May 22, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think US Airways Center is the only North American arena on this tour that is sized primarily for basketball.

60318s.gif

Anyone read anything yet about the GA process?? will there be a list?
I am getting into Phoenix Thursday evening. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

db

Question for the locals - is the downtown area congested for Diamondbacks games?

There are games scheduled around the same time as the concerts, so it'll be 50k or so people down there. The arena and stadium are only a couple of blocks apart. I'm thinking of attending the Phoenix shows.

Question for the locals - is the downtown area congested for Diamondbacks games?

There are games scheduled around the same time as the concerts, so it'll be 50k or so people down there. The arena and stadium are only a couple of blocks apart. I'm thinking of attending the Phoenix shows.

Short answer, not likely overly congested due to the D-Backs games - their attendance is generally pretty weak. I did have a co-worker of mine tell me that getting in and out of the downtown area when there is a big arena show going on is pretty hectic - not the best traffic flows/only a couple exits that are really practical for I10.

I'm going to the show on the 23rd and am tempted to swing around and come in from the south on I17 - not sure if it will help, but it's a thought.

I do remember when the Arctic Monkeys were in town last year traffic was pretty backed up.

Anyway - just my 2 cents

I do remember when the Arctic Monkeys were in town last year traffic was pretty backed up.

Anyway - just my 2 cents

Thanks - so it may be twice as bad for the U2 shows. The baseball games (against the Cubs) are at 6:40 and 7:10 on Friday and Saturday. If I go, I guess I'll try to stay downtown.

I was thinking about this last night and checked the Dback schedule. Normally the crowds are not that big. It just happens that the night of the concerts the DBacks are playing the Cubs. That means MUCH bigger crowds for the game. Quite possibly a sell out. Parking might be a tough depending on what time you get down there.

I know a couple old-school interferencers are going to be at this show, but none of us really post here any more. Anyone else?

And thanks for the parking info! Never would have occurred to me to check the sports schedule.

pppssst: AchtungBaby23, I just posted to your fb

Has anyone heard if USAirways Center will be giving out numbered wristbands for GA like they're doing in San Jose? I emailed the arena through their contact us webpage but haven't heard back. The website as of this morning didn't have any GA info posted. I still have bad GA memories from the last couple times U2 played downtown during Elevation Tour. GA was chaotic at both of those shows, especially the 1st leg show. Hopefully this time it will be better organized.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It's refreshing to see how on the ball San Jose is with their GA policy

Not sure if sending their written policy over to someone (e-mail/twitter) at America West Airways at Talking Stick Center Arena would help, but it's the best thing I can think of.

If anybody knows anyone who needs a single ticket for either/both nights, i have:

5/22 - section 204, row 2
5/23 - section 217, row 3

They are both TicketFast.

Hoping to get $50 each. That's half face.

I can forward the .PDF today, otherwise I'll bring them up tomorrow.

Has anyone heard if USAirways Center will be giving out numbered wristbands for GA like they're doing in San Jose? I emailed the arena through their contact us webpage but haven't heard back. The website as of this morning didn't have any GA info posted. I still have bad GA memories from the last couple times U2 played downtown during Elevation Tour. GA was chaotic at both of those shows, especially the 1st leg show. Hopefully this time it will be better organized.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It's refreshing to see how on the ball San Jose is with their GA policy

Not sure if sending their written policy over to someone (e-mail/twitter) at America West Airways at Talking Stick Center Arena would help, but it's the best thing I can think of.

What I have heard from someone who was at the US Airways Center last night :rolleyes: is that they're handing out wristbands at 9am and then come back at 5pm. I mean, I'm sure there's a line for wristbands already but it's "something". I'll post here if I hear anything else.

Back
Top Bottom