May 19, 2015 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Second night was better for both of the Bay Area Vertigo batches...band was better rehearsed and pulled out a few more choice rarities each time.

That said, there could likely be more than two shows. I think the tour schedule doesn't have gaps for more cities, rather those are gaps between cities for extra shows in the same place. So if both SJ shows sell out relatively quickly, we may get #3 and #4. :up:

However, I think the band is only going to fully commit to two different shows. I'd expect the same new songs to be played each night and then they'll mix up the rest of the setlist. Any nights beyond the first two will probably see a hybrid set or maybe a Night #1 set with a few tweaks.

Again, if you look through their catalog, it wouldn't be that hard to get about three nights of stuff they can play with relative ease...we're talking about 16 different catalog tunes each night, so over three nights that would be 48 songs. I calculated the number a few months back at about 40-50 older tunes that they can play with relative ease.

San Jose is not getting any additional shows. I hope to get tickets for my family in the general sale, or maybe through other means. This will be my kids' first u2 show, I think!

See you all in SJ...I think the only places they may add two more shows are Montreal, Chicago and Boston as far as N. America goes. Cities with 4 shows will, I think, get the same show on nights 1 & 3 and 2 & 4.

are the SJ shows high demand shows?

I'll try to go for 2 GA's a night on the public sale, or at least 1 GA priced seat

Are the GA seats gone? I keep trying to choose GA but ticketmaster is pushing me specific sections. I want to be on the floor......

I bought 2 GA-priced upper levels seats

If anyone wants to trade for a couple of real GA, I'd be more than happy

Or if someone sells them at face value, let me know!! :wave:

No seats! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

But, high likelihood a lot of the nosebleeds will come down in price via these scalpers later. You can currently get into night #2 in San Jose for about $80 in total (for what were $40 in total via Ticketmaster)...as long as there's some unsold upper decks closer to show time or in a few months, they'll probably revert back to the mean and not be too unreasonable. I can't live with paying double at this point for the worst seats in the house though...the principle of the entire thing infuriates me.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend and I chucked back the GA price level upper seats ($80) more than once this morning. Might not have been the best idea in retrospect, but that still was a price I didn't really want to pay over two different nights for a band whose new album material I'll want to sleep through...

I just wish I had never joined the fan club back during the Vertigo Tour. I'd have snagged GAs on my own for both of the San Jose shows and might have used the service later on. Fan club members came up HUGE this time because they got to ignore all of the other crap that's going on with these tickets from insane prices to resellers, etc. Pay your membership, get a couple GA tickets and move on. It's a lot easier.

I bought those seats, and it's better than nothing, really

Now I wonder if I can trade them for a GA :|

I'll be at San Jose Night TWO ....Can someone PLEASE clear up for me which is the Main Stage? I don't wanna be looking at the back of their heads most of the night. I bought 8 upper level tickets and wanna know which ones to sell back. If someone could let me know, I would highly appreciate it :)

The RED ZONES are at the b-stage. The other end is the main stage.
What tickets did you bought?

The RED ZONES are at the b-stage. The other end is the main stage.
What tickets did you bought?

At first i bought 4 tickets for section 222. That's when I had an oh shit moment, after looking at the diagram again and then bought 4 more for section 210. So it looks like I'll be selling the 222 ones if that's the case.

Excited!! Renewed my U2.com membership 24 hours before the pre-sale, and got in the 'Innocence' group - scored 2 GAs for SJ2. Then during the general sale, I used the mobile app since everyone was saying it worked best, and I scored 4 GAs for SJ1 (two different orders, 2 tickets each). :drool:

Just thought I'd bump the thread for the inevitably disappointing second night where the setlist is virtually identical to the first. What a letdown! :doh: :down:

Pffft. THIS is the night when they'll be joined by a guest vocalist. Mark Zuckerberg.

Back
Top Bottom