Paris #1 Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well...Bono certainly didn't lie when he spoke about trying to give each show a different feel..tonight they achieved their goal..digging in a hole

Just got out of class. What the fuck at this show? Pretty disappointing is this is what is immortalized in the HBO doc.

AGAIN: it is unlikely this is the show they will use, as they are flying a fan in for the Saturday show to be onstage (see the U2.com contest) and are filming the other Paris shows.

Hilarious how possibly the best show of the tour has been followed by unquestionably the worst.

AGAIN: it is unlikely this is the show they will use, as they are flying a fan in for the Saturday show to be onstage (see the U2.com contest) and are filming the other Paris shows.

Hopefully it wasn't a dry run for what they will be doing on Saturday, though, which is very much a possibility... especially with the camera crew there today.

You bunch of arses - i was there and it was beautiful haha

No, sorry. Clearly you're totally lying. Admit the show sucked!!! :wink:

Glad to hear it was still a good show, weird setlist aside.

No, sorry. Clearly you're totally lying. Admit the show sucked!!! :wink:

Glad to hear it was still a good show, weird setlist aside.

It was a weird setlist?? Well in that case i want a full refund jeezus dammit!!

They dropped a couple of songs. The rotational song that usually comes after The Miracle, and one of the rotational e-stage songs.

B-man spoke in French and was so sweet /fangirl moment

They were lovely and really on form! Really great night! Had an awesome spot despite arriving at half 6-ish - few heads back from the e-stage - perfect!

How did Bono sound? I wasn't listening, but a few people listening online mentioned he sounded a little weird ... maybe sick? Or was something just lost in the feed?

Wow. If they play this set for the HBO show, I definitely won't waste my time watching. Typical for this band to chop their balls off before releasing something.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How did Bono sound? I wasn't listening, but a few people listening online mentioned he sounded a little weird ... maybe sick? Or was something just lost in the feed?

I think the sound was pretty good - i didn't notice anything off from where i was...

I get being bummed/slightly peeved about the choices, but come on. What's remotely "ballsy" about playing two extra songs? It's not like they've been playing Acrobat on the regular and don't want it in the broadcast.

If they go with this setlist for the broadcast, they feel it's indicative of the theme of the show. Adding Electric Co/Gloria/Out of Control and whatever other b-stage song doesn't take away from the overarching theme of the show, which may be what they think is most important to highlight.

But whatever. U2 gonna U2, people gonna bitch, people gonna get over it.

I get being bummed/slightly peeved about the choices, but come on. What's remotely "ballsy" about playing two extra songs? It's not like they've been playing Acrobat on the regular and don't want it in the broadcast.

If they go with this setlist for the broadcast, they feel it's indicative of the theme of the show. Adding Electric Co/Gloria/Out of Control and whatever other b-stage song doesn't take away from the overarching theme of the show, which may be what they think is most important to highlight.

But whatever. U2 gonna U2, people gonna bitch, people gonna get over it.

Dropping the 2nd slot song is a deal breaker for me. That's definitely my favorite part of the show. The e stage songs have gotten extremely stale. Heck, they could drop both e stage songs and I wouldn't care. But dropping that #2 song really pisses me off.

That I get. It was the "they lost their balls" comment that irked me. I mean, playing Out of Control isn't very ballsy. :wink:

Just back from the show and what to say. Fine energy with the crowd but the cuts really pissed me off. And by the end of it, felt pretty close to a fucking greatest hits show.

Paris 4 should be interesting, once the broadcast ends and the cameras leave.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

And by the end of it, felt pretty close to a fucking greatest hits show.

Yeah, this is the main thing for me. Why would I attend this show? Almost every song I've either seen live before, or are new songs that I have a very limited interest in seeing (Cedarwood being the closest to an exception). I haven't seen EBTTRT live before and I would enjoy the chance, but it's not high on my "must see" list. October and Zooropa would be a thrill to hear, the latter especially (even if it is abbreviated), but dropping a large sum of money for all of four minutes of a show? No thanks. I don't need to hear Vertigo, SBS, MW, Elevation, Streets, Pride, WOWY, COBL, BD, or One again, so I'd rather it if some of the other songs played around them were special.

Yes I included Streets in that list. Go on, call me an iconoclast.

That I get. It was the "they lost their balls" comment that irked me. I mean, playing Out of Control isn't very ballsy. :wink:

I realize that may irk some people, but I stand by that comment. It's the same reason why many of us don't expect them to ever release SOE and if they do, it will get neutered to death. This band is so frustrating. Playing great and ballsy setlists all throughout the European leg, then by the time the DVD comes out, they're not only playing Elevation and One, they drop a fan favorite slot because audience on HBO may not know the song. That's what it boils down to. They fear that people watching will change the channel once they play a song that maybe they haven't heard before. Screw the real fans, just play for the HBO audience.
That's why they will never, ever be widely loved and popular again. They're delusioned by this notion that they have to play and advertise songs that a lot of people may like instead of playing their great music.

Yeah, this is the main thing for me. Why would I attend this show? Almost every song I've either seen live before, or are new songs that I have a very limited interest in seeing (Cedarwood being the closest to an exception). I haven't seen EBTTRT live before and I would enjoy the chance, but it's not high on my "must see" list. October and Zooropa would be a thrill to hear, the latter especially (even if it is abbreviated), but dropping a large sum of money for all of four minutes of a show? No thanks. I don't need to hear Vertigo, SBS, MW, Elevation, Streets, Pride, WOWY, COBL, BD, or One again, so I'd rather it if some of the other songs played around them were special.

Yes I included Streets in that list. Go on, call me an iconoclast.

:up: Couldn't agree more.

Wow lots of hyperboil and freak out over a show that 99% chance isn't being used for the broadcast.

Bono is saving his voice for the weekend. Pretty much end of story.

The show was filmed but it won't be broadcast as is, so they haven't dropped a song because of a TV audience. It wasn't down to time constraints, they finished early. The only other thing I can think of is what Chrisedge alludes to.

Spookily, Paris also lost 2 songs opening night of ZooTV:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom