NYC Setlist Party #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard Lucifers Hands & Sweetest Thing were sound checked.

Have a great time! Wouldn't be surprised if that's the setlist for the e-stage. Electric Co. will most likely return to the 2nd spot and Still Haven't Found, One or "40" will close the show. Always hoping for a surprise, but U2 is U2.

Gayle King just tweeted she and the other CBS Morning News Anchor are waiting for Charlie Rose outside the broadcast center to go see U2 tonight. Only mentioning because they will likely do a story tomorrow morning about it. Also just saw on twitter AtU2 staffer Jill saw Jimmy Page with Dallas checking Edge's gear from the stage. Interesting.... Carry on...

:wave:

I keep thinking Sweetest Thing is dead, but it keeps coming back. I like it, but now it's played only once a month. Wish WLCTT got that treatment at least...

:wave:
Hi everyone! If Jimmy Page plays with them tonight, I will be the most jealous person in the entire universe. Carry on...

Yeah what's up with WLCTT being gone from the sets. It went down a treat with crowds and was great fun. Certainly miles better than a few of the other songs still filtering through the rotations.

Some of the e stage songs were great to hear a couple of times, and it is good to have them on bootlegs, but that's all they were. Some have been amazing and haven't popped up as often as they should, which is a shame. Sweetest Thing was a nice curio, now it should take a bench. As should Desire, AOH (unless the Roots play with them), Stuck, OL. Only the new songs and proper rarities should get a free pass, and they should bring in more songs to mix it up.

I still can't fathom how they don't mix up the post Invisible slots. Swap EBTTRT with Discotheque, and Mysterious Ways with The Fly or (heaven forbid) Acrobat, for every night 2 and you have a wonderful set now.

Some of the e stage songs were great to hear a couple of times, and it is good to have them on bootlegs, but that's all they were. Some have been amazing and haven't popped up as often as they should, which is a shame. Sweetest Thing was a nice curio, now it should take a bench. As should Desire, AOH (unless the Roots play with them), Stuck, OL. Only the new songs and proper rarities should get a free pass, and they should bring in more songs to mix it up.

I still can't fathom how they don't mix up the post Invisible slots. Swap EBTTRT with Discotheque, and Mysterious Ways with The Fly or (heaven forbid) Acrobat, for every night 2 and you have a wonderful set now.

Yeah these are my feelings too. Though in fairness to Angel Of Harlem and Desire, they've basically not been played in North America for fourteen years (there are only one or two exceptions each), so I think it's reasonable for them to get another go-around. Now, if they are done again in Australia... guys, yes, Rattle & Hum is the best-selling U2 album in Australia but IT HAS OTHER BLOODY SONGS.

Yeah these are my feelings too. Though in fairness to Angel Of Harlem and Desire, they've basically not been played in North America for fourteen years (there are only one or two exceptions each), so I think it's reasonable for them to get another go-around. Now, if they are done again in Australia... guys, yes, Rattle & Hum is the best-selling U2 album in Australia but IT HAS OTHER BLOODY SONGS.

Amen. And if they crack out ATYCLB fest for the 3rd tour straight... WE GET IT - YOU'RE SORRY YOU DIDN'T COME FOR ELEVATION

Back
Top Bottom