2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  • SELECT LOCATIONS are Credit Card Entry ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry.
  • Credit Card Entry tickets for this event are NON TRANSFERABLE.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND MATCHING VALID PHOTO ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.
[/I]

I don't remember if they did it for some of the seats as well, but I know some acts that had CC-entry for some of their seats too (Springsteen, for example).

Hopefully they update the other city pages as well (only some are), and define what those "select locations" are.

Do I have a shot at ga with public on sale for the Boston show ??

Maybe, but you basically have to be lightning quick and trying for a single. Limited dates and 2 levels of presale means a tougher pull. Counterpoint: It's a stadium not an arena, so there are technically more available to begin with.

Red Zone priced at Eur 315 in Dublin so about $335 at a guess

Last edited:
Question about the presale codes: if my dad and I have the same billing address but two different memberships, can we still buy up to 4 tickets with our individual presale codes? Last tour they limited it to 2 tickets per billing address, so my dad and I were shit out of luck with trying to get tickets to the 2nd Vancouver show

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Also, for the Vancouver show, it says that the Red Hill presale and the Wires presale are at the same time, is that a glitch?

I thought I saw a rumor about 2 shows in Boston (Gillette) on 6/25 and 6/26, but only see 6/25 . . . any thoughts on whether a 2nd show will be added or am I delusional?

thanks!

I thought I saw a rumor about 2 shows in Boston (Gillette) on 6/25 and 6/26, but only see 6/25 . . . any thoughts on whether a 2nd show will be added or am I delusional?

thanks!

If the first show sells out quickly they will add a second show. Considering U2's history in Boston, a 2nd show is most likely.

If the first show sells out quickly they will add a second show. Considering U2's history in Boston, a 2nd show is most likely.

Ugh wish they added June 24

This is what I'm hoping - June 26th. Wonder if there will be presales for any added shows. I don't remember from past tours how they did that.

Maybe, but you basically have to be lightning quick and trying for a single. Limited dates and 2 levels of presale means a tougher pull. Counterpoint: It's a stadium not an arena, so there are technically more available to begin with.

You think I have a better shot joining the site I figure would end up at the bottom of the barrel and be in the same spot as the public being a new member!!

Other U2 tours, POP and 360, of course I got tickets right away, but I noticed that a week or so before, there's always a drop of tickets, usually good seats right before the show. Unlike arena which seemed to be sold out for 99% of the time, stadium tours tend to hold back whole sections of seats until right before the big dance.

Other U2 tours, POP and 360, of course I got tickets right away, but I noticed that a week or so before, there's always a drop of tickets, usually good seats right before the show. Unlike arena which seemed to be sold out for 99% of the time, stadium tours tend to hold back whole sections of seats until right before the big dance.
Which is why I don't plan on buying tickets on the day they go on sale, because 360º kept selling until the day of the show. However, I'm scared that they're going to sell out a little faster this time around.

You think I have a better shot joining the site I figure would end up at the bottom of the barrel and be in the same spot as the public being a new member!!

You will obviously be competing with far less buyers if you join and try during the second group presale. That said, there will be ticket drops as the show nears for anyone that gets shut out, and the "ticketless" requirement for GA ought to keep away many scalpers

You get the 2nd day presale, after everyone who is a current member. (Thursday)
If these shows were in arenas, I'd put your odds of GA at well below 0%.
In stadia, the chance is probably dependent upon which market, likely not very good in high demand markets, likely pretty decent in a lower demand market.
I'm assuming you want Vancouver. I think it being the opening show works against you. But since they are also hitting Seattle, there may be some GA left for day 2.

I did presale for IE and was in the second day (or last day or whatever) and got floor for SJ1 and SJ2. I was even a few minutes late to the presale (because I don't understand time zones - I was buying from Dallas).

Last edited:
I did GA twice on the last tour. The first one was for Chicago 1 in the pre-sale and I got a single ticket pretty easily. I think I was even able to pull up one for Chicago 2, which went on sale at the same time, and ultimately just went with the first show. And obviously, those were arena ones.

Later on, I got a second GA for Chicago 4 during the regular sale. It took 30-40 minutes of refreshing, but I did pull a single ticket for that one eventually as well. A bit more difficult, but I kept at it and got lucky, ultimately.

I suspect stadiums might make this a bit easier this time around. I know some cities like Winnipeg on 360 still had GA tickets available not long before the show. But obviously, if you're sure you want one, the earlier the better.

Which is why I don't plan on buying tickets on the day they go on sale, because 360º kept selling until the day of the show. However, I'm scared that they're going to sell out a little faster this time around.

That's possible - there are a third or so fewer seats on sale (no behind the stage seats) in most cases.

I called Ticketmaster and pitch standing are €76 excluding booking fee so I reckon maybe approx €82
The first presale opens in morning

me and my wife got premium VIP tickets at the I&E gig at 02 , basically meal before the show with drinks then seats in a decent enough section , cost about 450 quid each , I also had red zone tickets by chance , TBH i didnt feel you got your money worth VIP as we spent all show in the red zone and could of skipped the meal

I saw this on a friends FB page

This is from the U2.com site:

Tickets for U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 are on sale Monday, January 16th in Ireland, the UK and Europe and on Tuesday, January 17th in the US and Canada. Ticket prices start at €35.00 / £35.00 / $35.00 with general admission floor tickets at €70.00 / £70.00 / $70.00.

So, GA at €70.00 / £70.00 / $70.00.

You can buy four tickets on the presale - what's unclear is if you can split the allotment between different shows, you were able to in North America past tours and since all shows are through Ticketmaster this time I don't see why it would be different (hoping that is the case). Europe's a different story.

From the updated FAQ on U2.com:

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

Edit: and I see if I had gone to the next page in the thread you already found/posted this info.

Hey buddy - It's Hyland... it was around $300cad last tour. At least it means you don't need to line up until just a few hours before.

what are the chances of getting GA tickets with Wires group presale? Houston or Dallas venues

I've got the dilemma of wanting to take the vertically challenged wife and the soon to be 13 yr old son. Seats make more sense for them, but 3 good seats is gonna run me around 9 bills. That's not happening.
So probably gonna have to just do GA and hang outside the fray somewhere with a decent sightline.
If they do add a 2nd Foxboro show, I can go with a friend and try and get closer.

I'm having the same dilemma, though I'm the vertically challenged person (who has done the GA camping out for the rails thing quite a few times) but am planning to bring my 10-year-old daughters to their first U2 show this time -- and they're even shorter than I am! Do any of you know how to find out whether there is an age limit for GA? I can't find any info on Ticketmaster or U2.com.

Back
Top Bottom