2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are the chances of getting GA tickets with Wires group presale? Houston or Dallas venues

I think you should have a decent shot in Texas.
I'd think the NA markets with best chance sell out of GA during Red Hill presale are New York, Chicago, Toronto, Pasadena and maybe Foxborough.

They also might hold some GA back specifically for the Wires presale, no way to know though.

I'm having the same dilemma, though I'm the vertically challenged person (who has done the GA camping out for the rails thing quite a few times) but am planning to bring my 10-year-old daughters to their first U2 show this time -- and they're even shorter than I am! Do any of you know how to find out whether there is an age limit for GA? I can't find any info on Ticketmaster or U2.com.

Which venue? Croke park, for example, says no one under 14 or 16 without an adult. With adult, no limit generally.

There's no age limit, have seen kids in GA before.

Thanks. I have too, though I am nervous about doing GA with them. They'd have to hang in the line all day to get a shot at the rail -- the only way they'd really be able to see the show from the field. I'm finding myself wishing for a longer catwalk like they did for I&E -- that setup made for such a lovely, spacious GA experience!

Just remember, the ieTour had an average of 1800 people on the arena floor. These stadiums will cater to something like 8000 people on the field. Also, the stage flooring will be twice as high in a stadium setting. Getting close enough to the rail will create blocked views for the average person simply due to the stage's height. Personally, I'd take a 10 year old on a floor/field. But GA lines for rail positioning is not something I have any interest in putting either of my kids through. Good luck! :up:

what are the chances of getting GA tickets with Wires group presale? Houston or Dallas venues

You should be fine, as long as you get in right at the beginning. I did Boots level presale (the last) for 360 Dallas and got 4 GA, no problems. I did whatever the last level of presale was for I+E San Jose 1 and 2 and got GA as well.

Just remember, the ieTour had an average of 1800 people on the arena floor. These stadiums will cater to something like 8000 people on the field. Also, the stage flooring will be twice as high in a stadium setting. Getting close enough to the rail will create blocked views for the average person simply due to the stage's height. Personally, I'd take a 10 year old on a floor/field. But GA lines for rail positioning is not something I have any interest in putting either of my kids through. Good luck! :up:

How were the views at 360? I'm considering doing GA this time around but I was on the rail of the e-stage for i&e and couldn't see the band at all when they were on the main stage. If it's truly higher for a stadium I feel like I should be ok, but I'd hate to not see anything.

Oh, such good points about the # of people and the stage height!!! Thank you!!!

How were the views at 360? I'm considering doing GA this time around but I was on the rail of the e-stage for i&e and couldn't see the band at all when they were on the main stage. If it's truly higher for a stadium I feel like I should be ok, but I'd hate to not see anything.

If you're on the rail then you'll see very little, at 360 tour we stood at the back of the gold circle and that was fine, same with Vertigo tour. I was on the side rail by the red zone in Stockholm and had a great by view

I am planning to purchase 4 tickets in the presale for Foxboro. Would you say I could then buy a maximum of 6 separate tickets in the general sale? It's not 6 total tickets one billing address can buy, correct?

I am planning to purchase 4 tickets in the presale for Foxboro. Would you say I could then buy a maximum of 6 separate tickets in the general sale? It's not 6 total tickets one billing address can buy, correct?
Based on past tours, you'll only be able to buy 2 more on same Ticketmaster account/CC in general sale. Max 6 limit for the show, a TM rule not U2.com, but usually enforced.

If you're on the rail then you'll see very little, at 360 tour we stood at the back of the gold circle and that was fine, same with Vertigo tour. I was on the side rail by the red zone in Stockholm and had a great by view

This is true. I saw the 360 from inside the circle for two shows. First was front row right in front of Edge. While I could see a lot, if they were not towards the front of the stage, I couldn't see much (and I am 6'5"). For the second show I went to, my buddy and I went to the back row of the inner circle. That was amazing. Great line of sight and when they were on the circle, or on the bridges, we were super close. IE we were on the rail about 1/3 way back (could have been front row but this was where we wanted to be). To me that was the best location ever.

Depends on how tall you are. 5 deep is plenty if you're about 6'0" and if you're shorter than 5'8" you're probably not going to see much anyway. ;) I'm 5'11" and saw 360 from the back row of the inner circle. Had no problems with sight lines at all.

I've only been to a few stadium concerts, and I've always sat in the seating bowl. Could someone refresh my memory: Are there actual temporary seats put on the field in the GA area, or does everyone just stand the whole time? I expect most people stand up in the GA field for the whole show anyway, but are there physical seats for most of these stadium shows? (Seems like a dumb question, I know, but I've been struggling to get a definitive answer from context in this thread, and I haven't had much luck!)

If it matters, I plan to get tix to FedEx Field in DC. Thanks in advance!

I've only been to a few stadium concerts, and I've always sat in the seating bowl. Could someone refresh my memory: Are there actual temporary seats put on the field in the GA area, or does everyone just stand the whole time? I expect most people stand up in the GA field for the whole show anyway, but are there physical seats for most of these stadium shows? (Seems like a dumb question, I know, but I've been struggling to get a definitive answer from context in this thread, and I haven't had much luck!)

If it matters, I plan to get tix to FedEx Field in DC. Thanks in advance!
No seats! Unless something has changed, but don't see anything indicating it has.

kW33k1
Just hung up with Ticketmaster to try to get specific prices, not just a range. No dice. The guy said between the $35 tickets and $280 tickets, there will be 2-3 more price levels. But he didn't know (or was allowed to say) what those are. And he said the most expensive seats are the ones on the lower level (not floor), closest to the stage on both sides, before it starts curving.
kW33k1

This is for Pittsburgh. Planning on GA, but I could get shut out. I am also wicked short, so I want to keep my options open. But can't drop $280 plus fees.

Now that I am done typing I realize this probably isn't helpful or useful, but I need to have something to show for my time!

Last edited:
Stubhub is already selling tickets to the U2 shows. Does anyone know how this is this possible?

Stubhub is a resale market. The seller is obliged to give you a ticket, but isn't related to any box office sale. Someone who has connections can possess guarantees to a seat.

Just hung up with Ticketmaster to try to get specific prices, not just a range. No dice. The guy said between the $35 tickets and $280 tickets, there will be 2-3 more price levels. But he didn't know (or was allowed to say) what those are. And he said the most expensive seats are the ones on the lower level (not floor), closest to the stage on both sides, before it starts curving.
Well it seems that the ticket prices are only $5 higher than the i+e Tour, so it's most likely $35, $70, $100 and $280. But there seems to be one more price point before $280, so I can only assume it's somewhere in the $150-175 range.

Last edited:
Well it seems that the ticket prices are only $5 higher than the i+e Tour, so it's most likely $35, $70, $100 and $280. But there seems to be one more price point before $280, so I can only assume it's somewhere in the $150-175 range.
Thanks. I didn't know those figures. Helps a lot.

If the first show sells out quickly they will add a second show. Considering U2's history in Boston, a 2nd show is most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is where you can really get screwed as a U2 subscriber. You go for GA in the presale but none are available, so you settle for sub-par seats in the mid-tier price range. Then they add a second show, which would give you another chance of getting GA, but you've already used your presale code and you have to try in the general sale. With that being said, as a U2.com member in the past I managed to get GA tickets on the 360 tour for DC, Philly, and Baltimore and enjoyed all three of those shows from right outside the center of the circle. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No doubt in my mind that if you don't use your presale code for first shows, you can use them for second shows... but they may also send out a new code for second shows too right? I recall getting more than 1 code last tour during sales, but those were months apart I think.

Either way, just buy the seats you want. Don't panic. If you don't like your presale code seats, don't buy them. Try general sale.

But I think most of us will do just fine. I stand by there is no bad seat at a U2 show espeiclally if the seats have no seats.

Is U2.com supposed to be sending out presale codes to paid subscribers .... soon?

I may be mistaken, but I don't recall previous tours having less then 24 hours between presale code distribution and onsale time.

Is U2.com supposed to be sending out presale codes to paid subscribers .... soon?

I may be mistaken, but I don't recall previous tours having less then 24 hours between presale code distribution and onsale time.

Login to your account - the code will be there.

Season ticket holders of a football club who gain access to same seats in certain events?

Maybe, but I'm a Ravens season ticket holder and used their code to get decent seats when U2 played M&T Bank Stadium a few years ago... but I wasn't offered my same seats that I allegedly "own" (thanks to the farce that is the "Personal Seat License"!) for football games. I wish I had been...

Login to your account - the code will be there.

Hey! There it is, thanks!

(edit) I just realized they have me listed as a new subscriber, probably because I renew my subscription around the end of the year annually which just happens to have been less then 2 weeks ago. The only time I let it lapse was the gap between Vertigo/350 tours. That sucks because I doubt Red Zone seats will be left on Thursday for "Wire" newbs and I've been a subscriber dating back to the Popmart tour/Propaganda days.

Oh well, just have to try for the 'Shroom" or Tree or whatever goofy shape the pit's supposed to be this tour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom