July 22, 2015 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going for Vancouver, plus I think even I would get burned out on (the ultimately) eight shows in two weeks, so my plan is to skip the first two MSG and start the blitz with this show. :) Of course, when U2 did 5 consecutive at MSG in '05, I was going to skip one (or two) too, but then there was a ticket drop the week of the shows and, well, I did all five. I would not rule out a similar scenario with this run. :D

Trying for GAs for this show today! Fingers crossed. I haven't been to NYC since I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am in the nose bleeds, last row:lol:

Had to purchase them on the secondary market:sad:

but i'm in the building.:applaud::applaud:

Same here- I managed to find a single on TM. Waaaaay up high but, like you, just glad to be in the building. :hyper:

Same here- I managed to find a single on TM. Waaaaay up high but, like you, just glad to be in the building. :hyper:

obviously we'd all like to be first row center, but the most amazing times ever for me are at a U2 show. It's joyous to be sitting (standing !) anywhere inside.

PAIR OF TICKETS FOR SALE FOR THIS SHOW:

SEC 225, Row 2, Seats 11-12

Due to a wedding in our immediate family that week, my wife and I have been forced to postpone our NYC trip to a later time. Luckily nothing else has been booked except the U2 concert. These are the $312 tickets. I'm not looking to make a profit, just hoping to get back what I spent. $624 for the pair. Tickets are the printable kind.

PM me here, or
Email me at farmnerd@hotmail.com

Hope to see all of you at the show - I'll be in GA for this one and the one on the 26th as well. Up in the nosebleeds (sec 226, row 2) for the show on the 27th. I'm debating about going to the other ones. If there is a ticket drop close to show time I just might have to. Cheers -

PAIR OF TICKETS FOR SALE FOR THIS SHOW:

SEC 225, Row 2, Seats 11-12

Due to a wedding in our immediate family that week, my wife and I have been forced to postpone our NYC trip to a later time. Luckily nothing else has been booked except the U2 concert. These are the $312 tickets. I'm not looking to make a profit, just hoping to get back what I spent. $624 for the pair. Tickets are the printable kind.

PM me here, or

Email me at farmnerd@hotmail.com

Sold

Curious if there are any meet ups planned before this show? I didn't think I'd be seeing U2 this leg of the tour with them skipping the bottom half of the country, but now that I will be in NYC just by chance while they are there, it all fell in my lap as if it were meant to me.

For those in the know is this seating chart accurate? Will the main stage actually be on the right hand side of this chart? I want to get tickets and can get some now in section 114 which is fine but I'm hoping those seats are by the "e" stage. When I click on the tickets though it says they are behind the stage... Hmmmm...
60389s_a.gif

For those in the know is this seating chart accurate? Will the main stage actually be on the right hand side of this chart? I want to get tickets and can get some now in section 114 which is fine but I'm hoping those seats are by the "e" stage. When I click on the tickets though it says they are behind the stage... Hmmmm...
60389s_a.gif

I went to Vancouver, and know MSG well. Main stage is on left hand side, e-stage on right hand side where the (no longer existent) red zone wings are. South side should be along the Sec 117 side, north side on the Sec 107 side. Still should be able to see screen and everything just fine although it will be more of a back/side view of the band when they are main stage.

Hey pop artist. Seeing as you know msg well. Section 205. Ok view of screen? Know it probably won't be the best.

I went to Vancouver, and know MSG well. Main stage is on left hand side, e-stage on right hand side where the (no longer existent) red zone wings are. South side should be along the Sec 117 side, north side on the Sec 107 side. Still should be able to see screen and everything just fine although it will be more of a back/side view of the band when they are main stage.

Out of curiousity but why would the main stage be on the left side where, judging by the graphic, there is more seating capacity - hence more people sitting in your back?

Wouldn't it be the other way around?!

Hey pop artist. Seeing as you know msg well. Section 205. Ok view of screen? Know it probably won't be the best.

Section is a bit borderline - I think you will see most of what is going on the screen, but you will be pretty sideways so you may miss some of the effects and may have trouble seeing Bono/the band when they are *inside* the screen area. Should be able to see both stages OK though.

I'm not sure on your statement. Were sections 1,2 and 3 sold as rear stage? Someone told me they were. But I had assumed they were that raised platform on the back of the floor.

Unless U2 is doing something different than every other act who's ever played Madison Square Garden, sections 1, 2 and 3 are not rear stage. I suppose that's possible but highly unlikely.

It's possible that they are listed as obstructed view only because it maybe impossible to see the screen from there, but generally speaking sections 1,2 & 3 should be a phenomenal, if small, section considering all the time they spend on the e stage.

Edit* a quick browse of stub hub confirms what some of us have been saying... Sections 1/2/3 will be by e stage. The only tickets in this area with anything printed on them are on the 300s that say "side stage/limited/obstructed view"

The only tickets that say "rear stage" are on the left in the seating charts, as expected.

I've got two sets of tickets for this show. Sec 111 Row 19, and Sec 324 Row 2 (The Bridge). Trying to figure out which ones to take. I think 111 will be rear stage (says so on ticket) and 324 will be practically over the stage... Mmm.. Opinions of anyone whos been to MSG

I'm not sure on your statement. Were sections 1,2 and 3 sold as rear stage? Someone told me they were. But I had assumed they were that raised platform on the back of the floor.

I have tix in Sec 2 and then directly at the opposite end in Secs 111 and 112 for MSG - it's the 111 and 112 tix that say rear stage on my order. Sec 2 were sold as $250 "fan VIP" tix for the first two and last two shows - they really could not pass those off as VIP if they were rear stage.

BTW, revised red zone seating map for MSG is now up at TM, and the orientation of main stage and e-stage remains as usual. I don't see any Sec 1,2,3, however tiny, now though which is a bit curious for me since I have a ticket there! (I do realize that if that section is gone I will probably get a primo substitute, but still...)

63931s.gif

Nevermind my remarks about lack of Secs 1,2,3 - revised revised seating chart is up and the sections are back. :)

Back
Top Bottom