*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They write new songs all the time, yet they've only done "previews" at about 1% of the gigs even though they get played/jammed at soundcheck.

HMTMKMKM was a 3 years removed from theatrical release. Micheal Cohl has made claims about the Spiderman play would hit Europe and Vegas sometime in 2015 or 2016, but has been keeping a very low profile since the Jesus Christ Superstar US arena tour debacle in 2014. If Spiderman had any future as a musical U2 would certainly give one of the high quality upbeat soundtrack songs some attention on this tour.

With last tour seeing the most, and since this tour is the only tour of theirs ever billed as a two album tour one would expect it has the greatest chance.

What Batman and Spider-Man have to do with new material I'll never know.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

With last tour seeing the most, and since this tour is the only tour of theirs ever billed as a two album tour one would expect it has the greatest chance.

What Batman and Spider-Man have to do with new material I'll never know.

The lack of Spiderman songs strikes me as an indirect confirmation the play is dead and they want to wash their hands of it.

Boy Who Falls From the Sky is far too good of a song to just simply fall by the wayside. I think there is zero chance it's on SOE.

If Cohl is still trying to find Vegas/Europe venues to host the show, wouldn't u2 acknowledge be a huge boost in confidence for the project? This is the play Bono begged all his investor friends to help bankroll.

The lack of Spiderman songs strikes me as an indirect confirmation the play is dead and they want to wash their hands of it.

Boy Who Falls From the Sky is far too good of a song to just simply fall by the wayside. I think there is zero chance it's on SOE.

If Cohl is still trying to find Vegas/Europe venues to host the show, wouldn't u2 acknowledge be a huge boost in confidence for the project? This is the play Bono begged all his investor friends to help bankroll.

It was never U2's vehicle to promote. And of course a song about Spider-Man is going to be on SOE.

But man :lmao: props to the most bizarre tangent ever :up:

Except, what's the name of this tour?

They did the Batman song on Popmart & 360.

Has RTSS been heard since that first time, then? If OSC is seguing out of Bullet then I wonder if it's taking its place, since they never seem to play it anywhere else in the set. If they've rehearsed it again since the Bullet / OSC pairing though then it may rotate?

What I heard last night

Hi, I was at the Coliseum last night for a little while. Heard the following songs:

- Miracle Drug

They played these pretty much all the way through and one after another.

- Miracle of Joey R.
- Vertigo
- Elevation
- Out of Control
-California
- Iris
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For someone

They were still going when I left; could hear things clearly even when down by Hastings Park.

Rocko out having a smoke however did not stop to chat with him.

Security around however not hassling you if you keep a low profile.:up:

U2 haven't had GA the same price as the worst seats in the house in about a decade.

Neil(2008), Metallica and Bruce have all had modest priced GA. Acts like Foo/Pearl Jam/Phish have had fan friendly pricing for seats closest to the stage and have better track records with fan club ticket allocation. All 6 of these acts have NEVER charged $600 face value front row on a national tour.

You know what I mean though. Yes, they were not a cheap as those $30 dollar tickets of which there are so few, but in general the GA tickets offer the best spots and the lowest price or almost the lowest price.

Yes, but do those acts charge less for tickets on the floor than they do for tickets in the seated stands? Plus in this case, its a substantial reduction. People in GA at $65 dollars a ticket are closer to the stage than someone who paid $600 dollars to sit in a seat off the floor. Know any artist who repeats that disparity between floor and seated tickets?

Let's not forget the top-tier indie acts that will play 2,000-3,000 seat theaters at like $35-50 a pop - all General Admission.

That's what a top tier indie act is worth in the market. If they charged double that, they would probably have to move the show to a 700 capacity club instead of a 2,000 seat theater. People play the venues they do and charge the prices they do based on the level of demand for them.

To the people complaining about PM and nominating songs that would be better - can you just wait a minute and hear the thing before you make those judgements?

To the people complaining about PM and nominating songs that would be better - can you just wait a minute and hear the thing before you make those judgements?

:up: Amen! People always look for reasons to complain.
Personally, I'm stoked to hear OSC, PM, MD, Bullet, etc.

RTSS>>>>>>>>>OSC, live debut or not.

Hi, I was at the Coliseum last night for a little while. Heard the following songs:

- Miracle Drug

They played these pretty much all the way through and one after another.

- Miracle of Joey R.
- Vertigo
- Elevation
- Out of Control
-California
- Iris
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For someone

They were still going when I left; could hear things clearly even when down by Hastings Park.

Rocko out having a smoke however did not stop to chat with him.

Security around however not hassling you if you keep a low profile.:up:

Thanks for sharing!

How the new songs sound?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I sympathise with the people who find these deep cuts to be unusual choices when there are many other deep cuts that would be more widely recognised and have been desired by fans for years. But at the same time, yes, it's possible this could sound really great and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. :up:

am I right in thinking Boots hasn't been rehearsed yet?

Magnificent is all that's been rehearsed from NLOTH. Meanwhile four have been rehearsed from HTDAAB. I didn't see that coming.

I wonder, are U2 looking back on HTDAAB as their last "big" album, thanks to its first week sales numbers and the presence of Vertigo?

Magnificent's fucking miles ahead of Boots. I just hope Bono does less shouting over the intro and Edge's solo this time around.

I wonder, are U2 looking back on HTDAAB as their last "big" album, thanks to its first week sales numbers and the presence of Vertigo?

They certainly do look back on it as their last classic. Perhaps that's an inflated view because of all those Grammy wins...

But it wasn't just the first week sales and "Vertigo"...the album had three other actual hits around the planet that did fairly well outside of the US (and were even minor hits there). It was the last time U2 was able to write massive hit songs and songs that resonated with the general audience.

Are "One Step Closer" and "Miracle Drug" representative of that? Not exactly. But they are coming from an album that people in the stands are about ten times as likely to have actually owned and far more likely to have given multiple listens to. And hell, I'd put "Miracle Drug" in my own Top 50 as well - let's just hope there's no overlong spoken intro this time.

But it wasn't just the first week sales and "Vertigo"...the album had three other actual hits around the planet that did fairly well outside of the US (and were even minor hits there). It was the last time U2 was able to write massive hit songs and songs that resonated with the general audience.

I'm curious to know what these "three other actual hits" were, because you sure as shit only hear Vertigo now. Yes, SYCMIOYO somehow stumbled to #1 in the UK, but faded away really quickly. The other singles? Who now remembers All Because of You or Original of the Species? They left such an inconsequential mark that they didn't even make it to the end of the tour. OOTS struggled to hold a place in the set in the first place.

But they are coming from an album that people in the stands are about ten times as likely to have actually owned and far more likely to have given multiple listens to.

This is true.

But then, of course, people in the stands are even more likely to know JT and Achtung. I've said it before, but U2's reluctance to touch the deep cuts from those albums is weird. I bet you more people will recognise In God's Country, One Tree Hill, or Love Is Blindness than nearly anything from a whole bunch of albums!

City of Blinding Lights was another big hit in a lot of European countries. ABOY (single #4 outside of the US) was a step below the first three in terms of success, but is still pretty well known (especially in the US where it actually got rock airplay).

Original of the Species was a total flop, both artistically and commercially. Let's forget this weird Lennon-knock off ever existed.

There's no doubt that the songs from HTDAAB absolutely killed live. You had four catchy-ass singles and you had a live-stomper in "Love and Peace or Else"..."Miracle Drug" and even "Yahweh" both held their own nicely. The crowds on their last tour were pretty much indifferent to anything from NLOTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom