May 18, 2015 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I recall correctly from the Vertigo tour in 2005, the San Jose venue handed out numbered GA wristbands and told everyone to come back at 4:00pm. That was nice! Hope they do it again.

If I recall correctly from the Vertigo tour in 2005, the San Jose venue handed out numbered GA wristbands and told everyone to come back at 4:00pm. That was nice! Hope they do it again.

What happened at 4pm?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My show! I love SAP center and San Jose. I remember how calm the wristband thing was.

I know the manager of the arena and I'll ask him about the wristbands. But not now... too busy freaking out.

the 2005 san jose GA handnumbering line was the best concert line experience i've ever had. i sure hope it's like that again. i got to venue around 9am got a number and got to enjoy my day around san jose instead of having to sit outside the venue all day long like i did for the other vertigo shows.

good luck to everyone trying to get tickets in the morning

Would be great if they had the same wristband approach as before!

Got 1 GA for each of the SJ shows in the pre-sale.

They had GA standing and Main Floor options. Same price. $86 all the fees included.

Yeah, the wristband thing was nice although I didn't have a car or anything to really get away with during the day...a fellow fan let me ride with them to Denny's or whatever early in the morning. Then I just kind of slept through the afternoon before the line-up out in a park as I was exhausted from the previous night (snuck into a bar to see Zoo Station play until about 2 AM).

That said, the entire GA process still sucked big time given the randomizer of the Vertigo Tour.

Personally, I'm gunning for nosebleed seats for both nights and plan to show up late to the second concert and skip the likely boring opening act (once I can get a feel for when U2 takes the stage which will probably be around 9:30). We plan to make a mini-trip out of it since these venues usually charge an arm-and-leg for parking...might as well just use most of that parking fee (and the extra two hours-plus of driving/gas we'd waste going home) towards a hotel and then do some cool SJ-related stuff the very next day.

Also, big question, the Ticketmaster site is showing this as an "in-the-round" concert, yet there was a map specifically of this arena posted in the main tour thread that showed a main and b-stage with seats priced accordingly. It's obviously important because the nosebleeds on one side will be behind the band when they're on the main stage and the other side will be closer to the band when they're on the b-stage.

Having been to this venue before, you could get a pretty good nice view close to the action if your nosebleeds were on the side of the Vertigo circle...but this time the band will be making their way to the other half of the arena instead of barely halfway. Plus, the views from that angle of nosebleeds are going to be double the price according to the SJ map that was posted on here earlier.

Anyway, it would help to figure this out. I'd much rather have the ones near the b-stage as I won't be seeing their backs for basically the entire show.

I'm excited! Got a GA for night 1 in the presale. I'll take what I can get for night 2, although GA would be nice. :lol: I used my other presale ticket for LA 1 GA...

Zoo Station will actually step in for u2 when U2 falls off their four-person tandem bike.

Ahh, I was living less than a 10 minute drive from SAP last year, down on Stevens Creek. Would have been perfect. Up in SF now. Going to try to get tix on general sale Monday for SAP and Madison Square Garden.

and I hope to get tix for this in the general sale.

Good luck. I got scared and bought the stupid membership in time for the second presale. But I think you will be able to get tickets. *positive thinking*

Zoo Station will actually step in for u2 when U2 falls off their four-person tandem bike.

Haha! LOL

Good luck. I got scared and bought the stupid membership in time for the second presale. But I think you will be able to get tickets. *positive thinking*

:therethere: Don't feel bad about buying the membership. Romi has one as well. He just decided to use the code for a different show or different shows.

If anyone is interested, there's tickets available for the two San Jose shows right now. I don't have a passcode, but I was able to pull up great tickets in a few areas, except GA. (DB seats 2nd row from floor, right at mid floor. I would have pulled the trigger but they're $303 per ticket. GTFO.) I am using the phone app.

Since U2 snubbed the PNW for the first leg I will be coming down from Seattle for SJ1. First time in bay area and looking forward to it. Got GA's during the pre-sale.

I bought 1 GA-priced upper level seat

If anyone wants to trade for a real GA, I'd be more than happy

Or if someone sells 2 at face value, let me know!! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom