July 23, 2015 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:27 AM
July 23, 2015 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

Old 12-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:27 PM
Anyone have suggestions for cheap yet decent places to stay around MSG? Coming from VA.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 09:27 AM
I'll be there!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Red Zone for this show.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevashn_hj View Post
Anyone have suggestions for cheap yet decent places to stay around MSG? Coming from VA.
Boxes on the sidewalk?

NYC hotels are stupidly expensive, especially in and around midtown.

Book early if you don't want a dump.

If you consider yourself someone who has no issues finding their way on the subways and such, I'd suggest looking at hotels in Long Island City and Jersey City. Right across the river from Manhattan at a fraction of the price, and in very safe areas with easy transportation.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
has a

Local Time: 07:27 AM
OK, as of now 2 tix for this one. We'll see what gets added at MSG.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane L View Post
Red Zone for this show.
I got 2 red zone tickets as well! Anyone know if the bands "main stage" will be near the red zone? Its not like the last two arena shows were the red zone members are guaranteed to be right next to the band.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well I am in for a seat on this one. Got an error on payment for a GA for the 22nd and then no more tix available so I will have to slug that one out on Monday, plus any additional shows (although I still have one ticket left on my code so if there is a presale I could use it for that...).
Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 02:27 PM
sorry guys but...what does GA03 or GA02 means for MSG shows? is it a classic GA-Floor Standing or not? There is not a GA section on ticketmaster choices so you have to choose for FLOOR SEATING (70$+fees=86$) and then hope the system to find a GA ticket. so are GA02 or GA03 or GA04 standard GA tickets or something different?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKLuke View Post
sorry guys but...what does GA03 or GA02 means for MSG shows? is it a classic GA-Floor Standing or not? There is not a GA section on ticketmaster choices so you have to choose for FLOOR SEATING (70$+fees=86$) and then hope the system to find a GA ticket. so are GA02 or GA03 or GA04 standard GA tickets or something different?

I was wondering the same thing- I have GA03 for July 22nd. I believe if it says GA then there isn't an assigned area.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKLuke View Post
Ticketing systems are based off of sections and seats. It's good they track what's left.

So the GA sections and possible seat numbers don't mean anything to customers, only to the venue and Ticketmaster.

The one thing about it that is relevant to customers is this... When you search for a pair of tickets (or 3 or 4 or more), the software will search for tickets that are right next to each other. So it will search for GA "seats" that have consecutive numbers.

Often there can still be dozens, even hundreds of GA tickets still available, but none that are "next" to each other in the ticketing number system.

So often you can get what you want if you search over at a time instead of for pairs.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Boxes on the sidewalk?

NYC hotels are stupidly expensive, especially in and around midtown.

Book early if you don't want a dump.

If you consider yourself someone who has no issues finding their way on the subways and such, I'd suggest looking at hotels in Long Island City and Jersey City. Right across the river from Manhattan at a fraction of the price, and in very safe areas with easy transportation.

I was looking at Hoboken but know nothing of the area and would not have an issue navigating the subway (lots of subway experience elsewhere). Biggest thing for me is somewhere that is safe. Other than that, it's just a bed for the night. Got GA's for 23rd so am psyched but also old and want to go to sleep shortly after the show.

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #13
Refugee

Sorry to put this one here but--

There isn't a single "NY shows" thread is there? so here goes--

Are any of the tix for any NY show "hard" ones or is it cc only? Regardless--I'm having a heck of a time trying this, but--due both to cc issues and time issues I'll find myself SOL for this tour if someone isn't willing to take me on a good deed. Not moneywise but timewise.

If anyone is able, can they either add or spare on extra ticket anywhere in the building for ANY NY show whether Monday or added show, if "hard" they can give it to me, or cc they can come along as my "cc buddy"? TM is being very vague about which seats for NY are cc and which "hard" otherwise I wouldn't be panicking over this. OF COURSE I'd reimburse for ticket, plus any other expenses.

I'm a local, so no need for anything but the ticket. No hotel worries etc. This in advance.

Sorry for butting in among you already lucky folk, but I'm getting anxious...
Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevashn_hj View Post
I was looking at Hoboken but know nothing of the area and would not have an issue navigating the subway (lots of subway experience elsewhere). Biggest thing for me is somewhere that is safe. Other than that, it's just a bed for the night. Got GA's for 23rd so am psyched but also old and want to go to sleep shortly after the show.

Thanks for the info.

Hoboken is nice... just make sure it's close to the PATH station, otherwise it's not worth the trouble. Same with Jersey City.

you're far enough out that you should be able to find a decent deal to stay in Manhattan proper.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Question for anyone from NJ - I haven't commuted into the city this week but I've been reading that trains have been screwy the last few days. Their website says no delays right now, but I'm still worried. Has anyone been dealing with this? Are you expecting issues this evening? I'm planning on taking a Montclair train that arrives at Penn Station at 7:00...