*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to whore out my site, but you can catch up on all rehearsal news through the articles there - I'm pretty sure it's the most extensive rehearsals news coverage (certainly I've covered a lot of things the likes of atu2 have chosen not to): U2gigs.com - U2 Innocence + Experience Tour news, pictures, reviews

Below are the songs confirmed to be rehearsed so far, as of 30 April - i.e. there is at least one report of somebody stating directly that they heard the song, not some vague unconfirmed comment about "everything from SOI".

New songs: California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles, Volcano.

Old songs: Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Mysterious Ways, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Electric Co., Until The End Of The World, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.

Hate to be negative, but it's kind of discouraging that it doesn't seem that they've rehearsed very many songs, especially if they're out talking about setlist diversity.
I'm really disappointed that Reach and Crystal Ballroom haven't been rehearsed, looks like it's unlikely that they'll be played early on.

Hate to be negative, but it's kind of discouraging that it doesn't seem that they've rehearsed very many songs, especially if they're out talking about setlist diversity.
I'm really disappointed that Reach and Crystal Ballroom haven't been rehearsed, looks like it's unlikely that they'll be played early on.

Let's be honest they aren't soft they know people can hear what's being rehearsed, and they can also rehearse in private, plus the good sources have told us more exciting things have been rehearsed but don't want to tell us

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Song for someone will appeal to the casuals massively live IMO sounds pretty good....shoot me now

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

34 songs is actually a pretty good amount to be rehearsed already. I was impressed with the length of the list. For comparison's sake, the last five tours (ZooTV to 360) have had 51-61 songs played live at least once across their entire duration. That includes random one-off covers too. So if U2 were do rehearse over forty songs now, that would be close to the total number of songs that have got a decent run over the course of any of their last five tours!

SFS sounds interesting - appears to be electric, but that could just be the reverb from the recording.

EDIT - by electric I mean the intro, obvs the rest is.

I didn't think to record it myself, obviously, and at the end YouTube did that thing where it jumps to another video automatically (I hate that), and by the time I clicked back, it had been set to private. Ugh.

In the Song For Someone description, the uploader promises the SBS clip, so I wonder if they will re-up it publicly soon? It's really interesting.

Yeah, I haven't seen anybody explicitly post "I heard This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now rehearsed today", just generic posts about "they've done basically everything from SOI". I'm not marking down a song as rehearsed until it's mentioned by name.

One of the first days of rehearsals it was reported by someone that they were told everything from the new album except The Troubles had been played.

One of the first days of rehearsals it was reported by someone that they were told everything from the new album except The Troubles had been played.

Yeah, that's one of the comments I was alluding to. That's not firm enough confirmation for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom