2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TM is inconsistent, some venues have you add the presale code first, some do it once you have selected the seat section. In either case have the code copied and ready to paste before the sale window opens.

I was one that bought a RZ today with a wires code, as VIP tickets just needed ANY code, not just redhill code. This was for Houston, but other like Toronto said there were NONE even at 9 am sharp. I tried Dallas just minutes after I tried Houston and there were NO RZ in Dallas.

I have no idea if RZ will be available tomorrow, I guess we will try and report back here.

Thanks Vandesa - great that you were able to get at least one RZ - it's so worth it ;)

Does anyone know where the silver party package seats are located? Are they better than the $280 seats? What's the difference between price l level one and two tickets? I'm looking at tickets in East Rutherford

I want to get seats (not GA ) in sections near the stage . Am I safe not buying a U2 memebership and just waiting for public sale?

I did GA at U2 360 and hated it, so I'm all about seats now. I went on today with my presale code and the 100 section (closest to the field) is $280.00+ ~$35 fees/taxes, so $315. Since I would go with my wife, that would be $630.

On a personal note.....I love U2. Saw them 2x in 97, 1x in 01, 2x in 05, 1x in 09, 1x in 11 and 1x in 15. I like their 80s, 90's and 2000+ music....I really like them.

With this mini-tour, they will be playing 11 JT songs and then pepper in what I think will be 8-10 other 80s songs/b-sides. I like JT as much as the next fan and my favorite songs are Streets, With or Without You and Still Haven't found. All 3 of those songs I have heard at every concert I have been to and I will hear them going forward at future concerts. So, the question I am faced with is....is it worth $630(not including parking and gas) to hear 7 JT songs I have never/rarely heard live (BTBS I have heard at most concerts too) when I will be able to watch hear them on YouTube and we will likely get a BlueRay of the show anyway? For me the answer is NO and it's weird for me to even think this way because for every single previous tour, I didn't think twice about going.

The price is the number one reason ($280 base is ridiculous) add to that what I expect to be an over the top political themed concert and no thanks(yes, they are a politically outspoken band and I get that but I strongly feel this mini-tour is going to be OBNOXIOUSLY political).

To all that go, I hope it's an amazing time and they are in top form.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Just curious, what did you not like about it?

So it was MetLife Stadium and we got their 3 hours early. It was awesome, we were on the field there were not many people around and we were really close to the stage.

As time passed, it got really crowded and of course we had to stand the whole time. Once the show started we were packed in like sardines, there had to be 15k on the field and it was just too packed(it was July, so it was really hot too). It was also exhausting standing for essentially 5 hours, which for younger people might not be a big deal (I was 32). There were also people constantly edging forward and pushing their way in front of us all the time (one big dude was bombed and almost knocked me over and pushed his way to the front....security kicked him out though).

With seats, I stand the whole time (don't like "sitters") but I can sit down prior to U2 taking the stage and during intermissions and I can go get food or pee without having to be Jon Snow in the battle of Winterfell. I'm glad I did GA once though just for the experience but not again....unless they lessen the number of people they let on the field (360 Michigan looked spacious).

So it was MetLife Stadium and we got their 3 hours early. It was awesome, we were on the field there were not many people around and we were really close to the stage.

As time passed, it got really crowded and of course we had to stand the whole time. Once the show started we were packed in like sardines, there had to be 15k on the field and it was just too packed(it was July, so it was really hot too). It was also exhausting standing for essentially 5 hours, which for younger people might not be a big deal (I was 32). There were also people constantly edging forward and pushing their way in front of us all the time (one big dude was bombed and almost knocked me over and pushed his way to the front....security kicked him out though).

With seats, I stand the whole time (don't like "sitters") but I can sit down prior to U2 taking the stage and during intermissions and I can go get food or pee without having to be Jon Snow in the battle of Winterfell. I'm glad I did GA once though just for the experience but not again....unless they lessen the number of people they let on the field (360 Michigan looked spacious).

That's a show I bought tix to! It was so hot Bono took extra time laying down on the catwalk stage. My experiences on the floor for that tour were great, but I lucked out in terms of weather.

Thanks, I haven't come across anyone that scored RZ tickets in Toronto nor has anyone posted anything on craigslist. Fingers crossed for tomorrow

I scored 2 RZ for Toronto today, Red Hill group :D

It was also exhausting standing for essentially 5 hours, which for younger people might not be a big deal (I was 32).

To me, somebody that is 32 years is young. Still a baby, haha.

I was 40 during the 360 tour when I saw it at the Rose Bowl. Stood all day and night no problem. However, this tour I think I'm finally ready for seats as I'm nearing 50 (now that's starting to get old!)

