*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EBTTRT? Again? Ugh. I love the song, and Achtung Baby, but enough with the 90's revival already. How about more Joshua Tree?

The number of JT songs rehearsed so far is more than the number of Achtung songs.

And given that EBTTRT hasn't been performed outside the Americas for 17 years (with two exceptions, Paris 2000 and Glastonbury 2011), I'm pretty keen for it to stick around.

Sorry I don't doubt the source here but I am having a hard time trusting this, maybe a pic of you at the venue or something?

Everything U2FP has posted from prior U2-related events in Vancouver has checked out, so I see no reason to doubt him this time around.

I should've posted publicly and looked like a prophet, but U2FP can confirm I messaged him earlier today to see if he could confirm my speculation that Bullet and One Step Closer were paired. :lol:

The voice of Bono in Bullet seems his actual voice... I thought it was a fake but it could be real.. The voice of Bono in Bullet seems his actual voice... I thought it was a fake but it could be real.. And also I don't remember the rehearsed Step before... Maybe i'm wrong

U2 has rehearsed Bullet the Blue Sky (JT and R&H version) and One Step Closer. The video has been uploaded 2 hours ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuaKcu5nYRI

That actually sounds legit. :ohmy: The amount of mumbling there, plus the vocals sound like recent Bono and there are no recent recordings of other rehearsals for these two songs. 100% not studio versions, cool!

And I do hear the drum rolls in OSC. :love: That'd be perfect!

Yeah that recording definitely sounds legit to me. All the talking, mumbling, and small errors sound just like any other U2 rehearsal clip - and, well, hard to post a live One Step Closer when it's never been played live before in the first place.

The number of JT songs rehearsed so far is more than the number of Achtung songs.

:up::up::up:

And given that EBTTRT hasn't been performed outside the Americas for 17 years (with two exceptions, Paris 2000 and Glastonbury 2011), I'm pretty keen for it to stick around.

Didn't know this, and given how well received it was on the last tour, I'm not surprised they'd want to bring it back. My comment really wasn't about that song in particular, more the AB focus of the latter parts of the last tour. I had no problem with it, I believe it was right for the time. That said, I'm very glad to hear about the the JT rehearsals and welcome a focus on that era (to the extent they'll highlight any particular era at all).

Everything U2FP has posted from prior U2-related events in Vancouver has checked out, so I see no reason to doubt him this time around.

Agreed, past performance is key. If what he's said before has proven to be accurate, it just increases his credibility (the opposite of course is also true). I believe him.

OSC live :drool: it was even better sounding than I'd imagined. This BETTER survive to the dvd

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My comment really wasn't about that song in particular, more the AB focus of the latter parts of the last tour. I had no problem with it, I believe it was right for the time. That said, I'm very glad to hear about the the JT rehearsals and welcome a focus on that era (to the extent they'll highlight any particular era at all).

I concur with this. In particular the second half of JT deserves some love, though everything rehearsed so far is from the first half. It's their best-selling album, so it's not as if playing In God's Country or One Tree Hill or Exit would be met by blank stares. I don't know why they are so reluctant to draw upon it. I don't have the figures on hand right now, but I once added up the total performances of songs from the second half of JT, and I think it comes in as less than the individual play count for each song on the first half.

I concur with this. In particular the second half of JT deserves some love, though everything rehearsed so far is from the first half. It's their best-selling album, so it's not as if playing In God's Country or One Tree Hill or Exit would be met by blank stares. I don't know why they are so reluctant to draw upon it. I don't have the figures on hand right now, but I once added up the total performances of songs from the second half of JT, and I think it comes in as less than the individual play count for each song on the first half.

I think the word "literally" is overused, particularly online, but it literally (as in right now) gives me goosebumps to think about them playing In God's Country or One Tree Hill (outside of NZ) as regular part of the set. And you're right, it's not as if they're rarities.

And what the hell, I'd add Mothers, Trip, and Exit to the list. And if I want to dream, Red Hill Town and Heartland.

Of course I'd trade them all for ASOH and Indian Summer Sky.

I'd like to see that U2 again. Just once.

I think the word "literally" is overused, particularly online, but it literally gives me goosebumps to think about them playing In God's Country or One Tree Hill (outside of NZ) as regular part of the set. And you're right, it's not as if they're rarities.

And what the hell, I'd add Mothers, Trip, and Exit to the list. And if I want to dream, Red Hill Town and Heartland.

ISS and ASOH would be in my top ten to see.

Honestly though, if they ayes slightly longer shows, they could throw in a rarity each night. Why not?

I think the word "literally" is overused, particularly online, but it literally (as in right now) gives me goosebumps to think about them playing In God's Country or One Tree Hill (outside of NZ) as regular part of the set. And you're right, it's not as if they're rarities.

If I want goosebumps, I just need to cast my mind back to 24 November 2006, when One Tree Hill returned to the setlist - and, from my position in the audience, I could see the actual One Tree Hill poking out from behind the stage.

But yeah, A Sort of Homecoming is at the absolute top of my U2 wishlist. I would sit through every crappy 2000s U2 song if it meant that the gig ended with ASOH.

Those 3 were highlights of the JT shows I saw.

I'm way too jealous.

If I want goosebumps, I just need to cast my mind back to 24 November 2006, when One Tree Hill returned to the setlist - and, from my position in the audience, I could see the actual One Tree Hill poking out from behind the stage.

But yeah, A Sort of Homecoming is at the absolute top of my U2 wishlist. I would sit through every crappy 2000s U2 song if it meant that the gig ended with ASOH.

I'm way too jealous.

I was shattered when I visited Auckland to find a stump on top of the hill.

I was shattered when I visited Auckland to find a stump on top of the hill.

I felt the same. But "One Obelisk Hill" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Nice view though. What is it about iconic U2 trees getting desecrated? Though admittedly unlike that particular Joshua Tree, Maungakiekie had some significance before U2. :)

What was even weirder was driving around the North Island listening to the song having to explain to the woman I was with (a Kiwi and Maori activist who lived in Auckland all her life) what the U2 song was all about.

I saw the 5/9/87 show in Hartford and then the 2 Boston Garden shows in September...so got One Tree Hill two nights in a row (and a sloppy Spanish Eyes on the 2nd of those nights to boot) good stuff.

Oh man, those setlists.

I'd kill to hear Spanish Eyes live. Can't believe it often doesn't even get a run in Spain. It's such a fun live track.

What was even weirder was driving around the North Island listening to the song having to explain to the woman I was with (a Kiwi and Maori activist who lived in Auckland all her life) what the U2 song was all about.

That is weird, because I remember the newspapers and the national TV news the day before the first Auckland gig in 2006 all asking "and will U2 play One Tree Hill?"

Of course, it had been rehearsed in Melbourne, but I couldn't quite bring myself to expect anything more than a little snippet.

!

I felt the same. But "One Obelisk Hill" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Nice view though. What is it about iconic U2 trees getting desecrated? Though admittedly unlike that particular Joshua Tree, Maungakiekie had some significance before U2. :)

That is strange!

Amazing views. 360 degrees of water just about.

Oh man, those setlists.

I'd kill to hear Spanish Eyes live. Can't believe it often doesn't even get a run in Spain. It's such a fun live track.
It got heavy air play in Boston (mainly WBCN, Carter Alan), it was treated like the A side of the single and not the B side so that must have lead to them playing it here.

That version of Bullet sounds like it could have been from 1987. The guitar solo is almost identical to the album version (Zoo TV onwards it changed drastically) and is also placed AFTER the "fighter planes, 100! 200!" verses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom