LA #3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 30, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Give It Away (snippet)
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Where is the Love? (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Elevation
15 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day

They could play fucking Gone or Kite instead.

I mean, yeah. Or they could have played Ultraviolet and Lemon, my two favorite songs. Or Discothèque and Mofo. Or Hawkmoon and Drowning Man. Or A Sort of Homecoming and One Tree Hill. But they're not going to.

I'm just happy that they're regularly rotating them, and that the things that get plugged in tend to be at least reasonably enjoyable. Elevation/Stuck every night would be not particularly good. Maybe my standards are too low, but this bugs me a lot less than the rather boring encore.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Stuck is such an awful song whatever way you slice it. Elevation you can at least dance around, even if it's a dumb tune. For Stuck you're... well, stuck in a stupid goddamn song you can't get out of.

I can't stand SIAMYCGOO either. The only time I liked it and really liked it, was when Bono and The Edge performed it acoustically on the chairs on David Letterman. That's the only time I've enjoyed that song. It wa a great performance. Other than that I wish this song would never see the light of day in a live show ever again. It's just a straight up mood killer. It's a rock concert. Play a fucking rock song instead.

I can't stand SIAMYCGOO either. The only time I liked it and really liked it, was when Bono and The Edge performed it acoustically on the chairs on David Letterman. That's the only time I've enjoyed that song. It wa a great performance. Other than that I wish this song would never see the light of day in a live show ever again. It's just a straight up mood killer. It's a rock concert. Play a fucking rock song instead.

*hugs* You may just be my new best friend. I agree with every. single. word.

02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Give It Away (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
10 - Until the End of the World
11 - Invisible
14 - Elevation
16 - Every Breaking Wave
19 - Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You

From the 2 shows I attended, Cedarwood and Invisible were my two favorites, regarding the new songs. The latter surprised me, was not expecting to hear it, nor to dig it so much.
My issue with Invisible is there is WAY too much play back and musically it sounds almost identical to the studio version. In fact the two times I saw it in Vancouver it sounded like they just pushed play. I don't think it works because it's kind of an unknown song, the band isn't visible for the entire intro and the sound quality is clearly a studio recording playing "behind" the band. It doesn't even seem as if the second set has started untill Bono appears in the screen. There could easily be a better way to have Invisbie showcased. One way would be to play it live without the overuse of playback.

My issue with Invisible is there is WAY too much play back and musically it sounds almost identical to the studio version. In fact the two times I saw it in Vancouver it sounded like they just pushed play. I don't think it works because it's kind of an unknown song, the band isn't visible for the entire intro and the sound quality is clearly a studio recording playing "behind" the band. It doesn't even seem as if the second set has started untill Bono appears in the screen. There could easily be a better way to have Invisbie showcased. One way would be to play it live without the overuse of playback.

Yeah, guess I just liked it a lot better than you. I thought it sounded a tad heavier than the studio version, but, my ears are not expert ears.

As for the presentation, you're not wrong there, I can see your perspective.....

To recap, 35 year old songs are okay to play over and over, but 15 year old songs are not okay to play. I'll pass it along to Bono and the guys...

2010 was worse. That was when IALW and Elevation became permanent, and ATYLCB was tied for album with most nightly staples...

Although no Stuck I suppose.
weird opening sequence, no narrative....maybe the worst year in their history?

though Hold Me Thrill Me, Mothers of the Disappeared, and One Tree Hill were nice revivals.

Yea, I like Invisible live but California is my favorite song off the record, and I saw both Van2 and La1 and thought it was better in Vancouver. But Iris works better and I would rate Cedarwood Road right up there too.

To recap, I love U2, I just hate all the songs they play. Is there a live stream so I watch every second of every show and love/hate it all at the same time?

To recap, 35 year old songs are okay to play over and over, but 15 year old songs are not okay to play. I'll pass it along to Bono and the guys...

To recap the songs they play from 35 years ago are rock songs that fire up the crowd and haven't been played to death the last 15 years, while the songs they drag out from within the last 15 years are a bit tired at this point.

Fo example:
Out of Control = Great
Stuck in a Moment = Zzzzzzzzz....

To recap the songs they play from 35 years ago are rock songs that fire up the crowd and haven't been played to death the last 15 years, while the songs they drag out from within the last 15 years are a bit tired at this point.

Fo example:
Out of Control = Great
Stuck in a Moment = Zzzzzzzzz....

Pretty much. ATYCLB needs a nap. Bring out some Pop and watch the entire fandom lose its shit.

I've heard I Will Follow same or more than Stuck in my U2 concert life since Pop...

04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
11 - Invisible
14 - Elevation
16 - Every Breaking Wave
19 - Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights

Back
Top Bottom