July 14, 2015 - Boston, MA - TD Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will be trying for GAs for this on Monday. Already getting nervous about it.

Can anyone recommend hotel near TD Garden? I book Onyz just wondering if there's anything closer/better/more economical? Thanks.

Can anyone recommend hotel near TD Garden? I book Onyz just wondering if there's anything closer/better/more economical? Thanks.

Boston is not an economical city for hotels, in fact I've found downtown to be downright astronomical. It could possibly be cheaper in the summer when the majority of schools are quieter, maybe? I've always had to pay a pretty penny to stay in Boston proper, I'm afraid.

Sent from my ass crack

There are hostels within walking distance, which are what I'm looking at since I want to take the train down. Reviews are not stellar but, if the place is clean and safe and you're just parking your ass after a show before traveling home, it might be worth it.

You won't get closer than the Onyx, its about a 2 minute walk to the Garden.

If you want to stay in the city proper, economical is as gvox said, is not easily found.

There's options like Somerville (Holiday Inn) that aren't too far by cab or car, and should be a little cheaper than downtown.

Onyx, The Boxer, and Holiday Inn Express are all a stones throw away, but not cheap. As others have mentioned, downtown is expensive. Depending on your price range, consider staying outside the downtown area. As long as you can get to a subway station, you'll be ok.

Check air b&b there are a couple near TD garden that are cheaper than hotels and nicer. Just be sure to check for cleaning fees that some places may charge. I've had good experiences on this site as long as the property has good reviews. I booked a one bedroom with beautiful city views right across from the garden for 259 a night.

I live in Providence, and I have to plug my own city here. It's the best kept secret in New England. In the summer, if you bid $90 for a 4 star hotel on Priceline, it will land you one of only 4 hotels and they're all within walking distance of the train station. It takes 35 mins on the Amtrak to get to Boston and an hour to get back after (more stops).

The hotels are all downtown and there are a million things to do without breaking the bank. Restaurants, bars, art, music, you name it. Just named the best city in the US by Travel & Leisure. DO IT.

Anyone going to this show who has an extra GA please let me know. I have GA for night 4 but will be in town on the 14th and would love to add this show. Just saw San Jose 1 & 2 and that definitely wasn't enough. If not, maybe there will be a ticket drop day of show.

Selling my 2 Loge 17 seats to this show. I paid 235, but would take less from a fan.

Going to be in the balcony 306 for this one...anyone else meeting up at the Harp across from Garden? Boston's U2 tribute band The Joshua Tree Band will be playing there from 5pm until showtime.

Also, anyone think that Bad could be a lock given that this show is 30 years and 1 day after Live Aid?

Going to be in the balcony 306 for this one...anyone else meeting up at the Harp across from Garden? Boston's U2 tribute band The Joshua Tree Band will be playing there from 5pm until showtime.

Also, anyone think that Bad could be a lock given that this show is 30 years and 1 day after Live Aid?

I'm going to try to make it to the Harp along with a couple of friends from NY - maybe 6-6:30

Has Halftime Pizza gotten better? Favorite spot before Bruins and any event at garden growing up... Last few times it wasn't very good. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Has Halftime Pizza gotten better? Favorite spot before Bruins and any event at garden growing up... Last few times it wasn't very good. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I had it on Tuesday night before the show. Was much better when I last had it about 5-6 years ago. I also found it odd that they stuck to their 7 pm closing time on an event night. I got in at 10 minutes before 7 and at 7 pm they were turning away lots of walk ins.

Back
Top Bottom