Toronto 2 Setlist Party - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #406
Refugee

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
<taps screen> Does this account still work?

Hi, guys! That was a pretty amazing experience. Thanks for the kind words. Post-tour depression is hitting me like a ton of bricks right now, sigh. I still can't really believe that happened... I hadn't played AoH in FOREVER, so I had a total "oh shit" moment when Bono asked if I could play it, haha. I forgot a few chords here and there, but I figure most people won't have noticed. AIWIY went much better, and I'm thrilled they let me play it.

Both Toronto shows were amazing: hearing Bad (a first for me) on night one was incredible, as was seeing Gabe, U2BROTHR and Co. doin' their thing with the lads (you guys were so awesome up there). I spent pretty much all of night two on the b-stage rail, but only because I was in shock. The plan was to move closer to the front after that set was over, but my brain basically stopped functioning at that point.

I know, right? I'm 28... I guess it's hard to see my gray hairs from that distance. I'm also thinking that people may have misinterpreted the reverse side of my sign (which basically said that playing guitar with them was a fifteen year dream of mine -- not the dream of a fifteen year old).

I was in Section 308 and I was tearing up watching you since I could only imagine being in your shoes. Nice job improvising some dancing during MW too. I was amazed at how you kept your composure and stuck to the plan of playing AIWIY after AOH. Something to remember for a lifetime and like others have said, the band is paying attention to requests. Time for us to request the full return of Mofo, Please and Dischotheque. I think Exit would fit in nice to the darkness of RBW and SBS or throw it in after inserting Sleep Like A Baby. Still lots of tour left to play around with.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 07-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #407
Refugee

Can't believe I missed Ballroom due to technical difficulties of all things, too bad they just didn't go acoustic, but getting Shine Like Stars during WOWY pretty much made up for it. Unbelievable couple nights and can't wait to see what the schedule looks like for next year since these were my only 2 shows for this year.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #408
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Hey, GibsonGirl remembered her login!

Old 07-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #409
Refugee

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
<taps screen> Does this account still work?

Hi, guys! That was a pretty amazing experience. Thanks for the kind words. Post-tour depression is hitting me like a ton of bricks right now, sigh. I still can't really believe that happened... I hadn't played AoH in FOREVER, so I had a total "oh shit" moment when Bono asked if I could play it, haha. I forgot a few chords here and there, but I figure most people won't have noticed. AIWIY went much better, and I'm thrilled they let me play it.

Both Toronto shows were amazing: hearing Bad (a first for me) on night one was incredible, as was seeing Gabe, U2BROTHR and Co. doin' their thing with the lads (you guys were so awesome up there). I spent pretty much all of night two on the b-stage rail, but only because I was in shock. The plan was to move closer to the front after that set was over, but my brain basically stopped functioning at that point.

I know, right? I'm 28... I guess it's hard to see my gray hairs from that distance. I'm also thinking that people may have misinterpreted the reverse side of my sign (which basically said that playing guitar with them was a fifteen year dream of mine -- not the dream of a fifteen year old).
It was the most lovely fan participation on stage. Usually people on stage are over the top, crazy, jumping like mad, etc. But Stephanie was just so cool, down to earth, like a fifth member of the band. Bravo!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post
looks like he gave the microphone to someone down in front.

could anybody tell if the voice changed during the song?
Yep, he gave it to my friend Joe to sing two verses of Angel of Harlem. Joey had asked him earlier in the day if he could sing that song. He also used to be a singer in a U2 tribute band in Toronto lol
Old 07-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #411
Refugee

I know this is a wee bit after the fact, but did we ever figure out the exact bongolese during Shine Like Stars? It sounds like he ends the 2nd pass with Satellite of Love, but I'm not sure.