*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alright let's have a go at this..

Invisible
Volcano
Cedarwood Road
Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
Every Breaking Wave
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
One Stop Closer
Raised By Wolves
__

The Miracle
Beautiful Day
Even Better Than The Real Thing
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
Ordinary Love
Song For Someone
Desire
The Playboy Mansion
City Of Blinding Lights
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

alright let's have a go at this..

Invisible
Volcano
Cedarwood Road
Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
Every Breaking Wave
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
One Stop Closers
Raised By Wolves
__

The Miracle
Beautiful Day
Even Better Than The Real Thing
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
Ordinary Love
Song For Someone
Desire
The Playboy Mansion
City Of Blinding Lights
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

I do not want to see pride into streets ever again

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think they open with Iris->Invisible. Most of the new songs would be really weak openers , but Iris has the slow build to be a really dramatic opener. Kind of like COBL, and why it was such a great opener. Fits with the theme, and staging talked about in NYT.

BTBS -> OSC -> RBW?

it seems a little on the nose, but OSC feels a little like a calm before the storm; and I can see the sonic transition working. It also fits nicely if, as I suspect [hope], they swap out OSC and RTSS on alternate nights.

I could also see BTBS/OSC opening up the second set.

You don't go to war, then come to terms with mortality, and then lose your innocence.

How about Fez as the first song of the second set. Lights are down, Lanois-type ethereal sounds build, the full lights with that first "OHH". Just a thought.

That transition was pretty weak. Streets needs to build from a place of pain - RTSS, Bad, Please - to really pay off.

How about Fez as the first song of the second set. Lights are down, Lanois-type ethereal sounds build, the full lights with that first "OHH". Just a thought.

Do they have the gumption to play it? Seemingly not.

It would make for cool play-on music for the second set. Surprised it wasn't utilized in some form - even as a snippet - for 360.

Wasn't it played over the pa a bit during the build up to zooropa on 360?

The most interesting thing I thought to come from the article has not been talked about here... how the stage set-up works with where people want to stand.

It sounds like one part of the show will be performed on the I, while the other on the E.

I think what this means is that people have a choice whether they want front rail for one of two parts of the show. And that may, finally, make it easier to truly get the spot you want, close up.

The band has promised that before on every tour (Vertigo and Elevation;the tip was great but those people only got a handful of close-up experiences). But is this info is correct, it will finally allow for this.

Thoughts?

Has Miracle Drug be confirmed yet? Besides that one tweet I haven't seen Peter talk about it yet.

Personally I hope Miracle Drug is never confirmed. For some reason, I've had a hard time warming to this song. It was usually my bathroom break track during the Vertigo tour shows.

Did you think the transition worked during the vertigo tour?

I actually like them in the reverse order with Streets coming by way of Bad but I have a feeling given the tone of each set that Bad will be in the earlier part of the show.

Lots of people here have wanted Fez-BB to open the encore of the 360 tour for years. It would've been amazing! :D

The most interesting thing I thought to come from the article has not been talked about here... how the stage set-up works with where people want to stand.

It sounds like one part of the show will be performed on the I, while the other on the E.

I think what this means is that people have a choice whether they want front rail for one of two parts of the show. And that may, finally, make it easier to truly get the spot you want, close up.

The band has promised that before on every tour (Vertigo and Elevation;the tip was great but those people only got a handful of close-up experiences). But is this info is correct, it will finally allow for this.

Thoughts?

It's sounds like people won't have to line up at a stupid hour in the morning to get a great spot. For Dave Grohl's birthday show at the forum, there was a similar set up (minus one end stage) I got there an hour before the show, bought merch and a beer and still was near the rail.

The U2 stages will be even bigger so GA will be awesome. I'm not expecting to get near the rail showing up just before showtime for the weeknight shows but I'm pretty confident I'll have a decent spot. I'm excited :)

It's sounds like people won't have to line up at a stupid hour in the morning to get a great spot. For Dave Grohl's birthday show at the forum, there was a similar set up (minus one end stage) I got there an hour before the show, bought merch and a beer and still was near the rail.

The U2 stages will be even bigger so GA will be awesome. I'm not expecting to get near the rail showing up just before showtime for the weeknight shows but I'm pretty confident I'll have a decent spot. I'm excited :)

But of course people will still line up at stupid hours ;)

I think the big variable is how wide the connecting stage is. Even if the actual walkway were 'only' 6 feet across, if you add in space for security/rail on both sides the footprint would be 10-12 feet at minimum? So for an arena floor nobody would be more than 15+ feet away from the furthest rail or end stage.

I'd love to know how many GA's were sold for this layout vs the same arenas that they played for Vertigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom