LA Roxy Club Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does this start at 8pm or 9pm Pacific?

Wonder if some of these early rare songs might reappear on the tour?

I typed Sil in google image search and this was the first I got. She's a brand

sil_logo.jpg

As long as it gets us killer audio, I can live with it.

There really is something to be said and it has been brought up in other threads about how the band wants to see fresh faces nightly and yet the same handful of fans seem to have the resources to basically travel alongside the band no matter what they (the band) try to do to mix it up. Fine line between fan and stalker, gotta wonder what the band would say, etc etc etc. But if it gets us audio, I'll gladly shut up about it.

Sometimes I feel the same way, but right now that just sounds like jealousy, dear. ;)

Not really. I honestly don't have the time or resources to follow the band. I love them dearly but even -I- would get tired of the same thing show after show. And even if I did have the time or the money, I have two kids so I can't possibly play band groupie. :lol:

anybody have any idea what the contest was about? looking at the picture that won, i don't get it

I'm happy for people that can afford to do that. I'm envious, of course, because if I had the extra dough I'd be going to many shows! I'm just hoping they come back in 2016 because right now I can't afford to travel to any shows and they aren't coming to the southeast :( . But more important things are happening in life to keep me here. No problem but I can hope!

I am so thankful to the periscopers so that I can be almost Live at the shows!

As long as it gets us killer audio, I can live with it.

There really is something to be said and it has been brought up in other threads about how the band wants to see fresh faces nightly and yet the same handful of fans seem to have the resources to basically travel alongside the band no matter what they (the band) try to do to mix it up. Fine line between fan and stalker, gotta wonder what the band would say, etc etc etc. But if it gets us audio, I'll gladly shut up about it. [/SPOILER]

I don't begrudge anyone who is willing to blow their time and money to follow a band all over the place. It's their lives, let 'em live it however they want. The fact that people like Sil are willing to share the audio (and video) feed online is even less reason to fret about them.

The only people I get wound up about is so-called "pit pigs" who have their own little cliques to help each other cut in front of others in lines or hold spots up front for each other show after show.

I'm happy for people that can afford to do that. I'm envious, of course, because if I had the extra dough I'd be going to many shows! I'm just hoping they come back in 2016 because right now I can't afford to travel to any shows and they aren't coming to the southeast :( . But more important things are happening in life to keep me here. No problem but I can hope!

Yeah we basically sunk our tax refund into the Chicago trip. It is our son's Xmas gift so money well spent, but honestly? The travel/hotel/etc is harsh, especially when we usually only go to shows closer to us. I'm grateful we're going, and even more thankful for things like periscope that allow me to 'see' the show each night. It's like a wee family party here every show and I love it. :lol:

Brazillian fans are always hardcore. There was a huge contingent here in Australia for Vertigo (and im sure for 360 but i went to Perth which might have been too far for them to come) They camped for days and when we got in the venue we were front row Adam's side and a few who had to stop to get bags checked ended up behind us and basically lost their shit that they wern't front row. One had her mother with her and kept begging us to swap because he mother has cancer and needed to lean on the rail. I said 'why would you bring her to GA anyway?!' let her rest! haha! MEanwhile earlier in the day the same group was saying how this would be their 20th front row of the tour. Mind boggling really.
I mean i understand passion and if you have the money do whatever you want and yeah i'd love to just be on holidays travelling the states, seeing shows but really its tedious (i did 5 in a row and was oooover it!) its 22 hours sitting around for 2 hours of music and by the time you've heard the red/one talk for the 5th time you could die!
But each to their own! :D

Josh isn't back yet! What time is it in l.a?

I'm glad your son will get to see them, CK. My first U2 show is still and will always be my favorite. Dec 5th 1987!

He was in utero during my first show. Vertigo Pittsburgh. He came with us to E Lansing, and he was adorable as could be, dancing on the bleachers up in the upper deck. Now he's 'really' old enough to rock out. Next year we plan to bring his sister with us. She was in utero during both E Lansing and Pittsburgh, though I didnt find out until shortly before Pittsburgh. She's only 3 right now, hence our leaving her home this go round.

He was Geoff Peterson from The Late Late Show when Craig Ferguson was the host:

Ah! I thought i heard him say something like that! I actually remember him when we got sucked into go to a taping last time I was in L.A He stands off to the side and we were like who's this guy just hanging around near us, but then worked out once the show started. Cheers for that!

I certainly would follow the tour if I had the money, but I don't. Three MSG shows are an expense that I really should not have made from an economic standpoint. But there is no experience, NONE, that tops the euphoric feeling I get when I'm at a U2 show. It's the highest high I can imagine, when you become aware that the band is approaching the stage and you are screaming as loudly as you can, so pumped, so excited...those are the moments that make life sweet and make all the bad times and the boring times worth it.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom