Vancouver #2 Setlist Party: Beat on the Brat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
With a baseball bat, oh yeah! :D

CFFVnz4UgAIf5CF.jpg

Hope everyone has recovered from their jet lag, injuries and hangovers - we're back for show #2!

Last night's show started at 8:15 PM PST and wrapped up at 10:35 PM PST. Expect similar start and end times for tonight's show. Keep an eye out for possible streams.

:wave:

Hmm...
Marsha Lederman
@marshalederman

Vancouver filmmaker Patrick Stark has been bumped from tonight's @U2 show so the band can pay tribute to BB King who died Thurs. #U2ieTour

.@U2 of course sang When Love Comes to Town with BB King. The band is making arrangements to honor his memory in tonight's show. #U2ieTour
Why can't they do both?

Hey all! I'm going to try to join this party tonight, since I skipped last night's.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I had read articles about stark this week. Couldn't believe they were seriously going to let him sing

Supposedly they had taken him seriously when he said that Lanois and Lillywhite were in his documentary. Have to find the article to confirm that.

Supposedly they had taken him seriously when he said that Lanois and Lillywhite were in his documentary. Have to find the article to confirm that.
Local Vancouver filmmaker gets Bono’s OK to sing with U2
Stark, a 47-year-old Vancouver filmmaker, has spent the last six years and nearly $500,000 putting together a documentary called One Life No Regrets. The documentary explores extreme exposure to fear and Stark is using his own

Stark soon found himself standing at the head of a table, face-to-face with Bono, the Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr.

“Immediately, Bono was very kind ... and he stood up and shook my hand,” said Stark, who then launched into an explanation of his project.

“I said (former U2 producers) Steve Lillywhite was in the movie and so was Daniel Lanois — and that’s when they were really listening.”

Finally, Stark popped the big question: Could he sing on stage with the band this week, conquer his fear, and finally finish his long-standing documentary?

“Maybe a second after I said that, Bono said, ‘Sure’ as if it was the easiest thing in the world. He said, ‘What are you doing Friday night?’ ”

Stark told Bono that he already had a pair of tickets to the show.

“Then he said, ‘Friday night’s the night.’ ”

Stark then gave his contact information to one of U2’s assistants, bid the band farewell, and walked back to his friend waiting at the front of the restaurant.

“I got to pitch the band directly and the answer was ‘yes,’ ” Stark said.

The filmmaker hasn’t been given any details yet and acknowledged there’s very much still a chance the project may not pan out on Friday.

“I do have my (film) crew on standby and on Friday, I will be at the arena,” he said, noting everything else is out of his hands.

“There’s nothing else I can do, other than listen to more U2, read lyrics over and over again and that’s about it.

“I was like, ‘Oh my god. This is really going to happen and I have to face this now.’ ”
We shall see if it's "impromptu".

Band's doing soundcheck now.

:hyper:

Full song would be epic. Sad reason to have it, but still....

The damage left on Edge was already done. Now we must keep an eye on either Larry or Adam (Adam especially) :shifty:

I will take good care of him. I promise. :yes:

U2 Three Chords retweeted
The Vancouverite ‏@thevanblog 44m44 minutes ago

@U2 tonight... follow me as I will be streaming live around 8 pm PDT on my periscope_tv account… https://instagram.com/p/2uO5ahL-Wx/

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I think 6 - though the band have talked up some big changes.

I will say I think IWF, Desire, M Ways, Sweetest Thing, and Pride will go out.

And in:

Based on rehearsal songs Electric Co, When Love Comes to Town, Angel of Harlem, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Miracle Drug

I think 6 - though the band have talked up some big changes.

I will say I think IWF, Desire, M Ways, Sweetest Thing, and Pride will go out.

And in:

Based on rehearsal songs Electric Co, When Love Comes to Town, Angel of Harlem, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Miracle Drug

That would be pretty awesome. I think
One
will return tonight.

I'll take the under, and please jebus tell me where I can place my bet

Yeah, I thought with BB's passing they might add a song, rather than replace one, but now I'm not so sure. I think there will be 5 (see above), WLCTT would be 6, and maybe California in for something else - giving a 50/50 on the 7th.

I'd curb it down to 5.5, but I think given the talk of variation that that is reasonable.

Fucking tease, Neil.

Neil McCormick
@neil_mccormick

U2 busy refining & recalibrating tonight's show. What is the betting on a rare outing for When Love Comes To Town? #U2ieTour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom