Nyc setlist party #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that's a solid encore. They really need to cut the speech crap leading into Streets... it's just too much IMO.

I'm honestly not bothered by ISHF/One closing the shows.

I don't think either are particularly great closers, certainly not up there with the likes of Bad or 40 or LIB. ISHFWILF works at least decently though, and has some pedigree as a closer since it has ended a fair few main sets in its time.

I think a full-band EBW would make a good closer. Kinda has that WOWY vibe. But they have cemented that on the e-stage.

"40" is the best so far this tour.

CKU1fH-VAAAS_EE.jpg

CKU1ykWXAAA42n4.jpg:large

Sending healing thoughts and prayers across the miles to you.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Sue -- I felt same way almost 11 years ago now. As I hold my newborn typing this-- trust me it's all worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm on the train heading home. So much to process. Just being in the same place as them...nowhere I'd rather be, than watching this band.
Bono forgetting the words to Mysterious Ways. Gloria! October! BAD!!! Stuck...not a favorite of mine, but I DID like Volcano. That screen during UTEOTW when the light bulb shatters and their world is engulfed in a flood.
Bono saying "Oh, Diana, oh, Diana" to that adorable girl on the e stage and me hearing him saying, "Oh, Diane"...hey, it's the closest I'll get to him saying my name!!
Glorious night. Glorious band. Again. STILL.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm still hyper. Loved these two shows. I got Shine like stars yesterday and Gloria, Bad and the MoS snippet tonight. And October twice. I'm a happy camper! All I needed was 40, but can't have it all I suppose. Went GA with a U2 virgin and she loved the show. Makes me so happy that they can still pull in new fans.
Wish I could stay in NYC!

2 October songs certainly did not happen for the last 26-27 years....? This is great!
:cute:

Yep, the last time there were two October songs in the same setlist was over 25 years ago: 11 November 1989, Auckland.

I lost the quote on the app, but there wasn't a U2 gigs twitter when they played OTH in Chicago? :wink:

Gloria, October and Bad! That's more like it. Hope they're gonna keep October. About time they brought that one back:up:

Gloria, October and Bad! That's more like it. Hope they're gonna keep October. About time they brought that one back:up:
Those three songs made my evening last night! Now if they would only bring back A Sort of Homecoming! I have never heard that one live before.

Those three songs made my evening last night! Now if they would only bring back A Sort of Homecoming! I have never heard that one live before.
Definitely....and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Exit, Love Is Blindness, Lemon, Please. One can dream....

Now they should complete the "holy trinity" from the October album and bring back "I Fall Down" (which would make me literally fall down if they did that one).

October = THE most underrated U2 album forever.

There is only one song from October that should not be considered for live resurrection, and in fact should be deleted from all future pressings of the album: I Fall Down.

Now Rejoice, on the other hand, that should definitely be given due consideration. It would be great live.

Not upset they played a song they haven't played in 25 years. It sounded great. But I was not excited like it was a cut off War album. Can they bust out refugee?

Back
Top Bottom