Montreal #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought 40 was an LA only thing. A welcome mini surprise

Weird having shows without one or found, Montreal only the 2nd city to get a full show without either since they were written.

It's over. :wave:

Bell Centre - Montréal, QC - June 17, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo / God Save the Queen (snippet) / Transmission (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways
14 - Elevation
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Anthem (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
23 - "40"

nah I don't think they've picked up on that yet.

interested to see what they bust out tonight, though you know Paisley is joining them.

Carrie Underwood joined Paisley on stage for "Remind Me", their duet. Saw that on twitter :lol:

Good night, my U2 family. Tomorrow my heart will be heavy, as it is my grandfather's memorial service.

I will be in Chicago next week--- look for me! I'll be in the Mrs Clayton hat and can not wait to see everyone! :wave:

Carrie Underwood joined Paisley on stage for "Remind Me", their duet. Saw that on twitter :lol:

Good night, my U2 family. Tomorrow my heart will be heavy, as it is my grandfather's memorial service.

I will be in Chicago next week--- look for me! I'll be in the Mrs Clayton hat and can not wait to see everyone! :wave:

Sorry about your loss CK....my prayers are with you and your family....:heart:

I was so excited to hear 40 close LA4. It should close every show...

Public Service Announcement:

Next Wednesday night is in the Central Time Zone (GMT -6). Set your alarms accordingly.

It will also be my birthday, but that's incidental...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using U2 Interference mobile app

Take care of yourself kitten, my thoughts are with you and your family. :heart:

I'm really surprised that Bad didn't show up tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thought 40 was an LA only thing. A welcome mini surprise

Weird having shows without one or found, Montreal only the 2nd city to get a full show without either since they were written.

Went to 2 shows, and never saw One. But got Electric Co. twice (which rocks). Amazing shows, but hoping they come back around next year so I can see One. One was on the setlist for one of them, but they switched it for 40 (LA4) which is fine by me since it's such a legendary concert closer that they don't play much anymore. And it was glorious!

Any printed setlists surface from Montreal 4?

I did take a quick glance at the setlist from a fan who received one at the show last night, and 40 was on the printed list. Not an audible.

Can't remember if Elevation and/or Stuck were there.

My son was at the show and a tech gave him a setlist

11349985_10152779847036991_916003534_n.jpg

Now we know WLCTT is still on their minds. With Chicago's connection to the blues it now seems like a lock.

Town/Elevation does strike me as an uneven trade.

That would explain why, before Elevation, Bono asked Edge what song they were playing.

Does that count as a setlist deviation?

Elevation is easier to sing than Love Town, since Bono was singing slightly better at Montreal 1/2/3 from the full audio I heard.

No
As long as Bono can whisper some kind of "woo" into the mic the sound guy can make it sound huge. Whereas Bono has less room to hide on Love Town vocally.

And no...

The only advantage Bono would have singing Elevation is if the crowd helps along with the woo-hoos.

I will say "elevation" does get the crowd going. It should be rotated with "vertigo", as they both serve the same purpose. I do not look forward to hearing either song.

Back
Top Bottom