*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New clip

Description: @U2 reader Stephen K. sent us a short audio clip that he recorded with his iPhone out in the parking lot on Monday, along with a few photos of the scene at Pacific Coliseum. We've done our best to boost the audio levels and put it all together

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWsLg25d3A

Awesome. Finally some real rehearsal stuff. Stoked that Invisible is still kicking around

New clip

Description: @U2 reader Stephen K. sent us a short audio clip that he recorded with his iPhone out in the parking lot on Monday, along with a few photos of the scene at Pacific Coliseum. We've done our best to boost the audio levels and put it all together

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWsLg25d3A

That... still sounds like a studio version

The full Invisible rehearsal definitely isn't the studio version. It might be prerecorded, but the vocal is different.

Well, I guess by the morning of May 15, everyone will be able to watch the entire concert on youtube, as multiple people at the show will likely film the entire thing and upload it to youtube. Its so different from 25 years ago where you would wait for weeks for the first bootleg to show up in a record store or made available my friends and other fans being physically passed to each other on audio cassette or CD.

Well, I guess by the morning of May 15, everyone will be able to watch the entire concert on youtube, as multiple people at the show will likely film the entire thing and upload it to youtube. Its so different from 25 years ago where you would wait for weeks for the first bootleg to show up in a record store or made available my friends and other fans being physically passed to each other on audio cassette or CD.

Hell, last tour we had people at the show streaming live audio most nights, even some rare live video at times. Sure, the sound wasnt perfect (hi, underwater feeds! :wave: ) but it was still fun to have rather than just rely on people texting/tweeting the set as it happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

The full Invisible rehearsal definitely isn't the studio version. It might be prerecorded, but the vocal is different.

The xylophones on that track made me think it was a recorded sound check from Fallon. Just a guess of course, but they did play and rehearse with the percussion section of the Rutgers Marching Band, xylophones and all, so it's an educated guess.

:lol: Well, if the chances of him playing guitar are slim, he can't do much.

I honestly think that "I may never play guitar again" bit was partially Bono being his usual overdramatic self and partially the reaction of a man on intense painkillers shortly after the accident. He wrote that "letter" or whatever you want to call it for New Year's. Parts of it were likely written in December, only a few weeks after the accident. This is now April. I'm sure Bono will be in fine shape for the tour, including his own special brand of guitar strumming. I'd have worried more if, say, EDGE had broken his arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone have confirmed sightings of band members in Vancouver besides the one of Bono in that bar/restaurant/whatever?

They are here. I ran into Dallas, whose travel plans who closely match the band.

They are in a mansion in a extra wealthy part of town as I predicted and they do about an hour of material a night at the Coliseum.

As long as they're on public property it's not stalking. So if they're waiting outside the hotel, it's ok!

Hotel staff know to kick out non-tenants from the lobby/driveway. When they stay at hotels themselves the entire floor may be locked off.

Bono/Edge/Adam have met respectuful fans waiting on public property outside hotels for decades.

I remember reading opening night setlists in Rolling Stone or local papers 20 years ago when reporting about major tours. Plus there WERE nightly updates from the ZooTV tour online for the precious few who were ahead of the game.

Not to mention, U2's crew has been in place for years. They work with the same people repeatedly. Because they can trust them. (And I'm betting there are confidentiality agreements signed. Anyone remember phones being confiscated during the Invisible video/commercial shoot?)

Apparently the non-disclosure agreements for this tour are even crazier than past tours.

This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Invisible
California
Volcano
Surrender/Seconds (snip)
NYD
TTTYAATW/AoH
Gone
Magnificent
Vertigo

---acoustic---
A Man and A Woman
Song for someone/love will tear us apart (snip)
Acrobat
Stay - full band
----

Raised by Wolves
Bad/troubles (snip)
The first time
WTSHNN

encore
crystal ballroom
joey ramone
bullet
two hearts beat
wowy

encore 2
so cruel
every breaking wave

My only major issue with this set is EBW being the last song when bono's voice would be much better served having it 30-60 minutes earlier in the set.

I somehow can't see A Man and a Woman lasting more than 10 shows fan reaction wise.

Crystal Ballroom breaks a pattern of a "b-side" getting regular rotation.

Whatever happened to the days of just going to a show not knowing what a band is going to play. Since these f'er's have so many songs that really is how it should be.

Nothing is stopping you from opting out of threads with "**SPOILERS**" written in the title. Standing in a GA line for hours may be hard not to hear spoilers, but just bring your U2iPod.

I'd say there is a 0.001% chance they take Beautiful Day out of the list and even less of a chance that both Beautiful Day and One are out. There's no way. Those are two of their top 3 hits the last 25 years. Those songs are going nowhere. If by some freakish twilight zone occurance they do ditch one of these songs I'd lean more towards One being the odd song out. There's no way they get rid of arguably their biggest hit(Beautiful Day) of this century. A song responsible for an entire generation of "new" U2 fans. We can saying "anything is possible" all we want it's not gonna happen.

Pride/One/B-Day/M-Ways don't need a month of rehearsals. They could work up all 4 of them in a 2 afternoons.

Shouldn't the fact that we've heard Beautiful Day coming out of rehearsals make this setlist moot?

That was the techs.

Surrender/Seconds would be cool but I don't see that happening.

I'd love to hear Two Hearts Beat As One though.
I definitely could see them closing the shows with Every Breaking Wave with the way they performed it on the promotional tour but I can't see So Cruel being in the final encore like that.

Vertigo and 360 had some real curveballs and even rarities late in the set.

25 songs, 6 or 7 seem like total long-shots, the rest are quite plausible, if not locks.

Curveballs need lots of rehearsals. Maybe fans get 3 curveballs on the "A" night and 3 different ones on the "B" night. Just like some past tours were toss up between Electric Co/Gloria in 2005 or Gone/Staring in 2001 or Redemption Song/Dirty Old Town in 1992.

IMO, 3 seems to be the nightly limits for "curveballs".

I have never agreed with you more.

Also, anyone notice that the "list" is 25 songs? U2 does 22-23 a night. (Axver, some input would be awesome here, you're one of the experts in the setlist field.) The band has REPEATEDLY said the tour is "pairs" of shows. So where the hell is the 2nd night setlist? More than likely this is either a very rough draft of songs that can be slipped into slots alongside guaranteed players (BD, One, MW, etc) with classics like Streets and WoWY on it to help visualize what would work in a certain slot (Bad/The First Time prior to Streets, for example). Or its a fake that is circulating and stirring up a bunch of hits for a site and "fame" for someone who as usual, refuses to name their source. We went through this before SoI was released, remember? And in the end, SoI was NOTHING like the fanbase expected, in terms of release or promotion.

the current setlist will evolve as they find groups of songs that fit together. Streets/Bullet/WOWY will need to find other songs that transition well.

It's all good fun friends.. let's just enjoy this period.. opt in / opt out as you wish but let's not get all stressy about possible set lists.. it's going to be a great year and I'm very excited :)

It's all good fun friends.. let's just enjoy this period.. opt in / opt out as you wish but let's not get all stressy about possible set lists.. it's going to be a great year and I'm very excited :)

Amen to that

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I somehow can't see A Man and a Woman lasting more than 10 shows fan reaction wise.

Why would you say that? It's one of the songs to have the greatest change in fan opinion, at least on Interference. Just check the Survivor results. It's gone from most hated song on HTDAAB back in the mid-2000s, to making the finals in the last edition during 360. When it was played live at the Decade of Difference concert in 2011, it was well received.

Why would you say that? It's one of the songs to have the greatest change in fan opinion, at least on Interference. Just check the Survivor results. It's gone from most hated song on HTDAAB back in the mid-2000s, to making the finals in the last edition during 360. When it was played live at the Decade of Difference concert in 2011, it was well received.

I was echoing the sentiments of the song around the time of release. Totally forget 2 of them played it. Still curious how the song would go down if people argue it should have gone to another old song or even a new album track.

I'm just very excited I'm going to get to see them - FINALLY - I've been a fan for almost the same amount of time it took for them to get around to playing "Scarlet" again - and I reckon because I'm off to London 3 & 4 they'll have ironed out the problems or duds in the setlist and I'll get a good load of stuff from the mid-80s - mid-90s :drool:

vancouver (non) update And Larry sighting

I was at the Coliseum grounds last night ... All quiet on the Western front so to speak. No sound but a few people milling about outside.

On another note, Larry was with Bono and Gavin Friday on Saturday night. I chatted briefly with Larry and his assistant... Bono had left the bar by the time I got up the courage to talk to them. Did not ask for show details, just welcomed them. :doh:

I am getting excited... Going to both shows here:applaud:

Larry was with Bono and Gavin Friday on Saturday night. I chatted briefly with Larry and his assistant... Bono had left the bar by the time I got up the courage to talk to them. Did not ask for show details, just welcomed them. :doh:

You landed Larry; the giant white whale. Congrats.

You landed Larry; the giant white whale. Congrats.

You must be mixing up your band members

Photo-Shirtless-Bono-Beach-St-Bart.jpg

I was at the Coliseum grounds last night ... All quiet on the Western front so to speak. No sound but a few people milling about outside.

On another note, Larry was with Bono and Gavin Friday on Saturday night. I chatted briefly with Larry and his assistant... Bono had left the bar by the time I got up the courage to talk to them. Did not ask for show details, just welcomed them. :doh:

Damn! Perfect situation to ask about Battlestar! :angry::angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom