June 28, 2015 - Chicago, IL - United Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YES!....I got two GA's....going to try to get two nosebleads for the 29th during the general sale....Reserved the Marriott that's .67 miles away....I know its a marginal area. I remember for the Vertigo tour they advised not walking around the neighborhood. Just wondering if it would be a safe walk of four blocks. Trying to do this on a budget and its $160 after taxes and $40 for valet parking....Like to get something cheaper if possible...any ideas?

YES!....I got two GA's....going to try to get two nosebleads for the 29th during the general sale....Reserved the Marriott that's .67 miles away....I know its a marginal area. I remember for the Vertigo tour they advised not walking around the neighborhood. Just wondering if it would be a safe walk of four blocks. Trying to do this on a budget and its $160 after taxes and $40 for valet parking....Like to get something cheaper if possible...any ideas?

You'll be fine on the walk , you are nice and close- plus there will be so many others exiting at the same time. Have a great time in Chicago! Going to try for my GA's tomorrow - fingers crossed :hyper:

just found out the Marriott has a free shuttle that runs to the UC....that's a nice perk....odd they are charging $127....seams cheap..

I got a pair of GAs for the 28 :) my friend and I will be coming and staying for a little long weekend (I'm in Toronto, she's coming from Calgary). Probably will try and find some Airbnb accomodations, so any neighbourhood recommendations are great! We're both 25, want to stay somewhere where we can walk to bars, restos, etc. VERY excited!!

I show up every four years, post a few times and then go back to the bat cave! Good to still see you around here! :applaud:

My U2 tribute is playing the U2 Fan Meet up at the Hard Rock Chicago on June 27.
I need the June 28 GA ticket for our bass player.
If anyone has one they can sell, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
u2act.com

http://www.unitedcenter.com/events/2015/06/u-2-innocence-experience/

GENERAL ADMISSION:

Overnight camping and tailgating are not permitted.
On the day of their show, guests can start lining up at 6 a.m. outside of Gate 5 (Honore St.).
*Due to construction, please access the General Admission line via Wood St. or Adams St.
Starting at 6 a.m., parking will be open in Lot K (on Adams Street) for $29. Cash only.
*Once parked in Lot K, no in- and -out privileges are available. If you leave the parking lot, you will have have to pay for parking upon returning.
No wristbands will be handed out for those waiting in line. It is up to the guests to keep their position while waiting.
*Saving spots for late arriving guests is strictly prohibited.
Food and beverage will not be available.
For your convenience, portable toilets will be available on site.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

First U2 concert for me and second for husband on Sunday!!!!! GA for it and Monday night! We are hoping to line up early for the Monday show or try to meet the band going in. It's going to be interesting being 7 mths pregnant, but super excited to see the band from that vantage point and meet fans!:wave:

Ugh

U2 - June 24 - July 2, 2015 | United Center

GENERAL ADMISSION:

Overnight camping and tailgating are not permitted.
On the day of their show, guests can start lining up at 6 a.m. outside of Gate 5 (Honore St.).
*Due to construction, please access the General Admission line via Wood St. or Adams St.
Starting at 6 a.m., parking will be open in Lot K (on Adams Street) for $29. Cash only.
*Once parked in Lot K, no in- and -out privileges are available. If you leave the parking lot, you will have have to pay for parking upon returning.
No wristbands will be handed out for those waiting in line. It is up to the guests to keep their position while waiting.
*Saving spots for late arriving guests is strictly prohibited.
Food and beverage will not be available.
For your convenience, portable toilets will be available on site.

Well this sucks.. We had planned on showing up around 6ish, getting wristbands, and enjoying Sunday before returning around 3 or 4ish.. Now it looks like we're sitting in line all day... And, I read on another thread that someone already started the "list"??

Well this sucks.. We had planned on showing up around 6ish, getting wristbands, and enjoying Sunday before returning around 3 or 4ish.. Now it looks like we're sitting in line all day... And, I read on another thread that someone already started the "list"??

Well, I know that most people were walking in and out of the line all day for Chicago 1 after the final check-in at 5 or 6 a.m. In addition, I'm pretty sure that there were a few people that left at 7 or 8 and didn't return until 3 or 4. It didn't matter to me at all, but I'm sure some people might be up in arms about the later part in terms of fairness. I doubt there's many of them though based off of my experiences that day though.

Well, I know that most people were walking in and out of the line all day for Chicago 1 after the final check-in at 5 or 6 a.m. In addition, I'm pretty sure that there were a few people that left at 7 or 8 and didn't return until 3 or 4. It didn't matter to me at all, but I'm sure some people might be up in arms about the later part in terms of fairness. I doubt there's many of them though based off of my experiences that day though.

Thanks Trevgreg! That was my initial instinct, but I also wonder if it was more flexible for Chicago 1 since it was on a weekday.. We're used to sitting in lines, did it for 3 Chicago shows, Oklahoma, and Athens on the 360 tour. The only show we didn't sit in line all day for was Minneapolis.

We aren't that concerned about getting a rail for this show, so I'm wondering if we don't just show up later on Sunday and take what we get.. But then again, since it's a Sunday show, who knows if GA is going to be packed to the gills. We had seats for Chicago 1, and it looked like there was plenty of room..

No problem! Yeah, maybe the weekend aspect of things could make a difference there. But for the most part, I guess it's just something you have to play by ear when you get there anyway. If it seems more lax and what not, then maybe you can leave for an extended period of time? I try not to stray too far away myself mostly since talking to others in the line is part of the experience, but I know it's fun to have the flexibility as well (hence why wristbands would be good here).

There's really no bad spots on the floor at all, so if you're not too picky about your position, then maybe you can avoid the line altogether? I know on Wednesday that there were only about 300 people in line less than an hour before they started letting people in. I was up front by the Edge and the guys behind me were 193-194 too, so it's not like being a few hundred people back would result in being too far behind the rail (if that's something you'd be interested in).

Thanks Trevgreg! That was my initial instinct, but I also wonder if it was more flexible for Chicago 1 since it was on a weekday.. We're used to sitting in lines, did it for 3 Chicago shows, Oklahoma, and Athens on the 360 tour. The only show we didn't sit in line all day for was Minneapolis.

We aren't that concerned about getting a rail for this show, so I'm wondering if we don't just show up later on Sunday and take what we get.. But then again, since it's a Sunday show, who knows if GA is going to be packed to the gills. We had seats for Chicago 1, and it looked like there was plenty of room..

Not sure about the weekend crowd, but on Thursday we showed up just after 5 and were 3 people back from the e-stage! (North side)

Sent from my SM-G900V using U2 Interference mobile app

Thanks!

Not sure about the weekend crowd, but on Thursday we showed up just after 5 and were 3 people back from the e-stage! (North side)

Sent from my SM-G900V using U2 Interference mobile app

Thanks for the info! We still haven't decided, think we'll play it by ear today, and go from there :)

Does anyone have 1 ga ticket for sale? We have 1 but need one more for tomorrow night. We will be getting to the ga line between 9 and 10 tomorrow. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

I was looking for a place to park, and I used ParkingPanda to find a garage down the street at $10 for 5 AM - 2 AM. Other websites listed earliest entry at 5 PM which wasn't gonna cut it for me.

Anyways, anyone who uses my invitation code "danielmoser" gets $5 credit. Thought maybe it'll help.

Back
Top Bottom