Paris #1 Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is how U2 tends to handle things.
This so reminds me of their process of making albums....at least since around 2000.
They attempt to be innovative, and at times are, then when the rubber hits the road in the 11th hour, their balls shrivel, and they get conservative.
U2 is the Mother Teresa of last minute conservative changes, and scaredy cat tactics.
What was the quote... "We might lose some of the pop kids, but hey, we don't need 'em"!
My how things change.
Still love 'em though.:shifty:

Last edited:
AccorHotels Arena (Bercy) - Paris, France - November 10, 2015

-----------People Have the Power-------

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
2. Vertigo
3. I Will Follow
4. Iris
5. Cedarwood Road
6. Song for Someone
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Raised By Wolves
9. Until the End of The World
--------The Fly Intermission---------
10. Invisible
11. Even Better Than The Real Thing
12. Mysterious Ways
13. Elevation
14. Every Breaking Wave
15. October
16. Bullet the Blue Sky
17. Zooropa
18. Wnere the Streets Have No Name

OK, must run to the post office, if someone wants to take over, please do.

One is the last song on the set list from what I could make out.
Get those microphones out!

c958c2a50.jpg

Imagine if they also cut the rotational closer and just walk off after a two-song encore of COBL/Beautiful Day.

I'm starting to lean toward P-fan's theory, about having to shorten the show to be able to include other backstage/interview/whatever stuff.

I have no evidence of that, but sure, why not.

Well they may have cut the second song and the second E stage rotation, but they've kept the one song that feels awkwardly tacked onto the end of the main set! :happy:

I'm starting to lean toward P-fan's theory, about having to shorten the show to be able to include other backstage/interview/whatever stuff.

But would that matter? they could just edit to down surely?

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
05 - Cedarwood Road
06 - Song for Someone
07 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
08 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
09 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
10 - Invisible
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing / Break on Through (To the Other Side) [snippet]
12 - Mysterious Ways
13 - Elevation
14 - Every Breaking Wave
15 - October
16 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode to Joy (snippet)
17 - Zooropa
18 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) (snippet)
19 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
20 - With or Without You

But would that matter? they could just edit to down surely?

Yeah, right? Unless they're treating it as a true dress rehearsal and running through the set the way they want the airing to be?

I dunno. I should stop thinking about this. I should actually be doing work right now. :lol:

A completely reasonabke decision by the band..just don't f****** screw fans over who pay 160 euro for a ticket by playing less songs and give them a shittier view because of camera's but play an extra song instead and decide which ones to cut later.

Unbelievabie

I dunno. I should stop thinking about this. I should actually be doing work right now. :lol:

I should be packing up and going to work, but meh, it doesn't matter what time I get there. Rate U2 are going, they'll probably do just one more song and I'll be early anyway. :laugh:

The show isn't going to be broadcast live. So why would they screw the people at the show over in order to squeeze something into a box that they can edit anyways? I mean I know the french are assholes and all but this is just odd.

I'm still going with either a prolonged encore or the Bono is sick theory. Nothing else really makes sense (although they've never really needed to make sense before)

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah, right? Unless they're treating it as a true dress rehearsal and running through the set the way they want the airing to be?

Wont somebody think of the children!!! (Paris crowd)

Only thing I can think of is saving Bono's voice. Perhaps today was a dry run for the cameras, tomorrow will be the bulk of the filming, and they may supplement it with stuff from the 14th?

Only thing I can think of is saving Bono's voice. Perhaps today was a dry run for the cameras, tomorrow will be the bulk of the filming, and they may supplement it with stuff from the 14th?

Oh lord, I hope so. I would love to see a big sigh of relief from our wretched little hive of scum and villainry.

OH MY GOD NOW I AM THE ONE THAT IS FREAKING OUT.

:lol:

:reject:

I'm the worst.

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
05 - Cedarwood Road
06 - Song for Someone
07 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
08 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
09 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
10 - Invisible
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing / Break on Through (To the Other Side) [snippet]
12 - Mysterious Ways
13 - Elevation
14 - Every Breaking Wave
15 - October
16 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode to Joy (snippet)
17 - Zooropa
18 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) (snippet)
19 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights

Hopefully these fans get a bonus encore after the cameras stop recording. Electric and 40 should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Hopefully these fans get a bonus encore after the cameras stop recording. Electric and 40 should do the trick.

I'd also predict the exact same set for tomorrow, only MAYBE switching out desire for elevation. This is extremely lame of them.

Back
Top Bottom