With this mini-tour, they will be playing 11 JT songs and then pepper in what I think will be 8-10 other 80s songs/b-sides. I like JT as much as the next fan and my favorite songs are Streets, With or Without You and Still Haven't found. All 3 of those songs I have heard at every concert I have been to and I will hear them going forward at future concerts. So, the question I am faced with is....is it worth $630(not including parking and gas) to hear 7 JT songs I have never/rarely heard live (BTBS I have heard at most concerts too) when I will be able to watch hear them on YouTube and we will likely get a BlueRay of the show anyway? For me the answer is NO and it's weird for me to even think this way because for every single previous tour, I didn't think twice about going.

The price is the number one reason ($280 base is ridiculous) add to that what I expect to be an over the top political themed concert and no thanks(yes, they are a politically outspoken band and I get that but I strongly feel this mini-tour is going to be OBNOXIOUSLY political).

To all that go, I hope it's an amazing time and they are in top form.

It's funny....I'm a huge U2 fan, and I feel exactly the same. Although I'm intrigued with them playing the whole JT album, there's a reason why certain songs from an album don't make the cut to a live show.

I also agree with the political argument as well....I'm no fan of Trump, but that's the last thing I want to hear about when I'm @ a U2 show.

Anyways hoping to snag some tickets < $100 just to check this out. But I'm not crazily excited like I was for other U2 tours.

Last edited:
I am not quite as excited about this tour but still going. I make u2 shows a mini-vacation and my wife puts up with me. I bought tickets for Vancouver and Seattle today because I have never been to either city. I will enjoy the trip and u2 shows will be an added bonus.

I am pretty excited about the 2nd side of JT.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Give me Side B please!!! That's 6 songs that I have never seen them play before. Feels like a new album tour to me really. And these 6 are all killer too. Well, I might be overselling Trip here. But seriously, this is gold!

People freaking out at GA prices. I paid $87.55 each including fees and this is in Canadian dollars for the Toronto show. That amounts to about $50 US.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from the future.

The spanish ticketmaster site really sucked!
I had 2 GA and in next step tehy kicked me out. Nw sold out ...grrrr

I feel your pain. I was trying for Amsterdam and had the GA's and then got kicked out. Then I was sent to a page that said "so many people on ticketmaster today, hold on and we will put you in the queue" After 4 more minutes of waiting, the page loaded up, no GA's left but I did snag 2 tix in section 120.

Sure, triple the price but I didn't want to chance not getting two tickets. I then tried for a second set and there are only singles available. I will count this as a win.

Now on to plan a trip to Europe........

I feel your pain. I was trying for Amsterdam and had the GA's and then got kicked out. Then I was sent to a page that said "so many people on ticketmaster today, hold on and we will put you in the queue" After 4 more minutes of waiting, the page loaded up, no GA's left but I did snag 2 tix in section 120.

Sure, triple the price but I didn't want to chance not getting two tickets. I then tried for a second set and there are only singles available. I will count this as a win.

Now on to plan a trip to Europe........
Great !! Amsterdam is lovely ;-)

Once and a while GA tickets for Barceona pop up, but after selecting it says: "you are not allowed to select tickest in different zones"(which I did not do)...so I am crossing fingers it may still work out.

To me, somebody that is 32 years is young. Still a baby, haha.

I was 40 during the 360 tour when I saw it at the Rose Bowl. Stood all day and night no problem. However, this tour I think I'm finally ready for seats as I'm nearing 50 (now that's starting to get old!)

I'll be 45 for this tour and will be doing the overnight or all day shift for the 7th time.

BRING IT ON!!

Clearly it's a choice, and if you don't like GA then you don't like GA.

I was at the same show. Yes, it was very hot. Stayed in the parking lot, seated and enjoying ourselves until the opening act was finished. Ended up maybe 20 yards from the outter ramp. Plenty of room to move, and with a stage that size, a perfect view. And only about 20 minutes or so until U2 went on.

You don't have to be in the middle of the pack to enjoy GA. So if you really do want to go, and still be relatively close, I wouldn't necessarily rule out GA again. Just take a different approach.

What happens if you buy 4 tickets for a group of friends. Do you all need to enter the stadium at the same time so all four can be verified with your credit card and ID?

What happens if you buy 4 tickets for a group of friends. Do you all need to enter the stadium at the same time so all four can be verified with your credit card and ID?

According to the Website, Yes, you all need to enter at the same time.

This is what it says...
U2 in concert. Floor tickets are general admission standing room (no chair).
Some locations are CREDIT CARD ENTRY only; RESTRICTIONS APPLY, CREDIT CARD USED FOR PYMT AND ID REQD TO ENTER; TICKET IS NON TRANSFERABLE.

SELECT LOCATIONS are Credit Card Entry ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry.
Credit Card Entry tickets for this event are NON TRANSFERABLE.
At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND MATCHING VALID PHOTO ID.
Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

Last edited:
DrowningMan ... yep exactly the same problem here with Ticketmaster site ... not happy :(

Anyone having trouble with Ticketmaster? I've been on for about 15 minutes now and signed in with my presale code and everything and it keeps telling me "unable to process request, try again later"

You need to try a different browser. You're corrupted.

Pulling nothing but crap for Toronto.
Also getting the unable to process message on several attempts.

Back
Top Bottom