*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If U2 play SOI in it's entirety, the headlines would be "U2 forces it's mediocre Songs of Innocence on us again!!" A sentence in that article would read "An audience anxious to hear their favorite classics were instead forced to spend $300 to listen to U2 play an album none of them wanted to hear!".

TWO WEEKS!!! I'm almost as excited for opening night as I am for my shows in Chicago! I was gonna try to hold off setlist watching until my Chicago shows, but it's just too damned fun! To me, setlist parties and rehearsal reports are an integral part of the fan experience. Back in 2001 I worked 2nd shift in a horrible shithole factory. I loved coming home, getting online, and seeing the setlists posted from the evening's U2 show. Setlist watching has always been a nice hobby for me ever since, and not just for U2 either.

Setlist parties are a huge part of the fun for me and I can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Bad is from UF. :wink:

:doh:

Of course, I often forget that cos it's one of my least favourite things on UF. Was really thinking of ASOH and the title track which could happen I suppose (the former rather than the latter, given UF's appearances last tour). I would explode if they did Promenade but I wouldn't bet a fiver on it, even

Vertigo parties when they cracked out Crumbs and Fast Cars and The First Time were awesome

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have seen several bands play an album start to finish, and they were all albums I love, but it's actually not as good as varied set. Totally kills the surprise effect and there is something missing not having different albums next to each other.

I saw Smashing Pumpkins open with the entire Oceania album and it was like being at a funeral. The place went mad when Bullet with Butterfly Wings finally came on.

Conversely when I saw Springsteen play the entire Born in the USA and Born to Run (different nights) the audience was captivated and engaged.

Obvious differences being: ages of albums (brand new vs 20+ years) and quality of albums.

You just don't like much do you? I think you are depressed

I expressed many, many times here joy for many things U2 has done/are currently doing. That doesn´t mean I´m enthusiastic about everything they do. I think bringing back Miracle Drug is not a good idea. The song sounds like conventional U2, it feels a bit forced to me and moreover it wasn´t even a hit back in the day.

Cedarwood is not a bad song, but it is obvious from its structure and the style it is sang, it is a song that fits for evenings with acoustic guitar. Basically, it is a folk song. Thus the arrangment on the album doesn´t quite work. It sounds a bit lost, it is a similar case like Stand Up Comedy, which contains a lot of great ideas, but the final execution fails.

I expressed many, many times here joy for many things U2 has done/are currently doing. That doesn´t mean I´m enthusiastic about everything they do. I think bringing back Miracle Drug is not a good idea. The song sounds like conventional U2, it feels a bit forced to me and moreover it wasn´t even a hit back in the day.

Cedarwood is not a bad song, but it is obvious from its structure and the style it is sang, it is a song that fits for evenings with acoustic guitar. Basically, it is a folk song. Thus the arrangment on the album doesn´t quite work. It sounds a bit lost, it is a similar case like Stand Up Comedy, which contains a lot of great ideas, but the final execution fails.

So is miracle drug conventional U2 or forced U2? And you want to turn one of the rockers from the album into an acoustic number?

So is miracle drug conventional U2 or forced U2? And you want to turn one of the rockers from the album into an acoustic number?

Trolls.jpg

MIRACLE DRUG???

ARE YOU FUCKIGN KIDDING ME??

:drool: Holy fuck I'd die if I heard that live. I realise I'm probably the only person here absolutely psyched for that song. I've loved it ever since day one and was really dissappointed how Bono's speeching fucked it completely live. With that cut out it's actually pretty nice, and we get to hear Edge sing and a great solo.

Shit, okay, I'm now absolutely psyched. :lol: When does the tour start again?

So glad I dibsed it in the Draft. :wink:

The amount of material from Bomb being rehearsed is surprising and a little disappointing. But, hey, I'm sure they're playing it because they want to, and you can't please everyone.

The amount of material from Bomb being rehearsed is surprising and a little disappointing. But, hey, I'm sure they're playing it because they want to, and you can't please everyone.

I'm beginning to think they're... up to something...

MIRACLE DRUG???

ARE YOU FUCKIGN KIDDING ME??

:drool: Holy fuck I'd die if I heard that live. I realise I'm probably the only person here absolutely psyched for that song. I've loved it ever since day one and was really dissappointed how Bono's speeching fucked it completely live. With that cut out it's actually pretty nice, and we get to hear Edge sing and a great solo.

Shit, okay, I'm now absolutely psyched. :lol: When does the tour start again?

So glad I dibsed it in the Draft. :wink:

I'm right there with you on this one, GG. I love MD. That 2 chord progression the Edge plays as the rhythm section takes off in the chorus is utterly spellbinding. Always reminds me of Ride (the band) for some reason.

I've even come around on the 'baby's head' lyric. Top tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom