*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanPeter View Post
Apparently the non-disclosure agreements for this tour are even crazier than past tours.
Well, they're working with a manager who has multiple top list clients this time around, one who understands the risks and benefits associated with modern technology and social media. McG's biggest (and only, after a while) was U2. He also hated the concept of internet sharing and was a bit of a dinosaur in terms of social media. Anyone notice that U2 got more of a social media boost once Oseary was on board? That's not likely JUST a coincidence.

And of course, no matter WHO the manager is/was, it's necessary to have non-disclosure forms in place given how easy it is to snap a photo, snag a video, or even send out a tweet or FB post. U2 has always kept their inner circle close and confidential, and that is one of the many many reasons that they are such a successful band (talent and amazing music notwithstanding).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Old 04-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #272
The Fly

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
Anyone notice that U2 got more of a social media boost once Oseary was on board?
Nope.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:17 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:29 PM
Yeah their social media presence is still shit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 04-22-2015, 11:42 PM   #274
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:29 AM
U2 have a social media presence?

Could've fooled me.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:29 PM
Looks like they have been rehearsing today:
Quote:
atu2 @atu2 · 6m
Our Vancouver reporter Stephen K. says U2 has been rehearsing at Pacific Coliseum all night. “Mixture of old classics and obvious new ones.”
Quote:
atu2 @atu2 · 5m
Stephen says he recorded a clip of “Every Breaking Wave.” (Hoping to get/share that later tonight.)
Hope it's a full band version of EBW.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:42 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

oh my god, Every Breaking Wave live is something I was looking forward to even since 360 tour
Old 04-23-2015, 03:28 AM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:29 PM
Quote:
My only major issue with this set is EBW being the last song when bono's voice would be much better served having it 30-60 minutes earlier in the set.
I somehow can see Bono singing EBW with his worn out voice (kind of like he did with MOS on the last tour), but I think it just doesn't make a great closing song. If U2 should decide to play it in the acoustic/string version (which I'm almost convinced they will), there's no chance, IMO, that they'll play it at or even towards the end of the set. It just wouldn't fit.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 AM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:29 PM
Went out for the first time. If you are going just to listen you will have some success. 5 days in and there has been zero interaction with fans, venue garage door comes up and the multiple SUVs will go one of 1 of 2 directions.

Locally hired crew have all been told no eye contact with band members. Common with other acts, but the first i've heard of it in place with u2. Obviously the local crew would know not to approach them.

Most/all of the new album has been heard outside the venue with the exception of Troubles. EBW is apparently full band(ish). One casually fan that lives near the venue said she has heard Ordinary Love, so look out for a secondary confirmation on that one.

Older stuff heard includes B-Day, M-Ways(intro riff only), WOWY, COBL, PITNOL, Magnificent, Bad(tag is still TBA) Even Better and tonight i heard Edge solo play Electric Co. top to bottom.

Some of the earlier photos with pictures of trucks were actually the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool crew shooting some stuff on next door to the venue.

I'm not taking any audio or video,so don't ask.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:03 AM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Went out for the first time. If you are going just to listen you will have some success. 5 days in and there has been zero interaction with fans, venue garage door comes up and the multiple SUVs will go one of 1 of 2 directions.

Locally hired crew have all been told no eye contact with band members. Common with other acts, but the first i've heard of it in place with u2. Obviously the local crew would know not to approach them.

Most/all of the new album has been heard outside the venue with the exception of Troubles. EBW is apparently full band(ish). One casually fan that lives near the venue said she has heard Ordinary Love, so look out for a secondary confirmation on that one.

Older stuff heard includes B-Day, M-Ways(intro riff only), WOWY, COBL, PITNOL, Magnificent, Bad(tag is still TBA) Even Better and tonight i heard Edge solo play Electric Co. top to bottom.

Some of the earlier photos with pictures of trucks were actually the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool crew shooting some stuff on next door to the venue.

Thank you so much for letting us know. I didn't figure we'd ever hear Electric Co. again - obviously nothing is set in stone, but good to know the song is on their minds
Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 AM   #280
Galeonbroad

Thanks for the report! Electric Co would be very cool!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #281
New Yorker

THE ELECTRIC CO!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:37 AM   #282
ONE
love, blood, life

Actually was wondering about electric co - and other Boy songs given the innocence angle.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #283
Vocal parasite

Many thanks for that report U2FP! I would be incredibly thrilled if The Electric Co. makes a comeback. It was pretty much the greatest thing about the Vertigo Tour.

I like to dream 11 O'clock Tick Tock will also be resurrected. Can you even begin to imagine how awesome it would be to hear 11OTT/The Electric Co. back to back? I'd pay full ticket price just for that.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #284
Acrobat

Quote:

Wow, reading this with great enthusiasm, and im 1000 kilomerers away!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #285
ONE
love, blood, life

Electric Co, SWEET !