to discuss U2...

Well for what it's worth:

A person might feel attacked when after they make a post where they try to share some thoughts and a response starts with, "for fucks sake".... not sure that makes a person feel all that welcome though perhaps it's not to the level of a "personal attack" or worse "cyber bullying"

This is a message board -- the line between fact, opinion, rumor, sourced rumor and so on can get pretty fuzzy in my opinion... not sure if a consensus opinion is anything but consensus opinion....for fucks's sake, sometimes there is occasional disagreement on what constitutes a "snippet" during a show, or so it seems..:wink:

Chill... out.

Final thought, sort of relevant here -- my buddy traveled to Seattle from Omaha... oddly one of his first comments was something like "Bono looked weary".... sample of one, others might not agree, just his opinion.

All this and I just read Twitter where Ax reports that last night was 21 songs and it's been quite some time since the song count was this low.... all of this seems to add up to something, not sure what.... hopefully the future gets a big kiss.

Thanks for the level-headed and reasonable approach. A friend of mine (who's not a big fan) joked that he reminds him of Darth Sidious when he takes off his glasses (due to the bags under his eyes). That simply cannot be the mark of a man who gets healthy sleep...

And yes, Bono seems weary. How could he not be? They've been "world beating" for decades and Bono is the type who wants to wrangle every inch of life out of his time on the planet. I respect the hell out of him for it but I just don't see the pace as sustainable as he gets older.

Here is where you're factually wrong:

I never said there was a consensus about the low energy. I said that "some people are talking about low energy".

I never said that U2 not being able to conjure the same energy was an absolute. I said it was generally the case. While perhaps not a fact, I would be hard-pressed to see how anyone who was watched as much live footage (or been to as many concerts) would disagree (if they were being honest).

Further, I'm not sure what the vague "2 areas" you mention are but Bono is a singer in a rock band. I'm speaking of the entire band and Bono's energy / passion when singing.

As far as not being able to get a good idea of the performances from video footage, I disagree entirely. While it is a different experience from actually being there (clearly), the performance is all there to see. If anything, one can get a more objective take watching video footage, IMO.

Finally, I have seen and heard well over 100 (erring on the side of caution) live performances of WOWY since they started playing it live.

Your last comment attempts to scapegoat me and say that low energy performances are somehow my fault for being tired of certain songs.

That about sums up your post. As one member (who it appears you guys ran off the boards
?) said...you're a "hammer in search of nails".

Your reply had nothing to do with honestly replying to the post. It was all about erroneously accusing me of making several assumptions that I (factually) did not make.

Then you put a cherry on top by blaming me for the band's performances.

At this point, I don't think you know any better.

The only thing in my post that could be called an assumption is that the band perform the songs with the most inspired and energetic way fresh off a new release. I don't really see how anyone who knows this band's history in concert could miss this...It's almost like saying reheated food tastes better than it did fresh but I'm sure some people here would argue that as well.

In any case, it's impossible to tell if they're even being honest as this board isn't about discussing U2.

It's become about disparaging people who aren't in the "gang".

I believe you misunderstood a few things. I wasn't speaking about YOU when talking about someone who listens to bootlegs, I was talking about the general you of hardcore fans vs other fans or more casual fans.

You did indeed say it was fact, and it was a big part of your original argument, it's one I don't agree with.

As for the rest of your post, you misunderstood some things and rest just isn't worth getting into.

But once again, thank you for the personal attacks, while falsely accusing me of doing that exact thing.

Step off your soapbox. You accused me of making several assumptions that I didn't even make. Let's deal with reality here. If you look at my first post, I never said there was a consensus. Do you really have to LIE in an attempt to make your point?

You actually labeled it a 'fact', seriously, what are you talking about?

Well it's actually an opinion, but don't let that stop you, Redhill Whining Clown.

You seem to think it's cool to just openly insult people you find annoying. It's not.

Redhill strikes me as the kind of Helen Lovejoy think of the children types, and they're probably a GA queue self installed organiser.

See above.

You got it, Grand Bitch.

The sad fact is you attack everything I post because you're demented.

And you just can't help but respond in kind. Not a good choice, considering you've already been temp banned once for this kind of thing. I'm not entirely unsympathetic to your complaints, but you certainly don't help matters for yourself with this kind of stuff.

And everyone else (Headache, mikal, BVS...) seems more than happy to turn every thread redhill engages in into a referendum on redhill's debate tactics.

This is getting really tiresome, folks. Put him on ignore if you can't resist getting into it with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom