*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The size of this stage leads me to believe that the GA capacity will be even smaller than Elevation and Vertigo. Gold!

Nah... If you think back most arena's floors still had lots of room, plus Elevation and Vertigo had much bigger backstage areas and a control room. GA capacity are controlled by fire code, they had plenty of room on those tours to take up more real estate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The most interesting thing I thought to come from the article has not been talked about here... how the stage set-up works with where people want to stand.

It sounds like one part of the show will be performed on the I, while the other on the E.

I think what this means is that people have a choice whether they want front rail for one of two parts of the show. And that may, finally, make it easier to truly get the spot you want, close up.

The band has promised that before on every tour (Vertigo and Elevation;the tip was great but those people only got a handful of close-up experiences). But is this info is correct, it will finally allow for this.

Thoughts?

I'd be curious to see if this is true. I'm doing at least two GA shows, so I wouldn't mind changing it up from one 'letter' to the other if it meant a different experience each time.

I'd love to know how many GA's were sold for this layout vs the same arenas that they played for the Vertigo.

I thought I saw 2000 mentioned for one arena show, but I have no idea.

So is this it?

Mysterious Ways (full band /no extended slide solo)
Where The Streets Have No Name
Ordinary Love (acoustic)
Pride
Bad
Beautiful Day
Bullet The Blue Sky (87 Version)
City Of Blinding Lights
Desire (full band, electric)
Elevation
Even Better Than The Real Thing (not the 2011 version)
I Will Follow
Magnificent
One Step Closer
Playboy Mansion
Running To Stand Still
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Electric Co.
Until The End Of The World
With Or Without You
Invisible
The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
Every Breaking Wave (Strings?)
California (There Is No End to Love)
Song for Someone
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Volcano
Raised by Wolves
Cedarwood Road
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
The Troubles (Pre recorded Lykke Li vocals)
Miracle Drug
One (Strings?)

11193345_10154329164011959_8574499648965145694_n.jpg

What is with the red zone, all along one side? That is a lot of rail space for those that care.

Pics from a friend who has a source. Not clear if the OTHER side is red zone. Maybe just that side.

I suppose it makes sense if redzone gets both sides. I hated the way they were bunched up on 360. I would've been mad.

The most interesting thing I thought to come from the article has not been talked about here... how the stage set-up works with where people want to stand.

It sounds like one part of the show will be performed on the I, while the other on the E.

I think what this means is that people have a choice whether they want front rail for one of two parts of the show. And that may, finally, make it easier to truly get the spot you want, close up.

The band has promised that before on every tour (Vertigo and Elevation;the tip was great but those people only got a handful of close-up experiences). But is this info is correct, it will finally allow for this.

Thoughts?

The stage pics say otherwise. They're gonna use that walkway all night and play both the "i" and the "e". Especially as the sound system is up in the ceiling now (according to NY times article). They used the whole circle on the Claw so it stands to reason they're doing the same here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Well, I would disagree that they used the whole circle MUCH during 360. Majority of the concert still occurred on the main stage.

^^ That was my first thought. I hope they use that smaller stage. But I am not counting on it...

Did they use the outer ring much? Did they play 360 degrees much? Nope. It maybe just a b-stage at best or they split their time. What do you think is more likely?

Did they use the outer ring much? Did they play 360 degrees much? Nope. It maybe just a b-stage at best or they split their time. What do you think is more likely?

They just seem to be going the "bringing the whole audience closer" thing a little to much for them not to utilise it more

That's how I read it, too.

[Slight aside:] Ax, assuming they end up going this route, will that prompt a change on how u2gigs tracks the sets, or will it continute to look like a 12-song encore, like some of those early Vertigo shows (U2 Anaheim, 2005-04-01, Arrowhead Pond, Vertigo Tour - U2 on tour)

And yess, more Bomb songs. Less COBL, more MD.

We're already thinking of how to handle an intermission. Hopefully we'll be able to sort something out rather than having to fall back on the Anaheim approach.

Has Miracle Drug be confirmed yet? Besides that one tweet I haven't seen Peter talk about it yet.

Yes, it's confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom