Toronto 2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's when I got a little verklempt.

Agreed, so great at the end. I just watched that video again and another part I loved is when B goes into the big "All I want....", she is in the background with such a look of joy and awe on her face, mouthing the words- I think around the 3:42 mark. Friggin classic U2 fandom right there.....Wow, these 2 TO shows had some moments!

Agreed, so great at the end. I just watched that video again and another part I loved is when B goes into the big "All I want....", she is in the background with such a look of joy and awe on her face, mouthing the words- I think around the 3:42 mark. Friggin classic U2 fandom right there.....Wow, these 2 TO shows had some moments!

:yes::applaud::up:

Please, oh please, if any other Interference members get on stage, as soon as you get the guitar just start playing the intro to In A Little While. I'll love you forever. :lol:

It was so cool to watch, good for her!! I don't think I've ever met her or seen pictures, and I didn't line up yesterday, so I didn't know it was her until I checked this thread after. :) Interferencers are making out like bandits, this tour. :up:

<taps screen> Does this account still work?

Hi, guys! That was a pretty amazing experience. Thanks for the kind words. Post-tour depression is hitting me like a ton of bricks right now, sigh. I still can't really believe that happened... I hadn't played AoH in FOREVER, so I had a total "oh shit" moment when Bono asked if I could play it, haha. I forgot a few chords here and there, but I figure most people won't have noticed. AIWIY went much better, and I'm thrilled they let me play it.

Both Toronto shows were amazing: hearing Bad (a first for me) on night one was incredible, as was seeing Gabe, U2BROTHR and Co. doin' their thing with the lads (you guys were so awesome up there). I spent pretty much all of night two on the b-stage rail, but only because I was in shock. The plan was to move closer to the front after that set was over, but my brain basically stopped functioning at that point.

I like how many people are assuming GG is in her teens. Even the RS article is implying that. Considering when she signed up here, my guess is she's got to be in her late 20s by now, maybe 30. :lol: We're all getting old.

I know, right? I'm 28... I guess it's hard to see my gray hairs from that distance. I'm also thinking that people may have misinterpreted the reverse side of my sign (which basically said that playing guitar with them was a fifteen year dream of mine -- not the dream of a fifteen year old).

Hi, guys! That was a pretty amazing experience. Thanks for the kind words. Post-tour depression is hitting me like a ton of bricks right now, sigh. I still can't really believe that happened... I hadn't played AoH in FOREVER, so I had a total "oh shit" moment when Bono asked if I could play it, haha. I forgot a few chords here and there, but I figure most people won't have noticed. AIWIY went much better, and I'm thrilled they let me play it.

Both Toronto shows were amazing: hearing Bad (a first for me) on night one was incredible, as was seeing Gabe, U2BROTHR and Co. doin' their thing with the lads (you guys were so awesome up there). I spent pretty much all of night two on the b-stage rail, but only because I was in shock. The plan was to move closer to the front after that set was over, but my brain basically stopped functioning at that point.

I know, right? I'm 28... I guess it's hard to see my gray hairs from that distance. I'm also thinking that people may have misinterpreted the reverse side of my sign (which basically said that playing guitar with them was a fifteen year dream of mine -- not the dream of a fifteen year old).

You were incredible up there! Congratulations! Glad you dusted the ol' account too!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Congratulations - you did a great job! Here is my video of your performance. Afraid my hands aren't as steady as others that have posted but this is from the other side so maybe you will enjoy it. A few shots of the big screen as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iclQ87YBcsU&feature=youtu.be

GoldenGirl - can't even begin to say how awesome you were and how happy i am for you

Last edited:

Cool, Gibson girl, cool. I am really happy that there is this much crowd engagement in this tour

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I was in Section 308 and I was tearing up watching you since I could only imagine being in your shoes. Nice job improvising some dancing during MW too. I was amazed at how you kept your composure and stuck to the plan of playing AIWIY after AOH. Something to remember for a lifetime and like others have said, the band is paying attention to requests. Time for us to request the full return of Mofo, Please and Dischotheque. I think Exit would fit in nice to the darkness of RBW and SBS or throw it in after inserting Sleep Like A Baby. Still lots of tour left to play around with.

Can't believe I missed Ballroom due to technical difficulties of all things, too bad they just didn't go acoustic, but getting Shine Like Stars during WOWY pretty much made up for it. Unbelievable couple nights and can't wait to see what the schedule looks like for next year since these were my only 2 shows for this year.

It was the most lovely fan participation on stage. Usually people on stage are over the top, crazy, jumping like mad, etc. But Stephanie was just so cool, down to earth, like a fifth member of the band. Bravo! :applaud:

looks like he gave the microphone to someone down in front.

could anybody tell if the voice changed during the song?

Yep, he gave it to my friend Joe to sing two verses of Angel of Harlem. Joey had asked him earlier in the day if he could sing that song. He also used to be a singer in a U2 tribute band in Toronto lol

I know this is a wee bit after the fact, but did we ever figure out the exact bongolese during Shine Like Stars? It sounds like he ends the 2nd pass with Satellite of Love, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom