Phoenix #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That fan looks in absolute delirium! Do you think he had a sign saying he would play it? It seems like bono was chatting with him about it. That would be so cool!, that would be the dream to play with them! It looks like they usually seem to play In god's Country around arizona and nevada dates in the past (looks at the u2gigs.com page ;))

The show looked amazing! Can't wait to see what other surprises pop out!
U2.com has a feed for people that are at the show before it starts and there was a picture of that guy holding a sign that he could play that. So they must have seen it beforehand.

IGC was not one of the 60 songs Edge has rehearsed, we can clearly see it after the announcement, hahaha.

That was my favourite part.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-23%20at%206.52.24%20pm_zpstdpheypd.png

The printed set has surfaced.

IN GOD'S COUNTRY WAS NOT ON IT.

Wow that's really cool for the crowd on the night but I'm bummed it wasn't an official set list entry. Hope it wasn't just a one off because someone in the crowd could play it. I want a proper electric version with Edge ripping through the guitar part!

Definitely a dream come true for that guy. I understand his excitement but I could sense he was one more hug from being taken off stage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

AIWIY closed five shows on the last two legs of Vertigo - and of course they were literally the show before I saw them (OK so there was a biiiig gap between Buenos Aires 2 and Brisbane, but there wasn't meant to be originally!), and the second show after my run of gigs ended. It wasn't played at any of the shows in Australia and New Zealand, because if I'm in attendance then AIWIY is not. I am evidently not all that U2 wants.

The same has happened to me. They have played AIWIY on different ocassions in the last three tours but that song has avoided me.
In the third leg of Elevation tour they played Bad the first night and AIWIY the second night. I went to the second show in Providence and they decided to play Bad both nights.

Hopefully I can catch it this tour!

Just saw the video of In God's country. Wow Bono went looking for the guy in the crowd.
Larry reaction when the guy tried to hug him was so funny.

http://youtu.be/VPxysDbiR6w

That In God's Country performance was a lot of fun.

I just watched a video of last night's The Electric Co. performance. Holy SHIT that was amazing. It will be a huge shame if that doesn't last for the whole tour.

IGC was not one of the 60 songs Edge has rehearsed, we can clearly see it after the announcement, hahaha.

I think it was more that the band hadn't rehearsed it - he handled it no problem. That guy was way too pumped to be on stage.

I think the guy did pretty well for being o. Stage with his obviously favourite band. I mean he did get a little up and personal, I love how Adam was shoving him towards one like can we get on with it mate?!? Hahaha!! But yeah he was jubilant!

Just watching zootv tonight showing some friends and got damn that was one fine ass show. I would transpose 95% of those songs, add in 5 soi songs and you are done for an amazing show. :drool:

That In God's Country performance was a lot of fun.

I just watched a video of last night's The Electric Co. performance. Holy SHIT that was amazing. It will be a huge shame if that doesn't last for the whole tour.

pretty sure the band is very confident in Electric Co considering it's now made it two nights in a row, and in a prominent spot.

props are needed for the San Jose and Phoenix crowds, without their great reactions to it, it could be out of the setlist! should stick around though.

I'd like to see them try it again tonight without the "dude." Couldn't believe it when they broke out Electric Co and Bad. I thought those would be night 2 at best. Can't wait for tonight.

Watching that RAH version of IGC vs last nights version of Sweetest Thing is a pretty drastic difference. One is a band ripping confidently through a great song at the peak of their powers, the other is a guy who can't be bothered to remember lyrics to a fairly simple song, and who is falsely under the impression that he belongs anywhere near a piano.

I know, it's just Bono being Bono, but come on, man. There are people there who paid $300+ to see you.

Lol Bono and his constant forgetting of the words. Both In Gods Country and Sweetest thing :lol:

Electric Co made might night. It sounded great. Didn't realize how cohesive and powerful the first set is. Really impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

And Streets. Of all songs to forget the words to. :lol:

Apparently he's trying to rewrite the lyrics. Someone needs to remind him of the cardinal rule of U2.

THOU SHALT NOT MESS WITH STREETS.
*no speeches before, during, or even after. Save them for other bits in the show (ergo One, Pride, ISHF, etc)
*long intro with red screen and blinding white light only. (Never again shalt thou do the African flag BS.)
*original album lyrics only, so the crowd may sing and bounce along as needed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Apparently he's trying to rewrite the lyrics. Someone needs to remind him of the cardinal rule of U2.

THOU SHALT NOT MESS WITH STREETS.
*no speeches before, during, or even after. Save them for other bits in the show (ergo One, Pride, ISHF, etc)
*long intro with red screen and blinding white light only. (Never again shalt thou do the African flag BS.)
*original album lyrics only, so the crowd may sing and bounce along as needed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Rewriting the words for an old song in a live setting is just dumb, regardless of the song.

If you're going to mess words, at least either a) make it known before hand, or b) screw with the whole arrangement so at least everyone knows it's different.

Back
Top Bottom