LA #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Missed California and there aren't any videos on Youtube either. How was it?

Relatively stripped down, sounds like the band is still getting everything together for that one. Good though, and no Santa Barbaras!

Missed California and there aren't any videos on Youtube either. How was it?

It caught me off guard, but I saw Edge get his Tele out at the E-Stage and was wondering...I have seen both performances and thought it was a hair better in Vancouver since the Edge could be heard better on the solo.

Great show!

Regarding the encore: it's easy to be a little disappointed when comparing to Vertigo and 360, because the encores for both tours had some of the flagship, special songs for the tour (Ultraviolet, HMKMwhatever, Zoo Station, The Fly). They were perhaps the most exciting parts of shows, even when they didn't change. The songs in and directly before this encore are largely warhorses, which have a tendency to sounds a bit tired, and are certainly a bit of a letdown compared to what we're used to from encores, at least from the behind-the-keyboard perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

indeed. there is very little, if anything to be excited about if you're a long time fan looking for something a bit special. every other tour, as you've pointed out, had a nice balance. last tour in particular did a decent job of that.

can't believe they played your blue room, absolute highlight for me. nothing has even come close to that so far. even the fly would be a refreshing upgrade on just about anything they're playing now.

indeed. there is very little, if anything to be excited about if you're a long time fan looking for something a bit special. every other tour, as you've pointed out, had a nice balance. last tour in particular did a decent job of that.

can't believe they played your blue room, absolute highlight for me. nothing has even come close to that so far. even the fly would be a refreshing upgrade on just about anything they're playing now.

The electric co is the only WOW moment having watched almost every videos on youtube. Iris comes second.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

electric co is amazing...they should play it every night. so much energy

surprised by the amount of love for the california song considering it has perhaps the worst chorus of all time, by anyone.

even the black eyed peas would cringe.

surprised by the amount of love for the california song considering it has perhaps the worst chorus of all time, by anyone.

I CANNOT believe you just said something negative about U2. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they play Electric Co times two each night, like they played it in LA, I'd be more than down with it. :drool: Holy shit that was awesome.

Man, what? That's one of the only really memorable choruses on the album. Catchy as fuck, pure U2.

Fuck me Chris there some of the best videos I have seen so far this tour, great audio

Dancing Adam

m396k.gif

Thank you Chrisedge for that vid of Electric Co!! Def one of the best videos out there yet. Looks like it was a top notch performance. So glad you caught Adam dancing & the crowd into it, Edge even skipped a little like he did on Vertigo tour. Seeing the band that into has me pumped for this whole tour.

I panned out just to show the crowd. They were into it!

There was a little kid in front of me, looked like he was about 7 or 8 and he was rocking the fuck out to TEC. That made me smile.

Crowd was average overall. I laughed when everyone in the Red Zone started filing out for a bathroom break at the beginning of Cedarwood. Bad timing there.

Hopefully their electric co performances inspire them to rock the fuck out on SOE

Back
Top Bottom